• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Not only is the 'Press X to Experience Emotions' stupid and unimportant, but it is already over a day late compared to the other websites that wrote about it.
Then don't fucking read it. Problem solved!

Seriously, if you don't care, great, more power to you. Whining about its existence though? Completely unnecessary when you have the capability to ignore and not read it. I care about this "stupid and unimportant" bullshit.

I wish Drew and Dan would get more into the conversations on the bombcast. It seems like they run down their last week then they're pretty silent(outside of a joke or two) while Brad and Jeff have these in-depth conversations until emails comes around. Vinny was always pretty good at getting into those conversations even if he didn't play the game they're talking about or care that deeply for what they were discussing.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wish Drew and Dan would get more into the conversations on the bombcast. It seems like they run down their last week then they're pretty silent(outside of a joke or two) while Brad and Jeff have these in-depth conversations until emails comes around. Vinny was always pretty good at getting into those conversations even if he didn't play the game they're talking about or care that deeply for what they were discussing.

Yeah, they seem oddly quiet most of the time.

Xater

Agreed.

Volotaire

I agree, it's turned into the 'Brad and Jeff' show in the first half of the podcast for he last few.

Zaph

Dan always starts strong in the Bombcast, but becomes silent pretty quickly.

Maybe podcasting for 3+ hours straight takes some getting use to?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

also emails have been so much less fun ever since the weird thong/Australia/science thing ended.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
also emails have been so much less fun ever since the weird thong/Australia/science thing ended.

Brad is quite conservative with his Email choices. It's too bad because Giantbomb produces some genuinely crazy emails that we never get to hear.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, don't bring that back. It was fun while it lasted but it grew old fast.

oh, I agree. But emails went from "one of the best segments" back to "plain ass emails that I usually zone out during and mark podcast as played with 30 minutes left on the clock" so quickly.

tumblr_n2pt1sCsL61qj1gy2o1_400.gif

Bacon

Donkey Kong Country doesn't stand a chance in goty deliberations. Ain't no chance in hell that Jeff will play it between now and then. There's probably a 50/50 chance Brad plays it.

daydream

Banned
Donkey Kong Country doesn't stand a chance in goty deliberations. Ain't no chance in hell that Jeff will play it between now and then. There's probably a 50/50 chance Brad plays it.

"I got up to the world 1 boss and.. felt like I was kinda done? I mean, it seemed totally fine but it was also just.. more Donkey Kong, you know?"

KingKong

yeah I find myself tuning out when it's Brad and Jeff talking about a game for 40 minutes. There's a reason the bombcast threads had a Vinny checkmark

demidar

watching Jeff play BoI makes me realize how Dota players must feel when they see someone new to the game try to play it.

That's how I feel about any game Giant Bomb plays. 'I could do this so much better". But they do have great personalities so I can keep watching.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
watching Jeff play BoI makes me realize how Dota players must feel when they see someone new to the game try to play it.

Haha, yeah totally. I almost screamed when Jeff went down a level without searching for the item room.
Not surprised that Jeff isn't a huge Isaac fan, never seemed like a game he would enjoy

daydream

Banned
I sure hope Community will stay as hip and fresh as it is at the moment.

Otherwise we may find ourselves in a District A situation.

Xanathus

Haha, yeah totally. I almost screamed when Jeff went down a level without searching for the item room.
Not surprised that Jeff isn't a huge Isaac fan, never seemed like a game he would enjoy

The problem with GB's videos over the past few years is that they don't care about being good at almost all of the games they play, they just want to dump out the quick look and then never touch the game ever again. There are only a few games where they seem to care about completing like Destiny. These leads to quick looks which are uninformative and don't give a good view of how a game is, it's like judging books simply by their covers. Twitch livestreamers give a more representative view of how a game plays to most people compared to any of the GBers.

daydream

Banned
It feels to me like contributions to this thread have already slowed down.

Well, I was more referring to the sub-forum as a whole which accomodates all the platform-specific mega-threads now. Will they help make Community a more respectable and well-frequented place or will it all come crashing down one day? Exciting times we live in.

Birdo's not running the place so I'm already optimistic.

KingKong

I sure hope Community will stay as hip and fresh as it is at the moment.

Otherwise we may find ourselves in a District A situation.

I guess they really don't want any kind of recurring threads in Gaming because they moved the Steam and iOS threads too. Although it's a good thing that the Steam thread won't get 500 posts an hour now

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It feels to me like contributions to this thread have already slowed down.
This is usually the thread that stays busy in my subscriptions, top five, but lately it's fallen into the 6 and below slots.

Still wildly against this move.

Xater

This is usually the thread that stays busy in my subscriptions, top five, but lately it's fallen into the 6 and below slots.

Still wildly against this move.

Exactly. Usually it was almost always at the top of my subscription list. Not anymore.

The WrassleGAF thread is now by far outperforming this thread for example.

Top Bottom