• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

Sony is already funding his next game. Also I still believe Beyond Remaster will happen.

I absolutely hated Heavy Rain and Beyond, but I'll probably still play his new game. Dunno why I keep doing this to myself. Probably because his games are fascinating if nothing else.

I'm part of the problem.

Xater

I absolutely hated Heavy Rain and Beyond, but I'll probably still play his new game. Dunno why I keep doing this to myself. Probably because his games are fascinating if nothing else.

I'm part of the problem.

I thought Heavy Rain was ok, but it also did not make me want to play Beyond so I skipped it.

LeBart

Cage did some OK directing in Beyond. Compared to Heavy Rain, the acting is miles and miles better. This guy could make something great one day if only he would delegate the writing to someone else.

Xater

Cage did some OK directing in Beyond. Compared to Heavy Rain, the acting is miles and miles better. This guy could make something great one day if only he would delegate the writing to someone else.

To sum up Cage's games: The writing isn't good enough to carry the game and the gameplay isn't good enough to compensate for the writing.

Same goes for Nomad Soul and Fahrenheit. Although Fahrenheit started out interesting but then went off the deep end.

LeBart

To sum up Cage's games: The writing isn't good enough to carry the game and the gameplay isn't good enough to compensate for the writing.

Same goes for Nomad Soul and Fahrenheit. Although Fahrenheit started out interesting but then went off the deep end.

Fun fact: in the french version of Fahrenheit, the hero was voiced by the actor who dubs Keanu Reeves in all his movies.
It makes the game that much more hilarious when it turns into a rip-off of The Matrix.

I like Cage's games, if only because they are interesting attempts at something different in the medium. He was smart enough to realize 10+ years ago that there was a market for games that aspired to more than disposable mindless fluff. And he's right; I love the dumb fuckery of Saints Row 4, but I hunger for and appreciate more thoughtful fare like Gone Home or The Stanley Parable or The Longest Journey.

He misses the mark, sometimes quite badly, and needs a different writer, or at least an editor, to reign him in.

But that the medium is finally creating adult games that aren't juvenile titillation with some regularity is amazing to watch.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Fun fact: in the french version of Fahrenheit, the hero was voiced by the actor who dubs Keanu Reeves in all his movies.
It makes the game that much more hilarious when it turns into a rip-off of The Matrix.

I think I dropped the game soon after the main character gained the ability to jump like 50 feet in the air in a cutscene/qte. Unless I'm remembering wrong, the game went real dumb a couple hours in.

WORLD'S GREATEST SOLDIER

xhRkgFR.gif

Curufinwe

I agree with Brad (and Jeff) about new (and old) Chie, but it was kind of odd hearing Brad go to that as a reference given how little he has played P4G.

daydream

Banned
Finally watching UPF and damn, I should probably not visit an arcade in Japan. Persona 4-themed slot machines? Devious!

Dan's segment was hilarious and Mary did a great job talking about Evolve.

Xater

Finally watching UPF and damn, I should probably not visit an arcade in Japan. Persona 4-themed slot machines? Devious!

Dan's segment was hilarious and Mary did a great job talking about Evolve.

I don't really remember slot machines in arcades. Those are usually in different places. Arcades are just arcade games and those UFO machines.

daydream

Banned
I don't really remember slot machines in arcades. Those are usually in different places. Arcades are just arcade games and those UFO machines.

I guess Drew didn't really mention where the slot machine was but in the next slide they were in an arcade playing Mario Kart. Maybe the slot machine was in a bar which, hey, I would have an easier time avoiding those.

Rainmaker

Banned
YO-YO MA, DAN... YO-YO MA.

Also, How dare Jeff Gerstmann not like the most likable and incredible wrestler to ever exist, Daniel Bryan but then like Ryback and Roman damned Reigns. What a guy.

Bacon

Why does Jeff like wrestling?

He likes the poorly written stories but hates the in ring stuff.

That's a good point. There are a lot of mediums with poorly written stories without the wrestling. I don't think he really likes wrestling as a whole all that much anymore though, at least that's the vibe I've gotten from him.

Rapstah

I don't think Jeff watches enough current wrestling to actually have anything to say about the almost seven months old WWE 2k15 roster, but that's probably just because I know too much about both the Yuke's wrestling series and current wrestling as a business.

Kimaka

YO-YO MA, DAN... YO-YO MA.

Also, How dare Jeff Gerstmann not like the most likable and incredible wrestler to ever exist, Daniel Bryan but then like Ryback and Roman damned Reigns. What a guy.

I am currently on that part. Its Yo-Yo Ma guys!!!

Edit: They finally figured it out. Had me yelling at the tv.

Top Bottom