• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

santeesioux

Does the Roku GB channel have to buffer a lot for anyone else? I have an older one and it never used to do that, but now it does for every video on the GB channel. I'm thinking about replacing it this black friday if it's just mine that is having this problem because i want to get premium but don't want it to buffer constantly.

Chuck

Still without luck
I love the way alt f1 sounds this week. Wish they did all their podcasts like this tbh. Studio room always returns a pretty sterile sound.

I wonder how much Dan is making out of this Airforce Gater racket he came up with.

Dude seems to be signing a fair number of books and a lot of GB fans seem easily swayed into buying dumb stuff.

If Dan turns out to be the secret person potentially buying WWE I told you so!

sixghost

Patrick will. And unlike Destiny it won't have people who have active issues with it. And my prediction is a combination of "it got me to play a genre I usually don't" and it being generally uncontroversial will sail on.

Or not, and something like Mario Kart 8, which again, generally uncontroversial will get on.

Didn't the general opinion on Divinity turn pretty quickly? I was really into it, then it just started to drag like hell 20 or so hours in. There was some really stupid stuff in that game, like basically forcing you to make certain types of characters as your 2 created characters by making the two companions static.

danm999

Didn't the general opinion on Divinity turn pretty quickly? I was really into it, then it just started to drag like hell 20 or so hours in. There was some really stupid stuff in that game, like basically forcing you to make certain types of characters as your 2 created characters by making the two companions static.

Dunno. I don't think anyone but Patrick played it that far to dislike it. Patrick also kind of liked that difficulty according to his comments on his podcast.

The beginning of the game is the best part. But I don't think opinions turned that drastically against it.

Finally watched the first episode of Sons of Drewberty. I didn't realize how much I missed MGScanlon. So good!

I played mgs2 so many times, but I never knew the Snake's thoughts thing. Crazy!

348373-mario-party-3-nintendo-64-screenshot-betting-who-will-eat.jpg

FEED ME MORE

MGS & MP2 THANK YOU SIR!

justjim89

Great episode of Metal Gear Scanlon. Funny conversation (Oyo?) some surprisingly slick whilst simultaneously clumsy playing by Drew.

Nephrahim

3 eps for the tanker! Called it!

Shame they couldn't get to the meat of the story. Hopefully we don't have to wait that long, but I mean, we've got Mario Party 2 coming too, so I can't complain that much.

Also, it was fun watching Drew get into the gunfights. I'm completely OCD about stealth and holding up everyone, so it'll be fun watching drew occasionally shoot his way out of situations. He might actually use the automatic rifles that I never touch in my runs.

Just read Patrick's Nintendo Direct article and this is a weird comment (though not entirely surprising):
Both Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X sound like prime candidates for games to be delayed much later into 2015, but we'll have to wait and see.
They just keep doubting Nintendo release dates, never learning about their mistakes. Xenoblade obviously isn't coming out any time soon (since it's still just "2015" it means fall/holiday 2015), but I will change my avatar to Patrick's hair if Splatoon isn't out in Q2. Them giving out such a specific timing means the game's almost finished already, because that's how Nintendo works.

That's actually something I'd like Jeff to talk about on a Jar Time, how Nintendo seems to be the only big publisher that still finishes their games before pressing discs. Maybe that's just them being slow in adopting new trends, but it could also indicate a philosophical difference in their approach to game development.
I'd rather have you write into the Bombcast so we can have something interesting instead of "Which console should I keep?"
That's an option, too. It's related to their discussion about day one patches a few Bombcasts ago.

Xater

Just read Patrick's Nintendo Direct article and this is a weird comment (though not entirely surprising):

They just keep doubting Nintendo release dates, never learning about their mistakes. Xenoblade obviously isn't coming out any time soon (since it's still just "2015" it means fall/holiday 2015), but I will change my avatar to Patrick's hair if Splatoon isn't out in Q2. Them giving out such a specific timing means the game's almost finished already, because that's how Nintendo works.

That's actually something I'd like Jeff to talk about on a Jar Time, how Nintendo seems to be the only big publisher that still finishes their games before pressing discs. Maybe that's just them being slow in adopting new trends, but it could also indicate a philosophical difference in their approach to game development.

I'd rather have you write into the Bombcast so we can have something interesting instead of "Which console should I keep?"

Nintendo should stop delaying games in Europe. I don't care about that we get better collectors editions I want the damn game in the same week as the US like what 99% of other companies do.

