• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

its been almost 3 years since GB's last video review :-O, i didn't even notice until today. maybe thats why they don't do em, cuz no one cares.

Wunder

Normally I would wait until I have substantial food to dig into the latest UPF but these posts and gifs have made me break my ritual. BREAKFAST UPF

edit: "It's been years since I've dressed up so... Why start now?" Oh jeff

mary sounds like a PR person demoing Evolve
That is how every gamespot person sounds when demoing a game, Danny is the only one who manages to avoid it and even then it comes out. They're incredibly corporate and scripted.

Doesn't ever work for me. I've been trying with thick gloves though.
Yeah, I can't speak for thick winter clothes or anything of that nature(I miss Alaska ;-;). My work gloves have no issues at least!

Yeah but then she'd have to use a windows phone.
Windows Phone is pretty rad, especially with my new Microsoft band <3

Wunder

SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER II TURBO HD REMIX? FUCK YES BEST GAME

nvm not hd remix

sakura stage is the fucking best thing ever

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I am using my brothers 3DS to play smt iv :p. I should get my own when the crazy deals happen on Black Friday. Would you recommend the 2DS ? I don't really know the benefit of that system haha.

2DS is cheaper and has no 3D.

That's about all you need to know.

If money is not a problem you should probably wait for the N3DS.

daydream

Banned
I am using my brothers 3DS to play smt iv :p. I should get my own when the crazy deals happen on Black Friday. Would you recommend the 2DS ? I don't really know the benefit of that system haha.

The only difference is the lack of 3D and that you can't fold it, obviously. I personally like the 3D a lot and have it on all the time but plenty of people don't care for it, either because they don't like the effect or their eyes can't deal with it. Your call. I think it gives the games a nice visual flavour (and some games benefit from it a lot, like 3D Land).

That said, my recommendation would be to pick up a 2DS for cheap and just get a N3DS (XL) when that comes out (or skip the first step).

Does it feel like there wasn't actually much Spookin' With Scoops this month?

I largely enjoyed what there was, especially Lang & P.T., but I had hoped for more, because it is so good / was so good last October.

roytheone

So I was watching the Dutch version of The Voice last night, and one of the contestants looks a lot like Drew:

David_0.jpg

It was super weird to see him sing and speak Dutch, even tho I knew it wasn't Drew.

UPF is amazing. Nice of Adam to give Mary authorisation to appear on the show.

So I was watching the Dutch version of The Voice last night, and one of the contestants looks a lot like Drew:

David_0.jpg

It was super weird to see him sing and speak Dutch, even tho I knew it wasn't Drew.

I tweeted this at him, too funny for him not to see.

I really hope we do get that Freedom Wars quick look that Jason mentioned on the Bombcast at some point. I'm interested to see what that game is like as it looks promising and as I'm getting the PlayStation TV this month it could be a good game to play on it.

sprinkles

I am so sad I missed UPF live last night even if it was on an hour earlier, I was just too tired from work. I just watched the recording, best UPF in ages! Loved gameface Jeff playing Puzzle Fighter in a Penguin costume.

Myggen

"It doesn't have any social hooks though, so I'm out. I'm gonna have to say that I'm out" - Silicon Valley Drew is the best Drew.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does anyone else think Star Citizen is getting WAY too ambitious? Like every time I hear about that game I think, 'Is this going to be balanced? Is this game a mmo? No, right? But ti sort of is?'

Myggen

Does anyone else think Star Citizen is getting WAY too ambitious? Like every time I hear about that game I think, 'Is this going to be balanced? Is this game a mmo? No, right? But ti sort of is?'

Star Citizen will either be the greatest game ever made or a huge disaster. It's a fascinating project.

Xater

He is reviewing it.

Yep and the embargo apparently ends at midnight on Sunday. So if you have not pre-ordered you get enough time to make a purchasing decision. I like that.

Not that I would buy it right now anyway, because my PS4 has been sent in for repair... :(

They have an insane amount of money to do anything they want. It comes down to if they can pull off all the systems. As the game gets more complex there are more parts of it that can end up bad and drag the game down. With the ambition they have I fear that they'll get in over their heads and the result will be parts of it being underbaked or weak. For example, they are adding in FPS mechanics. Can they pull off shooting mechanics like Bungie or the like can? If the shooting is weak then it won't be a boon to the game. If they can pull it all off then it has the potential to be one of the best games ever made, but I'm really skeptical.

Yep and the embargo apparently ends at midnight on Sunday. So if you have not pre-ordered you get enough time to make a purchasing decision. I like that.

Not that I would buy it right now anyway, because my PS4 has been sent in for repair... :(

Halo: MCC comes out soon. I won't be getting CoD no matter how it reviews because i'll never need another shooter
until Halo 5

Halo: MCC looks like one of the best video game packages since The Orange Box. It's the only thing so far that's really made me grind my teeth for not having an Xbox One. I want that 60fps Halo. I want it real bad.

Top Bottom