• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

I noticed Robyn posted a photo of the new TV Guide place Vinny/Alex will be going to

PESp00ul.jpg

Don't like to imagine Vinny stuck in a cubical. Hope they get a decent place for themselves.

Fun fact: The King of the Quick Looks is the only QL on the site I haven't watched from beginning to end.

I've no idea why they spent so long with it, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Still, only watch it if you have an intense desire to learn about Elder Scrolls Online. It truly is an endurance run for the fans.

What exactly would warrant "more than just a QL"? There's videos of them playing through all of the content in that collection already on the site. They should fire up Halo 2 and call it a day.
I mean Halo 2 is a full remake, and 3/4 are running at 60 FPS for the first time along with new easter eggs(which they will never come across of course) Along with each game having their own online maps it seems like the kind of game that deserves multiple videos.

daydream

Banned
I mean Halo 2 is a full remake, and 3/4 are running at 60 FPS for the first time along with new easter eggs(which they will never come across of course) Along with each game having their own online maps it seems like the kind of game that deserves multiple videos.

Well, ya got me. I can't tell if you're joking.

I noticed Robyn posted a photo of the new TV Guide place Vinny/Alex will be going to

PESp00ul.jpg

Don't like to imagine Vinny stuck in a cubical. Hope they get a decent place for themselves.

A cubicle farm probably doesn't have a studio anywhere. I imagine there's going to be a janitor's closet on that floor that's going to get a lot greener in the upcoming months

Well, ya got me. I can't tell if you're joking.

when it comes to halo fans, no one does.

So launch each version and play Halo 2 for a bit? Sounds like what they'd do.

Multiple videos for an HD collection is bananas.

So launch each version and play Halo 2 for a bit? Sounds like what they'd do.

Multiple videos for an HD collection is bananas.
I just think it's more than a standard hd collection when one game is rebuilt from the ground up with completely redesigned multiplayer and the others have had major work done as well. At the very least I'd expect a separate quick look for Halo 2

Bacon

I just think it's more than a standard hd collection when one game is rebuilt from the ground up with completely redesigned multiplayer and the others have had major work done as well. At the very least I'd expect a separate quick look for Halo 2

There's one person at the site who cares deeply about halo and he just played a whole bunch of them for 24 hours. There's no way Jeff is going to sit through multiple halo videos.

Vinny called the decline of the plastic musical instrument genre in late 2009, shortly after the release of Beatles rock band and that year's GH and when MTV and Activision were scrapping back and forth childishly about which franchise was on top. "This is going to end poorly for everybody."

With Neversoft done and Harmonix flopping around between one small experimental project to the next, with kinect dead and plastic guitars piled by the handful in your local goodwill store, he nailed how poorly it was going to go for all. I just don't think anyone anticipated how fast that stuff was going to come crashing down.

Patryn

Vinny called the decline of the plastic musical instrument genre in late 2009, shortly after the release of Beatles rock band and that year's GH and when MTV and Activision were scrapping back and forth childishly about which franchise was on top. "This is going to end poorly for everybody."

With Neversoft done and Harmonix flopping around between one small experimental project to the next, with kinect dead and plastic guitars piled by the handful in your local goodwill store, he nailed how poorly it was going to go for all. I just don't think anyone anticipated how fast that stuff was going to come crashing down.

I'd say the collapse was noticable shortly after the announcement of Beatles Rock Band, but before it was released. Actually, I seem to recall the whole thing had been on a decline since Rock Band 1 was released.

I'd say the collapse was noticable shortly after the announcement of Beatles Rock Band, but before it was released. Actually, I seem to recall the whole thing had been on a decline since Rock Band 1 was released.

It was still really hot when Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 came out. There were bars around here that had rock band nights and it seemed like everyone had their own band set.

I noticed the decline shortly after Beatles came out, too. I thought it was going to explode when that it but it came out to less than expected sales instead. After that, it seemed like the whole thing was on the downturn. When vinny said that it was too close to the moment for it to have been obvious, though. And again, no one saw it falling off that hard after that. Even call of duty, which is definitely seeing a year to year decline for the last few years, even it still kills it saleswise.

Curufinwe

Does anyone else think Dan would really enjoy Dragon Ball Z? DBZ is what wrestling tries to be. John Cena is pretty much Goku.

He'd be better off watching Cromartie High School than one of those endlessly drawn out fighting animes. I've said that before, but then I found out he likes Freddie Mercury a lot. So that just reinforced my opinion.

