• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

My favorite shark movie.

The ending is an incredible subversion.

I really like that the annoying woman character gets killed and the movie ends with LL Cool J and the white dude broing out on a raft instead of the typical black comedy relief guy dies, hero and heroine kiss as they go off into the sunset.

Zaph

I feel bad for Danny. I get the feeling he looks up to Jeff, and whenever Jeff just shakes his head or takes a deep breath and groans at Gamespot's shenanigans, Danny'll throw him a knowing look and laugh it off. Deep down its killing him.

I think a lot of that is Jeff being Jeff, so it's not to be taken seriously. But with certain things, like Watters requesting and showing off that garbage accessory (and his awful justification), he seems to actually have to hold back. I can't imagine he has any time for Watters and whatever sales people he reports to, especially with really gross stuff like the awful Blizzard stage show hosting/hyping.

I can't believe Drew didn't switch to inverted. Dan's been talking up the first person shooting and then asks him to handicap himself for the first episode.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Press X to Experience Emotions
Article on Nov 05, 2014 11:00 AM

zfdod2X.png

KingKong

I cant be sure unless they say so but its pretty clearly a joke at the ridiculous first person actions CoD and other games (press X to hide in mass grave) have been doing, not to mention they havent had a serious story since like MW2

Have you guys played Blops 2? Its completely insane

I think the developers are probably very much self-aware of how silly that shit is, but it doesn't necessarily mean that is represented in the game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think its pretty hard to say either way if it was a joke or not.

It was a weird thing but its kinda crazy to me what it has turned into. There have to be better things to write about.

stktt

Banned

It was a weird thing but its kinda crazy to me what it has turned into. There have to be better things to write about.

Black bars, perhaps? What's the deal with those things?

Zaph

You would think.

Since Patrick was no longer responsible for 50% of the video content thanks to Dan/Jason hires and GBeast picking up the slack, I hoped we'd see some really interesting articles from him. But looking at the last couple months of posts in the news section, the original content is mostly banal musings on whatever the current trending topic is and lacking any real insight.

Gonna still read it and would like to be proved wrong tomorrow.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, I do think that there's an interesting subject to explore in that. I do think that forcing empathy to such an extent is completely ineffective and takes you out of the moment, not to mention cheapening a real life tragedy.

Myggen

Seemed like they teased Mario Party 2 Party this week at the end of this week's Bombcast. Didn't say the words, but I thought it was pretty clear that that's what they were talking about.

HYPE!

Anyone know who runs the Giantbomblr thing on tumblr? I remember following it when I first signed up for tumblr (mostly to follow Jeff and Patrick) but the guy running the account really has something against Dan. I realize tumblr is dumb in the first place, and this really doesn't matter, but I'm curious.

Anyone know who runs the Giantbomblr thing on tumblr? I remember following it when I first signed up for tumblr (mostly to follow Jeff and Patrick) but the guy running the account really has something against Dan. I realize tumblr is dumb in the first place, and this really doesn't matter, but I'm curious.

That is one tumblr-ass tumblr.

kai3345

Banned
This isn't GB related, so I'm sorry for shitting up the thread, but I didn't want to make a new thread for this. Could any of you duders that have photoshop help me out? It will literally take like two seconds. Just PM me I guess. Thanks in advance <3

Myggen

That's just some random GB fan, don't think he's ever said who he is. I stopped following it a good while ago because he turned it into a Q&A Tumblr, and I wasn't there to hear what some random fan had to say about everything GB (I was there for the gifs!). But yeah, he's been vocal about not liking Dan since the start (partly because of the whole hiring controversy). Not that there's anything wrong with that of course, but that's not what I come to a fan made Tumblr blog to see.

justjim89

I follow that and some other Giant Bomb fan tumblrs, and yeah the tumblr GB fandom is pretty quickly turning on Ryckert, especially in instances when he's proudly ignorant in the face of his white, straight, male privilege. It's disturbingly similar to the way /v/ hates on Patrick, except at least they were objecting to content on the site (however shitty they were being) while the Dan haters on tumblr bitch about things he posts on his personal twitter.

I saw someone earlier today asking earnestly for a NoDan extension. In spite of all the incredible content he's helped bring to the site.

Push a hipster down the stairs, now look who's tumbling.

jeff mentioned doing an office jar time/more Q&A type content on the podcast, that could be cool. always thought it would be pretty interesting to see brad and especially alex make jar time style videos.

hamchan

I think it's fine to have your opinions and all but I don't think you should own the Giant Bomb tumblr if you're just spewing hate at one member of the crew. I don't give a fuck what you think owner of the tumblr, just post funny stuff from Giant Bomb and shut up.

Top Bottom