• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Brakke

Banned
Shovel Knight will probably be the Papers Please / Rogue Legacy of this year. I wouldn't count Dragon Age out yet either, since they've been such big Mass Effect fans in the past.

Is Fantasy Life really that good? As a big Animal Crossing fan I've been eyeing it recently.

Just don't see that there's time enough for anyone to give to Dragon Age this year. 2015's 2014 GOTY.

"Is Fantasy Life good?" is a fascinating question I ask myself all the time. The short answer is I like it quite a lot. It's definitely too simplistic for a Grown Ass Man but it's great for a Grown Ass Man who is on a bus or who is listening to a podcast or something.

I'll be playing MM for the first time. Going to be a weird experience.

You will know joy for the first time. Going to be a great experience.

Xater

Time for Sony to bring back their NBA series

Wasn't that one bad? I really don't remember.

It's mostly the online literally not working for me. Just lag city. The netcode seems worse than last year. I see some people in the NBA 2K15 thread here having a better experience with it, but shit is fucked for me.

Wow, you'd think they would figure this stuff out by now. On the other hand sports games also seem notorious for bad netcode. Don't get me started on MLB 14...

I think MM is a bit overrated, but it's still an excellent game. I'll probably pick it up, even if I never finished OoT 3D, as I haven't played it since it first came out on N64.

Myggen

Wasn't that one bad? I really don't remember.

Wow, you'd think they would figure this stuff out by now. On the other hand sports games also seem notorious for bad netcode. Don't get me started on MLB 14...

The Sony NBA series wasn't that well regarded IIRC. But yeah, 2K hasn't gotten their shit together on the online yet, which is terribly disappointing. Fifa has been working okay online the last few years, so it's possible to make sports games with good online play. I have no idea how 2K still can't fix this stuff. The game also seems more buggy than 2K14, which is strange.

edit. Formula 1, motherfuckers

Megasoum

Banned
I'm gonna have to try Majora's Mask at some point... Never actually played it.

I LOVEEEEDD OoT and I've had MM here for years since I bought that weird Zelda compilation on gamecube that is not supposed to be resold (I think it was a pack in) but the time mechanic always intimidated me. I don't like to be rushed when I play a game lol.

Just don't see that there's time enough for anyone to give to Dragon Age this year. 2015's 2014 GOTY.

"Is Fantasy Life good?" is a fascinating question I ask myself all the time. The short answer is I like it quite a lot. It's definitely too simplistic for a Grown Ass Man but it's great for a Grown Ass Man who is on a bus or who is listening to a podcast or something.

You will know joy for the first time. Going to be a great experience.

I think Jason at Kotaku put it best when he said Fantasy Life is the best to-do list he's ever played.

Xater

I'm gonna have to try Majora's Mask at some point... Never actually played it.

I LOVEEEEDD OoT and I've had MM here for years since I bought that weird Zelda compilation on gamecube that is not supposed to be resold (I think it was a pack in) but the time mechanic always intimidated me. I don't like to be rushed when I play a game lol.

In Europe that disc was a Club Nintendo reward.

Megasoum

Banned
In Europe that disc was a Club Nintendo reward.

That one?

The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Collector's%20Edition.jpg

I didn't even knew that Club Nintendo existed already that far back.

Fjordson

Metal Gear Scanlon is still a hit. I wonder if Dan forces him to play standard instead of inverted the whole series if he will pick up a stutter by the end.
Also, it's interesting to me how Drew seems to prefer first person view as opposed to slinking around corners. I was constantly up against walls and peaking around corners in MGS 1 and 2.

daydream

Banned
I had this disk as part of the Double Dash Gamecube deal. It was my first foray into the Zelda series with ocarina of Time. My whole life changed after playing that disc.

http://www.vinjatvideogames.com/files/3419/products/1159460/mario_kart_double_dash__zelda4.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got this with my Gamecube, as well. Good times.

My first Zelda experience was on the Gameboy.

The GCN Collector's Edition is a miserable way to play Majora's Mask. Audio stutters are one thing, but that shit will also lock up randomly - MM is the last game you want that to happen to.

Sadly, it's the only way I could play MM until the VC version released. That's the ideal way to play MM - at least until MM3D comes out.

Xater

Also, it's interesting to me how Drew seems to prefer first person view as opposed to slinking around corners. I was constantly up against walls and peaking around corners in MGS 1 and 2.

Let's be honest if you play stealth you rarely go into first person. Kinda only used it to shoot tranqs when needed.

Volotaire

The GCN Collector's Edition is a miserable way to play Majora's Mask. Audio stutters are one thing, but that shit will also lock up randomly - MM is the last game you want that to happen to.

Sadly, it's the only way I could play MM until the VC version released. That's the ideal way to play MM - at least until MM3D comes out.

Luckily I didn't experience lockup on my disk, but there were a few audio stutters.

Fjordson

Let's be honest if you play stealth you rarely go into first person. Kinda only used it to shoot tranqs when needed.
True. He tends to get into more combat than I remember getting into myself. Though part of that is probably just getting used to the controls.

Metal Gear Scanlon 2 - Part 02 coming up in 7 hours!
Wow, nice! This is honestly my favourite GB feature in a long time. Probably because it's basically an endurance run (and because Metal Gear is awesome).

Joeku

So this morning I was out drinking martinis with my ex-girlfriend. She could not believe me when I said that Majora's Mask is not only the best Zelda game, but the best game ever made, and insisted that I was a "crazy fucksuck". Instead of ranting about the game I calmly leaned back, sipped from my apple sour, and suggested we play through it together; I can talk her through all the subtext and illuminate the interconnected nature of the world. Show her up what good.

Problem is, I no longer have the game. As an idiot child I sold off my N64 and my MM cart for some dumb bullshit. She owns the Gamecube Master Quest compilation thing, though. Is that version any good, or should I head to my local flea market and see what I can drum up there?

I say this entirely coincidentally, by the way. I arrived home to find the Nintendo livestream having just started and saw a twitter link to the news of the remake. That suggests to me that it is my destiny to make Majora's Mask become legend.

daydream

Banned

Hm, now that you mention it, I do remember OOT locking up on me once. I didn't spend too much time with the compilation, however, since I had played OOT/MM on the N64 and also, I wasn't into 3D Zelda as a kid/teen.

Xater

BTW in case you guys missed it Alex said on Twitter they'll record the Powerbombcast today. Guess so far only the Reigns segment has been done. So who knows when it will drop.

Liamc723

An episode of Metal Gear Scanlon, a WWE 2K15 quick look and Mario Party Party 2 all in one day? Tomorrow is a good day to be a duder.

Top Bottom