Patryn

It was still really hot when Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 came out. There were bars around here that had rock band nights and it seemed like everyone had their own band set.

I noticed the decline shortly after Beatles came out, too. I thought it was going to explode when that it but it came out to less than expected sales instead. After that, it seemed like the whole thing was on the downturn. When vinny said that it was too close to the moment for it to have been obvious, though. And again, no one saw it falling off that hard after that. Even call of duty, which is definitely seeing a year to year decline for the last few years, even it still kills it saleswise.

I'm basing this off of sales figures. I went to PAX East last year and the head guy of Harmonix gave the keynote, and he threw up a chart showing the various sale levels of their games (no numbers, just a line) and Rock Band was the high water mark. By RB2, it had started to fall.

daydream

Banned
Not sure what you mean. Halo 2 is a full remake that would have been released separately by any other company. Figure it should get special attention.

..which is exactly what I said? They can dedicate their usual 40-60 minutes to Halo 2, briefly fire up the other games to show that they're in there (just like they have done with any other HD collection) and call it a QL. The idea that they would put out a Halo 2 QL and a separate video (or several, lol) for a compilation of old games is ludicrous. Not to mention that there are complete playthroughs of those games on the site. I don't think I need to explain this, honestly.

On a sidenote, the megalomaniac OT for the game is a pain to load up, jeez.

AcridMeat

Banned
Dan has already planned an Akira viewing with Danny, Drew and Ian, so he's on his way to anime town!
I'm genuinely curious what he thinks of it. I watched it for the first time recently and thought it was pretty crazy. Animation is incredible still, but the story is just bizarre.

Wunder

Being an ass is mandatory though.

?? I'm not sure exactly what I'd expect from 'more than just a QL', I would expect a long QL, but not a livestream or on-the-couch stream of them looking through all the features of the MCC and explaining exactly what's in this. I mean let's be honest, this product is for people who love Halo, or for people who want to finally jump into Halo. It is clear in the marketing that you're getting a complete package here, and other than a 1-2 hour QL, I don't know what else I'd expect out of GB.

?? I'm not sure exactly what I'd expect from 'more than just a QL', I would expect a long QL, but not a livestream or on-the-couch stream of them looking through all the features of the MCC and explaining exactly what's in this. I mean let's be honest, this product is for people who love Halo, or for people who want to finally jump into Halo. It is clear in the marketing that you're getting a complete package here, and other than a 1-2 hour QL, I don't know what else I'd expect out of GB.
That's fine, but talking down to me like I'm a child isn't the way to go about it.

daydream

Banned
Well, I regret editing in that line now. It was supposed to be reflective of my struggles to put something I considered obvious into words (obvious, because putting out several QLs for MCC just isn't something I would expect from GB based on my experience with the site). Certainly wasn't intended as a slight of any sort. Apologies.

Well, I regret editing in that line now. It was supposed to be reflective of my struggles to put something I considered obvious into words (obvious, because putting out several QLs for MCC just isn't something I would expect from GB based on my experience with the site). Certainly wasn't intended as a slight of any sort. Apologies.
It's fine, I understand

You're all... getting along?! But this is a Giant Bomb thread! We need perceived slights for that authenic atmosphere.

Don't ruin a good thing.
/s for the slowpokes I gotta catch

Did Alexa make videos for Polygon?

I first exposure to Alexa was a fast paced news recap show she did for Polygon, I think they rotated hosts but the few eps I saw were mostly hosted by her. They were good fun and she did a great job with them, she has an infectious energy that worked really well for that.

Myggen

I first exposure to Alexa was a fast paced news recap show she did for Polygon, I think they rotated hosts but the few eps I saw were mostly hosted by her. They were good fun and she did a great job with them, she has an infectious energy that worked really well for that.

Looking at Youtube, she didn't do much more video than that (some interviews, some video reviews etc.). It's not very surprising though since Polygon itself never did much video. They got into the QL game pretty late, and none of what I saw was very good (I believe they pre-recorded the game and had people react to the recorded footage because they're all spread across the country?). So she was mainly a writer over there. But she's done well on the GB content she's been on, and she can obviously hold her own on video, so she's gonna do fine.

edit: Doesn't seem like they're announcing the hiring on Gamespot itself. But I've never seen them announce either someone leaving or getting hired, so not a big surprise.

Top Bottom