• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Metal Gear Scanlon 2?!

d91.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, it's not like the dude owns the official giantbomb tumblr, just a fansite really. I'm sure Dan can take (and had faced) the same criticisms over his life. Just feels lame that someone can care that much over what is ultimately a relatively harmless lifestyle.

justjim89

I know a lot of people like to dump on the GB video player, but I really love the ability to have a video fill the browser tab but not the whole screen. That needs to be a feature in every video player.

elfinke

I know a lot of people like to dump on the GB video player, but I really love the ability to have a video fill the browser tab but not the whole screen. That needs to be a feature in every video player.

It's the friggin' greatest, and is the only way I watch GB videos.

Yeah, it's not perfect, but the features it has make it really fantastic for my use.

I actually like the video player now other than its tendency to crash when watching really long videos.

Gnome

The player is a lot better than it used to be, I hated it when it would automatically go to the next video (I saw the beginning of the Skyrim Quicklook far too many times), or when it would replay a video immediately after finishing.

justjim89

Really looking forward to the new Powerbombcast. Reigns' spot on The Lobby was good as was Jeff's participation. Hearing that he was on for like 45 minutes and having gotten the typical "celebrity in a game" questions out of the way on The Lobby, it should make for a good segment. For guy that can often be a rather stilted talker on TV, Reigns seems like a well-spoken interview guest.

That's just some random GB fan, don't think he's ever said who he is. I stopped following it a good while ago because he turned it into a Q&A Tumblr, and I wasn't there to hear what some random fan had to say about everything GB (I was there for the gifs!). But yeah, he's been vocal about not liking Dan since the start (partly because of the whole hiring controversy). Not that there's anything wrong with that of course, but that's not what I come to a fan made Tumblr blog to see.

If this all stems from the hiring controversy, then shouldn't tumblr guy be mad at the people who did the hiring and not the person who was hired? Or does that get in the way of his one-way friendship with everyone else on staff?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what's the press x to experience emotion thing in relation to?

The near-future is such a lame setting for anything.

Only if you're making a first-person shooter with the same boring assault rifle gameplay you'd have in a modern military setting. Nothing lame about the setting of Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Mirror's Edge, for example.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
People do get that the CoD devs were doing a self parody right

Uhm .....no.
I mean maybe they were, but it sure isn't presented like that. You are at a super serious funeral of you best friend, then get prompted to "press x to pay respects" and that's it.

The example was human revolution which is set in 2027 so I would class that as near future.

Yeah, in addition CoD: AW takes place in 2054 which seems to be considered near future.
I'd barely consider those games First Person Shooters anyway. The shooting was the worst part of both.

That's why I said the setting is only bad for boring first person shooters with boring weapons. The original comment was that near-future is a lame setting for anything.

Antiwhippy

Thing is, far future and near future are pretty relative terms. I would consider near future to be stuff that uses tech that are currently being developed for use in 5-10 years time. I can't quite remember if human revolution has anything that goes beyond that.

Thing is, far future and near future are pretty relative terms. I would consider near future to be stuff that uses tech that are currently being developed for use in 5-10 years time. I can't quite remember if human revolution has anything that goes beyond that.

I don't suspect we'll have robot bodies that let us jump 15 feet in the air, punch through brick walls, or turn invisible in the next 10 years.

jgminto

Well they've actually been developing exoskeletons for quite a while now, though I doubt they'll have such dramatic effects. Punching through walls will probably be possible at least.

Antiwhippy

Press X for a smooth shave.

I don't suspect we'll have robot bodies that let us jump 15 feet in the air, punch through brick walls, or turn invisible in the next 10 years.

You don't think we'll have those?

Maybe the lizardmen don't want to let you know we have them.

TomChabbs

Neo Member
Not only is the 'Press X to Experience Emotions' stupid and unimportant, but it is already over a day late compared to the other websites that wrote about it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
First the "F" to pay respects thing, now this. AAA gaming has become self-aware...

Or has it?

Edit: Sorry wrong thread.

No it certainly hasn't

Not only is the 'Press X to Experience Emotions' stupid and unimportant, but it is already over a day late compared to the other websites that wrote about it.

You havn't read the piece so how do you know it's "stupid and unimportant".
Also: Oh no, it's a whole day later? Burn it down.

Top Bottom