• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Lords of the Fallen looks ok. I skipped Dark Souls 2 so I might get this to make the wait for Bloodborne easier. Also, I'm enjoying GBeast quicklooks lately.

Dany

Banned
WOW

This is going to be fantastic!

image.php

this will never get old

justjim89

holy crap.

Dan must have called in right?

Not sure. He seems bummed on Twitter that Roman took his seat and that he's not in the office. Looks like Danny is on the far side of the table. A pic was going around with Jeff and Danny talking with Roman on a taping for The Lobby, so my guess is this was a rather impromptu thing with Jeff being like "You know, we do a wrestling podcast. Care to join?"

My guess is Roman will be on for a bit to talk about 2K15 and standard interview sort of questions then they'll move on to a standard Powerbombcast format without him. I can't imagine them talking about how bad WWE is lately with a WWE guy and presumably WWE PR right there. Plus Roman doesn't seem terribly outspoken beyond towing the company line to promote stuff.

Edit: Giancarlo can pitch his new Undertaker idea to Roman! YES!

TraBuch

Banned
Can't imagine the Roman Reigns thing being much more than a ten minute Q&A. Dan should work his magic and get Steve Austin on there.

It just occurred to me that GBeast's PC game footage doesn't suffer from the terrible screentearing that OG GB has. Presumably that's cause they're using newer/better hardware for their capturing?

Alfredo

Damn.

I was also really frustrated my first time through the game (120 deaths), but it's infinitely more enjoyable the second time through (not even new game+) because you can apply what you've learned and be smarter about your upgrades and stuff.

I also don't really remember a boss rush at the end. There remember like 2 bosses that showed up again, but they were some of the most innocuous ones.

The technical problems REALLY bring the game down, though.

I wonder if Dan would have stayed had he known Reigns was going to be there. I'm done feeling sorry for Dan. That's what he gets for missing Extra Life.

Alucrid

Banned
the amount of off topic threads being created that can be linked to dan ryckert is becoming unsettling (egg shells, canseco's finger, etc)

Zaph

Okay, I seriously cannot be the only person who thinks there's something inherently dodge about that Housemarque poll? I imagine their biz dev guy is sitting there having a wank as he watches twitter blow up with ways to monetise your nostalgia. Yeah, many devs do similar shit, but that's so brazen.

#ActuallyItsAboutEthicsInGameDevelopment

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Okay, I seriously cannot be the only person who thinks there's something inherently dodge about that Housemarque poll? I imagine their biz dev guy is sitting there having a wank as he watches twitter blow up with ways to monetise your nostalgia. Yeah, many devs do similar shit, but that's so brazen.

It's better than making a hashtag tweet. Nobody will see it on their timelines unless they also follow Housemarque.

But Housemarque is awesome!

Door Kickers QL tomorrow. Have only heard very good things about it, it's basically a 2D SWAT game.

slice the pie

The word arcadey, I've always used it specifically to mean not a simulation but lately I've heard it used to just mean less difficult or less complicated, most recently when Vinny called Lords of the Fallen as an "arcadey" Souls game. Obviously, it's not a very formal term but I'm guessing I'm the one that had it wrong.

popo

I bet Dan has met that Roman dude before. What with all the 2K press events and $1000 VIP Wrestlemania tickets he has bought.

Top Bottom