• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

I finally got the MGS2 theme out of my head by learning to play the piece of shit on a keyboard.
For GOTY stuff i am on #TeamTharp about Sunset. Please join me about Bayo not being in the top 5 by saying #TeamJimmy

Bayonetta 2 is my personal game of the year but I'm still on #TeamJimmy :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bayonetta 2 seems like the odds on favourite at the moment.

GolazoDan

Really? I don't know a single staffer that's said it's their GOTY.
Dan's closest and it's at best his second choice. Hopefully he'll get it on the list.

Bit weird none of the others seem to have played it, listened to an old Bombcast where Jeff, Ryan and Brad had all been playing the first one and loved it. Vanquish too!

Bacon

Brad: "Blur has been in in charge of all that"
Drew: "WOOHOO"

This killed me. Good to have drew back on the podcast.

Fireblend

Banned
edit: Off topic but has there been any update about Galak-Z? I know they were trying to get the Vita/PS4 version out this year.

Seems its been delayed:

FRy0zvl.png

Myggen

Dan's closest and it's at best his second choice. Hopefully he'll get it on the list.

Bit weird none of the others seem to have played it, listened to an old Bombcast where Jeff, Ryan and Brad had all been playing the first one and loved it. Vanquish too!

Brad and Jeff will play it before GOTY begins at least, so we'll see what they think of it.

I've seen everybody at GB at one point or another suddenly crap on a game because they weren't playing very well. With Brad, that happens more often than others.

Mully

the notion that someone who has over 1000 hours in dota2 wouldn't enjoy bayo2 because it gets hard sometimes is pretty funny.

I've never understood this train of thought. People love French fries but hate baked potatoes. DOTA and Bayonetta might be difficult games, but that doesn't mean Brad has to like both.

daydream

Banned
I don't think Dan will be much of a fighter in the GOTY discussions. He's not as bent on forcing his opinions on others as Jeff and Brad are. Only reason I'm hesitating with the new bet.

Brashnir

I've never understood this train of thought. People love French fries but hate baked potatoes. DOTA and Bayonetta might be difficult games, but that doesn't mean Brad has to like both.

He doesn't have to like both, but it's silly to suggest he wouldn't like a game simply because it's difficult when he clearly spends a lot of time enjoying difficult games.

I haven't played Bayonetta 2 but Bayonetta wasn't difficult at all on normal. It's not like its Dark Souls or Ninja Gaiden

I'd say Bayonetta on normal is more difficult than Dark Souls. Both are a LOT easier than Ninja Gaiden.

edit: Checkpointing makes Bayo's difficulty less punishing, though.

Myggen

I'd say Bayonetta on normal is more difficult than Dark Souls. Both are a LOT easier than Ninja Gaiden.

If you're just talking about getting through the game, not caring about ranking or anything like that, I would say that Bayo is a lot easier than Dark Souls. But opinions, I guess.

edit: Majestic Nights does not look like a very good game. But it has heart, I'll give it that.

Corgi

Banned

stone4life.

think i made a terrible mistake. framerate for metal gear hd on vita is... all over the place. And the touch stuff for corners is wonky as fuck.

stone4life.

think i made a terrible mistake. framerate for metal gear hd on vita is... all over the place. And the touch stuff for corners is wonky as fuck.

MGS2 is locked at 30 fps outdoors and 60 fps indoors. Sucks, but that's what happens when you go from ps2->ps3->vita.

MGS3 at least has a stable 30 fps, though, so it's actually better than the ps2 original. and yeah, the touch stuff takes a bit of getting used to but it's not that bad. I actually like it for the inventory stuff.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I remember when Vinnie had hair. We were all so young.

In still surprised the guys haven't turned on Mordor. I just can't bring myself to finish it, the combat doesn't lend itself to prolonged playtime.

Brakke

Banned
GOTYs are weird this year. I have no idea who is the Papers Please-caliber darling anybody might go to bat for.

Also almost all of my own GOTYs are outside Giant Bomb's sight. Legend of Grimrock 2, Fantasy Life, Endless Legend, Bravely Default, Divinity Original Sin (damn I went big on old school games this year)... Shovel Knight might get some love? I'm curious how hard Brad pushes on Destiny. I expect it ekes its way in to the top ten.

Poor Dragon Age, even if it's fantastic there's no chance it even makes it into discussion.

Corgi

Banned
MGS2 is locked at 30 fps outdoors and 60 fps indoors. Sucks, but that's what happens when you go from ps2->ps3->vita.

MGS3 at least has a stable 30 fps, though, so it's actually better than the ps2 original. and yeah, the touch stuff takes a bit of getting used to but it's not that bad. I actually like it for the inventory stuff.

its not even locked at 60 indoors. had framerate drops in the top room of the ship.

Myggen

Seeing how Brad has talked about Destiny lately, he agrees that it's probably a 3/5 or maybe a 4/5 game, I'm more convinced than ever that it won't make top 10 and that Brad won't fight much for it. Destiny not making top 10 will be my avatar bet, if anyone's interested.

Seeing how Brad has talked about Destiny lately, he agrees that it's probably a 3/5 or maybe a 4/5 game, I'm more convinced than ever that it won't make top 10 and that Brad won't fight much for it. Destiny not making top 10 will be my avatar bet, if anyone's interested.

I could see it making number 10, just for shits. It will absolutely be on Brad's personal list.

Plus, you have to ask yourself if not destiny, then what? This year has been pretty shit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd almost take that up, but I like being avatar-less now (for lack of any ideas more than anything else).

I think it'll be in the low top 10 though. Sadly, I think Titanfall is going to fall off the list, because it's just been completely forgotten.

Top Bottom