• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

put it in spoiler text and dump it on me. I wanna know since i aint playing ACU till it's dirt cheap.

So a time anomaly happens and it transfers Arno to World War 2. He is climbing a really massive Eifel Tower with Zepplins chasing after him. He reaches the top and uses a machine gun to fight back. Also some pictures from reddit leaked showing off the statue of liberty in France.

daydream

Banned
Can't wait for the déjà-vu of people coming back, shaking their fists while assuring everyone that this was "the last time" they fell for a Ubisoft game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't wait for the déjà-vu of people coming back, shaking their fists while assuring everyone that this was "the last time" they fell for a Ubisoft game.

Will it be gone a week later when they buy Far Cry?
My problems with the last AC games were the fucking boats, so this is one that I'm actually interested in. But mostly just because it comes out a week before everything else. Otherwise, I'd probably never touch it.

So a time anomaly happens and it transfers Arno to World War 2. He is climbing a really massive Eifel Tower with Zepplins chasing after him. He reaches the top and uses a machine gun to fight back. Also some pictures from reddit leaked showing off the statue of liberty in France.

hah, they are going all in on the crazy it seems. about time, really, given that this is, what, the 7th entry already?

naw, i only have AC4 because it came free with my video card but that game was such a steaming pile of mule turds that i'm in no rush to get back into those games. plus, Mordor already scratched that itch for me this year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doorkickers looks awesome. Like slowed down Hotline Miami or something. Also makes me continue to want a SWAT/military type RPG.
Should have been Velvet Assassin The Saboteur 2.
I find people look more fondly on that Saboteur than when they actually played it. Game was a bigger mess than AC.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This doesn't make any sense? This is a game series which, seven entries or so ago, ended with a fistfight against the pope and then an ancient alien computer ghost lady looking at you in the future through a VR simulation in the future to tell you about the garden of eden. This series has wore it's nonsense badge proudly since the first sequel.

Zaph

Vcunpbe.png

RPCG lives on in spirit.

They should create an Assassin's Creed where it turns out that one of his ancestors was actually a cat and so he has to try to save the world or whatever as a cat, and then he gets a gun that can manipulate time. That's how Phil Spencer can bring Blinx the Time Cat back as a collab with Ubisoft.

Wunder

They should create an Assassin's Creed where it turns out that one of his ancestors was actually a cat and so he has to try to save the world or whatever as a cat, and then he gets a gun that can manipulate time. That's how Phil Spencer can bring Blinx the Time Cat back as a collab with Ubisoft.

image.php

They can call it WATCH_CATS and 9 million people will buy it on hype alone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That ACU trailer just reminds me of what I was saying in the GTA thread. Thank god Rockstar doesn't put out so much pre-release footage/trailers. The ACU trailer is the prime example of something that would have been awesome to discover while playing the game. If Ubisoft ran Star Wars, they would put out trailers of Empire Strikes Back with Luke's hand getting chopped off and Lando's betrayal.

Megasoum

Banned
That ACU trailer just reminds me of what I was saying in the GTA thread. Thank god Rockstar doesn't put out so much pre-release footage/trailers. The ACU trailer is the prime example of something that would have been awesome to discover while playing the game. If Ubisoft ran Star Wars, they would put out trailers of Empire Strikes Back with Luke's hand getting chopped off and Lando's betrayal.

Sure... But then again I wouldn't have pre-ordered the game 25min ago if it wasn't for that trailer so it has its pros and cons.

demidar

This doesn't make any sense? This is a game series which, seven entries or so ago, ended with a fistfight against the pope and then an ancient alien computer ghost lady looking at you in the future through a VR simulation in the future to tell you about the garden of eden. This series has wore it's nonsense badge proudly since the first sequel.

That stuff is still consistent. Batshit insane, but consistent. The Animus cloud is supposed to be a loose reliving of a person's memory, including the settings that person visits. If the simulator fucked itself, why would it load in assets/memories from another time period that Arno has never seen before and why is Arno doing stuff in said simulation? If the Animus didn't fuck itself (as in it's still accurately retelling Arno's memories), then apparently time travel exists and Arno actually visits WW2 France through a time tunnel. The latter explanation is actually more consistent than the former because there are no contradictions with the established rules of the in-game universe (actual time travel hasn't had any rules established, thus can't contradict anything), but given the dialogue in the trailer the former is likely what's happening which doesn't make any sense because Arno's memories don't include WW2 France so it shouldn't be in the simulation.

I have put too much thought into this stupid story.

popo

Call of Duty got leaked early again - every mom and pop store must await the week before release like christmas. Be warned if you are sensitive to COD spoilers (lol).

Sure... But then again I wouldn't have pre-ordered the game 25min ago if it wasn't for that trailer so it has its pros and cons.

I see that. In a perfect world you would spoil nothing but then with this one minute trailer they turned a game everyone seemed to be down on in to something worth looking at.

Norfair

The statue of liberty? Because I'm pretty sure there is a statue of liberty in Paris. http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/00/71/67/45_big.jpg

popo

Quick Look: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
VIDEO ON OCT 31, 2014 04:00 PM

Vinny/Alex I hope.

Huh never knew about that!

Pretty cool.

That is just mini statue celebrating the original design. Perspective makes it look bigger in that picture. 20 something meters (1/4 scale) I think.

The actual Statue of Liberty was built in France - the head and arm at least - before 1900 and then broken up to be shipped and assembled - so it could be that you are climbing on in AC.

popo

AC4 was pretty damn fun. Just saying. Revelations was meh and I didn't touch AC3 but Pirates of the Animus was a good time for me.

Top Bottom