Keep? They were wrong about Smash brothers, what else? And it's not like Nintendo hasn't been plagued by delays this generation.

Can't give you specific examples but I'm sure I've heard them say similar things before (could be misremembering of course). And I don't think there's been a delay for a Nintendo game this generation after they've specified the release date more precisely than just by a year. Those yearly release dates always seemed random, so I'm not expecting for example Zelda to be released next year (I'd be very happy to be proven wrong).

Xater

Can't give you specific examples but I'm sure I've heard them say similar things before (could be misremembering of course). And I don't think there's been a delay for a Nintendo game this generation after they've specified the release date more precisely than just by a year. Those yearly release dates always seemed random, so I'm not expecting for example Zelda to be released next year (I'd be very happy to be proven wrong).

Pikman 3 got delayed, twice.

the whole "Smash U is 2015, right?!" thing was a weird running trend amongst Bay Area games press that basically only retained any mindshare because they all kept blabbering it at each other

it was never going to come out in 2015, and I don't think I ever saw a single person besides games writer express similar doubts

Yep: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=927208&page=1

I love you he responses I got from Americans that think getting CE junk makes delaying shit for us ok. Who wants that crap?

3DS software is doing well in Europe so i am still surprised that we are getting Pokemon later but maybe the Wii U doing poor in Europe is probably the reason why we get treated last. I want to know what European countries buy Nintendo products more. UK has given up on Nintendo but countries like France Nintendo is doing well in.

Xater

3DS software is doing well in Europe so i am still surprised that we are getting Pokemon later but maybe the Wii U doing poor in Europe is probably the reason why we get treated last. I want to know what European countries buy Nintendo products more. UK has given up on Nintendo but countries like France Nintendo is doing well in.

France and Germany are their best markets I think.

FStop7

Banned
I want you guys to stop and think about this for a moment:

Kojima went to the trouble to have a 10 page review of a fictional book written for MGS2.

Kojima went to the trouble to have a 10 page review of a fictional book written for MGS2.
In all fairness to him, it's probably like 2 regular paperback pages long when read on something that isn't a tv.

But yeah, this is the same man that included over an hour of audio logs in the main menu of ground zeroes. His lack of restraint is both a blessing and a curse.

Myggen

In all fairness to him, it's probably like 2 regular paperback pages long when read on something that isn't a tv.

But yeah, this is the same man that included over an hour of audio logs in the main menu of ground zeroes. His lack of restraint is both a blessing and a curse.

That's what comes with full creative freedom for someone who really do not know when to stop. See also David Cage as maybe the worst example of that.

Indignate

In fairly large text. Couldn't be more than 800 words probably.

Maybe for the time it was, but it doesn't seem that crazy now.

Curufinwe

I'm watching MGS2 episode 1 and Dan is claiming certain moves won't work because the DS3 doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons. Is that right?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'm watching MGS2 episode 1 and Dan is claiming certain moves won't work because the DS3 doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons. Is that right?

No. I haven't watched episode 2 yet for confirmation, but I'm sure Dan is now aware of his mistake because a lot of people said it.

Myggen

Nah, that's just shit writing.

Which can also be argued for in MGS case. :p

What I mean is that those two seem to be able to do pretty much what they want with no one really challenging them. I'm not sure if David Cage's writing can ever be saved, but I've always felt that Kojima would benefit from someone sometimes saying "...is that a good idea?". But maybe the crazy magic that is Kojima wouldn't be the same if he had an editor :p

On a side note, I wonder if Cage will have the same creative freedom on his next game. Seems like Sony just gave him some money to make Beyond: Two Souls with few strings attached. With that game not being a huge success...ah fuck it, he'll find a way to make another David Cage game.

Xater

What I mean is that those two seem to be able to do pretty much what they want with no one really challenging them. I'm not sure if David Cage's writing can ever be saved, but I've always felt that Kojima would benefit from someone sometimes saying "...is that a good idea?". But maybe the crazy magic that is Kojima wouldn't be the same if he had an editor :p

On a side note, I wonder if Cage will have the same creative freedom on his next game. Seems like Sony just gave him some money to make Beyond: Two Souls with few strings attached. With that game not being a huge success...ah fuck it, he'll find a way to make another David Cage game.

Sony is already funding his next game. Also I still believe Beyond Remaster will happen.

Top Bottom