• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

The Battlefield TNTs were normally a good time. The Bad Company 2 TNT is up there with the best GB segments ever.

I don't think people were complaining about Mary during that segment, just saying that it was different from what we're used to. It's cool to have a more structured segment like that once in a while, but only having those kind of segments is part of what makes The Lobby not so great most of the time. It's a very old time-y Gamespot way of showing off a game. I think my main problem with that style is that it often doesn't lend itself to banter or anything like that, but is more about people asking the person playing the game questions about the game and as a result is informative but not very entertaining. For the record I liked the Evolve segment well enough. As I said that style is cool once in a while, but too much of it wouldn't be what I come to GB to see.

Not having to keep to those structures is what makes people like Danny and Mary stand out in GB content more than I've seen them stand out in GS content.

She's great.

Once in a while is fine, but it was TOO PROFFESIONAL. Sounds like a great Thursday afternoon thing just Murray and some GB duders in there playing Evolve for 2h.

The Battlefield TNTs were normally a good time. The Bad Company 2 TNT is up there with the best GB segments ever.

OK, I take it back, Bad Company 2 streams with GB were indeed hilarious. Especially when Matt Kessler makes questionable comments about the Japanese.

Zaph

Mary did a panel with some other women from the industry recently (at PAX I think?). During that she mentioned that a lot of the time she feels the need to know as much as possible about a game she'll be playing on camera, as a way to kind of compensate for the inevitable comments women get about not know what they're talking about.

That's...understandable in an incredibly sad way. Only solution is to hang around GB more and master the art of not giving a flying fuck what idiots in the comments think.

I liked the Evolve segment - it wasn't too PR-y because Mary sounded genuinely into the game; but it would've been very different if that wasn't the case.

Anime sux

Me, you and Beat Takeshi can take on the world.

I knew I wouldn't have to look too hard to find people complaining about a woman in a Zero Samus Suit talking about a game (and playing it well, btw) for 30 minutes.

Myggen

I hope so. I know things are going to get crazy busy soon but just dedicate a few hours for MP2 please!

Yup, Dan indicated that he wanted to do it soon after Drew got back. So, #believe.

edit: Someone just donated $1,165.00 to the GB Extra Life. Still going!

Yup, Dan indicated that he wanted to do it soon after Drew got back. So, #believe.

edit: Someone just donated $1,165.00 to the GB Extra Life. Still going!

they're pretty close to the staff goal, I'm kind of surprised that they haven't really mentioned that it's still going on.

Myggen

they're pretty close to the staff goal, I'm kind of surprised that they haven't really mentioned that it's still going on.

They mentioned it in the streams themselves, and I think both Jeff and Brad retweeted Matt Pascual saying how close they are to being the top individual fundraiser. They might get a small boost when the archives go up early next week.

Xater

If this COD screenshot will not result in a hilarious discussion on the Bombast I will be really disappointed. Have to cross post it here.

b1dlyizcyaayyth.jpg-muzbm.jpeg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If this COD screenshot will not result in a hilarious discussion on the Bombast I will be really disappointed. Have to cross post it here.
I really wanna know what happens if you don't press 'F'.

I wish it wasn't context sensitive and there would be an actual "Pay Respects" key in the mapping options. I'd map it to one of my mouse buttons for easier access. What if I want to pay respects while strafing right?

Top Bottom