• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, jeff is pretty good at shooting stuff.

I can guarantee that I cannot complete this game because I suck at precise aiming while moving.

Same problem for me as lovely planet.

Man, jeff is pretty good at shooting stuff.

I can guarantee that I cannot complete this game because I suck at precise aiming while moving.

Same problem for me as lovely planet.

when you cut your teeth on quake and unreal mp, you really never lose the ability to jump around and shoot things while constantly in motion.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
See, I cut my teeth on unreal bot matches. That's as far as I got. :p

Actually unreal isn't too bad seeing that it has tons of splash damage weapons.

original.jpg

Zaph

Hopefully they'll get some new blood on the design team and do something usable for the next redesign.

I doubt it. Alexis is a really good designer, but CBSi just seems to dedicate very little engineering time to GB compared to the other sites (maybe because GB is growing nicely and the others are not?).

He literally said on the 24hr stream that had he been allowed to dedicate himself to GB, he probably would have stayed, but splitting his time between 4 vastly different sites was draining.

He's also jokingly complained in the past about how much of his time is spent in meetings versus actually designing. So typical corporate bullshit basically.

man, for a smart guy it's impressive how often patrick manages to shove his foot in his mouth. like, it should have to take real effort to turn a generic news story about a game release into something that pisses people off. maybe he reads all the comments on his 720p tv and can't make them out and that's why he keeps making the same mistakes over and over.

Megasoum

Banned
man, for a smart guy it's impressive how often patrick manage to shove his foot in his mouth. like, it should have to take real effort to a generic news story about a game release into something that pisses people off. hopefully he reads all the comments on his 720p tv and can't make them out.

Don't worry, I'm sure the mods already deleted any negative comments anyway.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can't wait for Dan's "Why I thought it was a good idea to bring a wasp nest home for my dad" story.

I assume it involves the promise of free honey.

To be fair I always enjoy the Carpenter stuff Patrick puts out, but it's still funny. You'd think by now that he's been doing this for a few years he might gradually expand his word count. Patrick needs to corner him at one of the conventions he does and extort more content out of him.

Megasoum

Banned
Man... I am physically moving my body in my office chair while watching Jeff trying to avoid those red blocks coming at him in the Dead Core quicklook.

I hope they do a full video, maybe a Bombastica or something, for X-Wing/Tie Fighter. They talk about those games with such reverence, I can't imagine they'd just do a UPF segment on them.

Top Bottom