• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

This year seems like a year when no one is going to remember the game that won GOTY after the fact. Like when Xcom won.

This year kind of sucked. You are basically just picking which was the best average game.

Myggen

I could see it making number 10, just for shits. It will absolutely be on Brad's personal list.

Plus, you have to ask yourself if not destiny, then what? This year has been pretty shit.

That there's not a lot of games any of them loved so far this year is the only thing that makes me a bit unsure. But I'm sure they'll have enough games that aren't Destiny to fill that list.

edit. Need those Extra Life archives ASAP!

Seeing how Brad has talked about Destiny lately, he agrees that it's probably a 3/5 or maybe a 4/5 game, I'm more convinced than ever that it won't make top 10 and that Brad won't fight much for it. Destiny not making top 10 will be my avatar bet, if anyone's interested.

I'll take you up on that bet. I think Brad can force it into the top 10.

This year seems like a year when no one is going to remember the game that won GOTY after the fact. Like when Xcom won.

This year kind of sucked. You are basically just picking which was the best average game.
no way, xcom totally deserved that award, and the walking dead being in contention was legit. If anything, they did a disservice to dishonored by just ignoring it completely that year.

I'd given anything to have a game as good as xcom or dishonored this year. Mordor is a fine game, but the only reason that it's even in contention is because the year has seen so many late 2014 games pushing into 2015 and the few 2014 games that came out being underwhelming.

also, wonder if jeff will push for titanfall to make a top 10 appearance or will he vote for CODAW instead? I can't see both making it on the overall list.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That there's not a lot of games any of them loved so far this year is the only thing that makes me a bit unsure. But I'm sure they'll have enough games that aren't Destiny to fill that list.

There's also still a bunch of stuff coming out. Maybe AC:U, AC:R or/and Far Cry 4 will be awesome. Maybe they will all come to their senses and love Smash Bros.

Or Kingdom Hearts 2,5 HD Ultra Remix *cough*

Seeing how Brad has talked about Destiny lately, he agrees that it's probably a 3/5 or maybe a 4/5 game, I'm more convinced than ever that it won't make top 10 and that Brad won't fight much for it. Destiny not making top 10 will be my avatar bet, if anyone's interested.

I'll take you up on that. Brad will definitely box it into the Top 10. It's probably the only year he can do that since there really wasn't a lot of amazing stuff out there this year.

I'll take you up on that. Brad will definitely box it into the Top 10. It's probably the only year he can do that since there really wasn't a lot of amazing stuff out there this year.

destiny will be the first game to make on both the overall list and win the most disappointing game of the year at the same time.

Myggen

I'm already researching good anime avatars. You and Jimmy can be anime bruvvas

InformalBareCranefly.gif

Bacon

I think Jeff is going to really like Far Cry 4 barring any crazy technical issues. I'm putting that at 1 or 2 for the site.

shwimpy

I wish they would stream their live reactions to the Nintendo Direct like they do MS and Sony conferences but I'm guessing the only person that cares about Nintendo is Dan. :(

AcridMeat

Banned
That app Dan was describing on the newest bombcast sounds weird but also really interesting. Forgot if he had the name of it or not.

valeo

Jesus that Destiny talk in the latest bombcast was painful. Just kept going and going...

btw anyone else feel that it's basically just been the Brad-and-Jeff cast lately?

Myggen

Jesus that Destiny talk in the latest bombcast was painful. Just kept going and going...

Wait, I thought they only talked about Destiny for like 5 minutes when discussing that new DLC announcement? I didn't notice much Destiny talk at any rate.

valeo

Wait, I thought they only talked about Destiny for like 5 minutes when discussing that new DLC announcement? I didn't notice much Destiny talk at any rate.

It was at least 15-20 mins; it felt like an eternity

Thanks man!

It's good to hear Sunset Overdrive gets better. It looked pretty cringeworthy in the ads I had seen, but the gameplay looked wild. Hearing that Freddy Mercury is in it made me want to play it.

You know he isn't actually in it, right?

danm999

I'll take you up on that bet. I think Brad can force it into the top 10.

I cannot see it. Even in this year. Too much of the staff have been too critical. Passion picks that one person played extensively that have no opposition (Divinity) are going to get on the list before Destiny.

Wunder

I clicked that url even though I read the next post saying it wasn't a real site... daydreaming pls

use the offer code snakesnakesnake

Metal Gear Scanlon is still a hit. I wonder if Dan forces him to play standard instead of inverted the whole series if he will pick up a stutter by the end.

Top Bottom