• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

His twitter has been like that since the beginning. My suggestion would be to step away from his Twitter if you don't like it because it's not gonna change :)

Dan has always been, and hopefully will always be, like that. He only got super popular for it (around here, more specifically), because joining GB was the first time a lot of us had been introduced to him.

well yeah, obviously he can do whatever he wants. I'm just saying I hope he either gets better at those kinds of tweets/trying to be that kind of character or moves on, because (going to throw in an "in my opinion" because I know I have to) he's not that great at it. it's not like I'm offended by him or anything, he seems so eager to get a reaction that being offended seems kind of pointless. it's just boring.

well yeah, obviously he can do whatever he wants. I'm just saying I hope he either gets better at those kinds of tweets/trying to be that kind of character or moves on, because (going to throw in an "in my opinion" because I know I have to) he's not that great at it. it's not like I'm offended by him or anything, he seems so eager to get a reaction that being offended seems kind of pointless. it's just boring.

He posts something on Twitter, people on here always react to it. I'd say he's doing a good job of it. Its somewhat entertaining to watch people lose their shit on here time and time again over dumb stuff on Twitter. Not for you obviously, but some of us are entertained by it, so I say full speed ahead Dan Ryckert!

BearPawB

Banned
Gas stoves are definitely the "preferred" stoves.

They are more expensive and definitely a luxury item.
You can change the temperature and have the stove respond instantly, so it is more precise.

I'd agree with you if we didn't have over a page of people taking offense to it. All good trolls are looking for is a reaction and he got plenty of people with those tweets.

Dan's just a character to me, and anyone who is seriously reconsidering whether to vote or not based on his tweets probably has a lot of fundamental questions they need to ask themselves before stepping out of the door in the mornings.

Your reaction shows very clearly that you are offended by it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna be an awful person and say that I made tiny.cc/sonsofdrewberty during the Drew/Alexis stream.
Seeing this...they are less than $500 away from being the top fundraiser and very close to 200k as a team. Hope they can get past that when the archive goes up.

Nephrahim

Saw people angry about something. Should have known it was Dan related.

I don't like his feelings on voting but If I made a list about things Dan thinks that I don't like it'd be a mile long so why get upset about it now?

lebowsky

Gas stoves are definitely the "preferred" stoves.

They are more expensive and definitely a luxury item.
You can change the temperature and have the stove respond instantly, so it is more precise.

I'm so glad someone sane finally responded to the gas vs. electric stove posts.

You can't control the heat on an electric stove like you can with a gas stove. Getting back to a simmer from a boil on an electric stove (even the ceramic glass-top style) does not work nearly as well as on a gas stove. That being said, I have a glass-top electric stove because that is what came with my house but if I had the money, I would swap it with a gas stove in an instant.

I'm so glad someone sane finally responded to the gas vs. electric stove posts.

You can't control the heat on an electric stove like you can with a gas stove. Getting back to a simmer from a boil on an electric stove (even the ceramic glass-top style) does not work nearly as well as on a gas stove. That being said, I have a glass-top electric stove because that is what came with my house but if I had the money, I would swap it with a gas stove in an instant.

Hey now, I said the same thing a page back already!

Ok I'll admit, I'm not entirely sane

kvk1

I kind of laughed when I looked at my YT subscriptions just now.

OLZ2kri.jpg

Dan's just a character to me, and anyone who is seriously reconsidering whether to vote or not based on his tweets probably has a lot of fundamental questions they need to ask themselves before stepping out of the door in the mornings.

Didn't Jason all but confirm on the extra life stream that Dan just likes to play dumb? I'll have to wait for the archives to go up, but Jason definitely said something about Dan putting on an act.

MGS2's first ep was great. Now we just need 2 Mario 2 Party.

I'll throw in my two cents, since Dan reads this stuff.

It's alright to not vote. You're right that you shouldn't vote if you aren't informed. What people are bummed out by is the tone of your dismissal. It just rubbed people the wrong way.

"Apparently there's some voting thing going on today. I'm not sure if it's happening in California, but I DO know that I don't give a shit"

People have fought and died for a long time for the right to vote, and saying things like "I don't give a shit" are actually way more hostile than I'm sure you meant them to be.

I think next time, take the time to get informed. Take one single night off from going to the bars, ask twitter "what are some good, simple resources to make me informed?' and you'll get more than you could ever need. Take an HOUR to get the general sense of what the issues are, and then fill in some bubbles!

It's honestly really easy. A single night without getting drunk to honor the country you lived in and the rights people fought to give you.

Air Force Gator would be disappointed in you, Dan.

Anjin M

I'm glad you all are enjoying this Metal Gear nonsense, but I'm really into this popcorn jelly bean video. More of that, I say.

GB has been talking about doing something cooking-related for years now, time to get this idea off the ground!

Chopped, but with Dan and Jeff. They are given random ingredients, and Dan and Jeff have to then make a meal out of it. Drew, Jason and Brad then have to judge them.

Bacon

Chopped, but with Dan and Jeff. They are given random ingredients, and Dan and Jeff have to then make a meal out of it. Drew, Jason and Brad then have to judge them.

As long as Drew Jason and Brad are cool with food poisoning I'm sure they would be cool with this idea.

Myggen

Anyone remember Cooking with Tim from the GS era? Pretty sure they're lost to website erosion by now.

I actually tried to find some of those videos some time back. I couldn't find anything on GS, which isn't surprising since there's no archive of most of the videos from that time. Couldn't find much on YT either :(

edit: You should've used a cropped version of this image for Jimmy's avatar, Daydreaming. Even creepier:

xanavi

Lots of laughs in the first episode of Metal Gear Scanlon. I hope by the end of this Drew is as comfortable with Metal Gear controls as he is with Halo because I still feel bad watching him struggle with the mechanics.

Patryn

Given Dan's and Jeff's food preferences, odds are most episodes would be them looking at the ingredients and just walking away without even trying.

Top Bottom