• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

FStop7

Banned
Well the N64 titles don't seem to add all that many new minigames, although having the confusing map in Mario Party 2 made things more interesting. I won't mind if they keep on going, I'd just hope that they would move on to the Gamecube and play Mario Party 4 which I hope would have somewhat different minigames.

But the whole thing is about their interactions with each other, not the game.

justjim89

God damn, 50 turns of Mario Party is a fucking journey. That was incredible. As competitive a game as it could have been. The fucking drama! That might be one of the most compelling, tense, and entertaining videos in the history of Giant Bomb. Even though the Space map is shit and they should have done Horror or Western, still. Good fucking stuff. I can see understand if they wait awhile before the next, that had to be emotionally draining in some capacity.

Good show, guys.

Also, someone needs to send them Dokapon Kingdom because that is the ultimate game for four friends fucking each other over.

Edit: Thanks, Keyser! I nabbed it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thwomp is a real dickwad.

edit: also someone needs to gif the interchanging of panicking ryckert and cool-headed jeff at 1:35.

justjim89

I love Dokapon Kingdom but, as has been said previously, someone would actually die if they played a full game of that :p

Just imagine the drama though! It'd have to be a series of videos, basically an ER, like one every week. Imagine 4 weeks in, probably 9 to 12 hours of game time logged. Drew comes from last place, becomes the Darkling, and begins putting monsters back in EVERYONE'S TOWNS! Plus you have the class and upgrade system and all the deviations of that, a bit of RPG customization. I think it would really be some incredible content for the site.

I just looked on Amazon and the Wii version is like 30 bucks used. Shit. We'd almost be better served seeing if it's in their video library and asking that they play it. Or, if somebody owns it, sending it out for the good of the site.

Dan! If you're reading the thread, y'all need to play Dokapon Kingdom! It's on Wii and PS2. All the drama and betrayal of Mario Party played out over a dozen hours!

Absolutely amazing. I thought nothing could top the original Mario Party Party but.. god DAMN that was some good content. 3 hours of gold. Singlehandedly justified my subscription for this month.

Liamc723

Going back to what people were saying a while ago about people just sending in the junk they don't want to GiantBomb, that computer is kinda the example.

"I know, I'll just give them this PC I'll never use again!"

Xater

Going back to what people were saying a while ago about people just sending in the junk they don't want to GiantBomb, that computer is kinda the example.

"I know, I'll just give them this PC I'll never use again!"

I still found the explanation funny that it would be a hassle to sell. When I need to sell something I just put it up on eBay. Not much hassle except maybe the part where I have to go to the post office. He didn't skip that part though.

popo

Who was the PC meant for? I mean the Patrick one was weird but made sense as he had been crying poor for months about building his own but all the SF guys already gave decent rigs.

popo

I still found the explanation funny that it would be a hassle to sell. When I need to sell something I just put it up on eBay. Not much hassle except maybe the part where I have to go to the post office. He didn't skip that part though.

and the bit where the buyer tries to fuck you afterwards. I am sure there are plenty of local charities that would love a donation like that though. Was it Greg R. that sent it?

Xater

and the bit where the buyer tries to fuck you afterwards. I am sure there are plenty of local charities that would love a donation like that though. Was it Greg R. that sent it?

As a seller I never got fucked over and I have close to a thousand transactions. I don#t know people just seem lazy to me. Guess that's why Gamestop still exists.

Liamc723

Exactly, he could have gone through pretty much the exact same procedure, wait a few days for the auction to end and get money out of it! I mean it's not like the San Francisco office has been calling out for a PC.

Myggen

Excited to watch Mario Party Party 2 when I come home. I spoiled myself on the outcome and watched the ending of the video because I have no self-restraint, but it's gonna be a good time regardless!

Also, if someone can give away a PC worth about $1000, I'm sure they have enough money already. Sure he could've given it to charity, but he wanted to send it in to GB so who am I to judge? They probably don't need it, but who cares, it's just a PC. You guys should see some of the stuff the guys who run the Two Best Friends channel on YT got when they accepted Mailbags :p

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
so i've been listening to the old 2006-7 This Year Collection archives of the Hot Spot and its AMAZING how some of the things Jeff says during its course are things that have been echoed in the later giantbmb years...

like Jeff's story of striking a surfing pose on his bed during an earth quake, he told the same story, almost word for word, on giantbomb a few years later.

Xater

That ending... I wouldn't have blamed Brad if he did actually destroy the cartridge, to be honest.

Connor probably would not have minded either, because it would have been some delicious content.

I do love how everyone hates these games and thinks they are badly design but it still generates amazingly salty moments.

I really didn't expect the Mario Party 2 stream to be as good as the first one, but that was some of the best GB content this year! Then again Brad's screams of anguish can make anything great.

Can somebody explain to me what Denuvo is and why games like GTA V , Fifa & Possibly Dragon Age are using it on PC? Is it just SecuROM?

Xater

Can somebody explain to me what Denuvo is and why games like GTA V , Fifa & Possibly Dragon Age are using it on PC? Is it just SecuROM?

Yeah it seems to be some DRM solution. Lords of the Fallen and FIFA 15 apparently already use it. Apparently it caused crashing problems in Fallen so people are not happy that it might be used by GTA V.

Fireblend

Banned
The Mario Party sessions have to be my favorite GB content by far. I feel like my premium sub is more than justified by those alone. And I missed such a sizable chunk too, since I couldn't sit through the whole thing (had some work to do, I would have otherwise).

Can't wait to rewatch it.

Myggen

Did they start uploading 60fps videos to youtube? The BoI QL looks so smooth.

They've recorded videos at 60 for a few years(?) now and videos on the site have been 60 for just as long. Only difference is that YT finally added the ability to upload videos at 60 :)

Top Bottom