• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Brakke

Banned
Binding of Isaac is a good game but the Binding of Patrick is much less interesting than Spelunkin' with Scoops. Spelunky has so much more totally surprising nonsense. Isaac doesn't have "oh I accidentally spikes and ended what was otherwise a perfect run". It falls apart more slowly. Less shocking.

Watchin' this got me itchin' to pick this up for Vita though.

People have fought and died for a long time for the right to vote, and saying things like "I don't give a shit" are actually way more hostile than I'm sure you meant them to be.

You don't even have to go that far as people dying. Thousands of people spent thousands of dollars to give most of us twelve years of public education. We all decided education was a public good because we all rely on each other to make this world possible. To get that gift and then not use it for the thing you got it for is lame. To let that gift languish and then flaunt that you're doing so is super lame.

Air Force Gator would be disappointed in you, Dan.

;_;7

I find the graphics change in BOI:R to be a strange choice. It seems like going to a pixel art style is a downgrade over what they had before.

daydream

Banned
I find the graphics change in BOI:R to be a strange choice. It seems like going to a pixel art style is a downgrade over what they had before.

The game looks more sophisticated than ever to me. Better animation, better lighting, better framerate, higher detail - I think it's a big improvement.

EA's Moba Dawngate is closing down. Bard should do a livestream on it.

From Matt Bromberg, Group General Manager
Today, I have the unenviable task of announcing that we’ve decided to stop development of Dawngate.

I know this is disappointing news for our community, which has been so supportive and loyal. To all of you who have graciously given us your time and valuable feedback during our beta period, we’d first like to thank you.

Whenever we begin a game project, we do so with great hopes and expectations. In this case, we chose to enter a new genre for EA in MOBA, one that we knew going in was extremely competitive. We built a game in Dawngate that wasn’t simply a clone of existing MOBAs, but one that truly pushed the genre forward in many ways. Dawngate has been in beta for almost 18 months, including a full open beta for the past six months. Through that time, we’ve taken a lot of feedback from players and delivered lots of new features and innovations. And although the game has grown, we’re not seeing the progress we’d hoped for. This isn’t the outcome we wanted, but beta testing is about learning and improving, and ultimately, about making difficult decisions about how to proceed.

As for the incredibly talented team of designers, producers, engineers, and artists who have put so much creative energy into Dawngate: The game was truly a labor of love, and it shows. We’ve got nothing but gratitude for their hard work, and pride about what’s been accomplished.

As a part of the process of closing down Dawngate, we’ll continue to operate the game for the next 90 days. All players will be entitled to a full refund of any money spent during the beta. For most players, we’ll process those refunds within the next 10 days. If we don’t have current payment information on file for you, we’ll need to reach out first before initiating the refund. If you have any questions, you can reach us at help.ea.com.
On behalf of the entire team at Waystone Games and EA, I want once again to thank all our players for being part of this journey. Your straight-up feedback and the friendly reception we received all over the world at events was extremely encouraging and important to us. We appreciate it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Graphics and music are way better in the original. I don't like the pixelart look even a little bit. The music sounds good but not great like the Danny B soundtrack was. Everything from an aesthetic standpoint is worse in the remake as far as I'm concerned.

Graphics and music are way better in the original. I don't like the pixelart look even a little bit. The music sounds good but not great like the Danny B soundtrack was. Everything from an aesthetic standpoint is worse in the remake as far as I'm concerned.

When i realized that Danny wasn't doing this it made me pause tbh.

will have to listen some more.

daydream

Banned
There are filters and I think one of them is a pixel smoother so it sorta looks like the old version.

EiYdtyU.png

This whole "you can have an understanding of the issues and candidates from an hour of reading a simple pamphlet!" feels like something Dan would be ridiculed for if he tweeted about it before voting.

From CNN. Let's not pretend Dan is some freak. Apathy reigns supreme, especially in midterms.

#2 -Most Americans won't take part -- Really, it will be exciting on Tuesday. But most Americans won't have taken part in the election. Somewhere between 55% and 65% of eligible Americans vote in a presidential election (about 130 million people in 2012). Far fewer -- between 39% and 42% of Americans take part in a midterm election (about 90 million in 2010)....Voter excitement is actually down from 2010, the last midterm election, according to the most recent CNN / ORC Poll.

Really hoping the duders do something with X-Wing/Tie Fighter. I've bugged them like a dork about how to get those games running a few times, but now gog has gone and made it dead simple to get those games running. They are freaking amazing. It's a shame the flight club isn't there anymore.

Patryn

Really hoping the duders do something with X-Wing/Tie Fighter. I've bugged them like a dork about how to get those games running a few times, but now gog has gone and made it dead simple to get those games running. They are freaking amazing. It's a shame the flight club isn't there anymore.

Brad has already indicated he wants to do something with it. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in the holiday shuffle.

It's been all quiet on the Playstation/Vita TV front. I guess the hope sudden burst of QLs for vita games that they missed over the years came and went with that one video. Maybe they'll still do a Freedom Wars QL, i dunno, i don't care for monhun games but i'll take anything really.

xanavi

From CNN. Let's not pretend Dan is some freak. Apathy reigns supreme, especially in midterms.

I thought it was pretty clear people were projecting their disappointment over the lack of voter turnout onto Dan. No matter how much we whine we're not going to fix that problem.

It's been all quiet on the Playstation/Vita TV front. I guess the hope sudden burst of QLs for vita games that they missed over the years came and went with that one video. Maybe they'll still do a Freedom Wars QL, i dunno, i don't care for monhun games but i'll take anything really.

I think Jason said on twitter that we might see a quicklook of Freedom Wars this week, either way it seems like he's still playing it but the game seems to be a slow burn from what I've played so I imagine he's trying to get to a decent point to do a quicklook.

Quentyn

That Dawngate thread reminded me of the last EA studio closure Mythic Entertainment and I realized we never really found out what happened to Carrie after that. I checked her Twitter feed and it looks like she recently moved to Austin. No idea if she is still at EA, but I am glad she has a new job.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think "I don't vote" is the issue so much as it is the "everything will be okay" perspective

Dan's probably a swell guy to have a laugh with in person, I'm sure. But, like, I'm surrounded by apathy already. It's not entertaining.

Top Bottom