• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

FStop7

Banned
B1tIRXZCQAET4r1.png

"Shut up, Wesley."

320x240.jpg

GOTYs are weird this year. I have no idea who is the Papers Please-caliber darling anybody might go to bat for.

Also almost all of my own GOTYs are outside Giant Bomb's sight. Legend of Grimrock 2, Fantasy Life, Endless Legend, Bravely Default, Divinity Original Sin (damn I went big on old school games this year)... Shovel Knight might get some love? I'm curious how hard Brad pushes on Destiny. I expect it ekes its way in to the top ten.

Poor Dragon Age, even if it's fantastic there's no chance it even makes it into discussion.

Shovel Knight will probably be the Papers Please / Rogue Legacy of this year. I wouldn't count Dragon Age out yet either, since they've been such big Mass Effect fans in the past.

Is Fantasy Life really that good? As a big Animal Crossing fan I've been eyeing it recently.

daydream

Banned
Shovel Knight will probably be the Papers Please / Rogue Legacy of this year. I wouldn't count Dragon Age out yet either, since they've been such big Mass Effect fans in the past.

Is Fantasy Life really that good? As a big Animal Crossing fan I've been eyeing it recently.

It's fantastic but it's almost nothing like AC aside from the overall charm and the ability to decorate your house(s).

Myggen

Brad is as bad as the people he hates sometimes.

Don't see how that justifies 'STOP BEING EXCITED ABOUT BAD GAMES.'

Oh come on, how can you take that tweet as anything other than a jokey answer to the "Yeah, man! People shouldn't talk about games they like!" tweet? Seriously, "Brad is as bad as the people he hates sometimes" based on a not very serious tweet about him not liking MM, and then answering a couple of people with sarcastic posts? That's like the definition of no big deal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh come on, how can you take that tweet as anything other than a jokey answer to the "Yeah, man! People shouldn't talk about games they like!" tweet?

Oh that's better. The old 'I'm just kiddin guys!' you know, that's what the people who troll GB are doing too probably totally. 'I'm jus kiddiiiin'

I cannot see it. Even in this year. Too much of the staff have been too critical. Passion picks that one person played extensively that have no opposition (Divinity) are going to get on the list before Destiny.

Who's gonna push for Divinity though? I suppose Patrick, maybe. How much of it did Brand end up even playing? He stopped talking about it on the podcast pretty much after that one quick look.

I can't wait until the bombcast. Instead of Yoshi Island & Patrick it will be Jeff & Dan arguing over MM.

Brand said he wanted to go back to Divinity.

Majora's Mask is trash just like the majority of Zelda games, it just a bunch of the same crap over and over with a new coat of paint and couple bogus feature/items added here and there.

Myggen

Majora's Mask doesn't have enough bars to fill is the problem.

My problem as a kid with that game was the time limit. I've always hated time pressure in games, so that put me off it even back then. Since OoT is one of my favourite games of all time I remember being super disappointed. Maybe I need to go back to it when the 3DS version is released.

My problem as a kid with that game was the time limit. I've always hated time pressure in games, so that put me off it even back then. Since OoT is one of my favourite games of all time I remember being super disappointed. Maybe I need to go back to it when the 3DS version is released.

Same reason I don't like Dead Rising

Myggen

Same reason I don't like Dead Rising

Yeah, that's another one. For some reason I just can't stand games with that kind of time pressure, even if it's a minor thing overall. Persona 4 is one of the few exceptions, but overall that's one of my biggest deal-breakers in games for some reason. But MM looks weird, so might have to check it out.

I haven't played MM, but games with time limits are awesome.

Yep. The first time can be maddening, but it's like the game gets better with each subsequent playthrough. See MM: nowadays I can steamroll through like a solid 30% of the game in the first cycle post-Healing. First time through, the Moon killed me before I got the Moon's Tear.

Maybe it's a nostalgia thing, but I don't understand the people that consider Majora's Mask one of the best games ever, I'm not knocking them, but I don't agree with that at all. I'm sure I'll get some guff for that but oh well.

Maybe it's a nostalgia thing, but I don't understand the people that consider Majora's Mask one of the best games ever, I'm not knocking them, but I don't agree with that at all. I'm sure I'll get some guff for that but oh well.

They threw OoT into a blender and added a whole bunch of weird shit, along with some of the best storytelling and character work Nintendo has ever done. The weird shit means it's not really one of the best games of all time, as it's far too eccentric to not be horribly divisive, but it compliments the narrative elements so well that, should the game take your fancy, it sticks hard.

It's a game I think about a lot. The only problem is the dungeons aren't really all that, especially compared to OoT. I'd say only Wind Waker did worse in the dungeon department, and even that had more than 4.

Myggen

Jeez if someone considers 3 stars generous it must be a real technical mess. And there I thought last year was bad.

It's mostly the online literally not working for me. Just lag city. The netcode seems worse than last year. I see some people in the NBA 2K15 thread here having a better experience with it, but shit is fucked for me.

Top Bottom