• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

jgminto

does anyone remember the music from the track mania server Jeff used to run? i've been trying to look some of it up on youtube but I only found this one so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOh-vVkxU8g

I'm pretty sure there was some kind of jurrasic park dubstep song too but I can't find it (its easy enough to find jurrsaisc park dubstep but not the one from the track mania server)

Believe by Cher is the only one that matters.

Myggen

Drew's reluctance to put in his birthday doesn't surprise me, he probably doesn't want a deluge of mailbag shit around then

Well, the birthday of everyone else of the GB crew is already out there I think, so unless they're getting a lot of shit in the mail around that time I think Drew's safe!

I dunno man, do the other duders have Dany M?

Good point.

edit: Looking forward to Alex's review of Unity. Looks like a technical clusterfuck on consoles if the impressions coming out from people who have recieved the game are close to true.

Well, the birthday of everyone else of the GB crew is already out there I think, so unless they're getting a lot of shit in the mail around that time I think Drew's safe!

Good point.

edit: Looking forward to Alex's review of Unity. Looks like a technical clusterfuck on consoles if the impressions coming out from people who have recieved the game are close to true.

That is why I chose to buy dragon age instead.

Indignate

Some day Drew will fully understand that the enemy vision cones are their vision cones.

Also, maybe figure out how the check pointing and saving actually works.

Myggen

Vinny needs to upload the Enforcer QL to Youtube to let the Youtube folk take part of the glory that is that QL. Even people in Gamespot's comment section loves that QL!

Patryn

Also, based on that performance thread, I'm guessing we can cross AC off the list for a possible GOTY listing.

Incidentally, I also still hold fast to the fact that, while Dragon Age is getting great reviews, it doesn't have a fucking chance in hell for the list. I suspect Rorie will be negative about it, and I doubt the other guys will put any serious time into it. Its only hope is if Vinny is included.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Also, based on that performance thread, I'm guessing we can cross AC off the list for a possible GOTY listing.

Incidentally, I also still hold fast to the fact that, while Dragon Age is getting great reviews, it doesn't have a fucking chance in hell for the list. I suspect Rorie will be negative about it, and I doubt the other guys will put any serious time into it. Its only hope is if Vinny is included.
And I really doubt Vinny has the time to play the game right now.

Myggen

I don't see why Rorie should be negative about it - if it's a good RPG it sounds like a game he would enjoy. But yeah, that's not the kind of game most of the GB crew enjoys.

It is still funny we got reviews for Dragon Age Today when it comes out next week while Assassins creed reviews come 12+ hours after launch. It clearly shows which company has faith in their products.

hamchan

I don't see why Rorie should be negative about it - if it's a good RPG it sounds like a game he would enjoy. But yeah, that's not the kind of game most of the GB crew enjoys.

I don't know about this guys. The GB crew sure loves their Bioware games and they gave the first Dragon Age the PC GOTY in 2009. Plus Dragon Age 2 got most disappointing game from them when that came out.

It is still funny we got reviews for Dragon Age Today when it comes out next week while Assassins creed reviews come 12+ hours after launch. It clearly shows which company has faith in their products.

eh, Ubisoft always does that. it's more of an indication of how few fucks they give about their customers than it is the actual quality of their games.

Patryn

He tweeted a few negative thing about the game a while back, based on screenshots and video.

It also sounds like it's definitely taking a new path forward that is very Bioware in tone, as opposed to the Baldur's Gate heritage. Rorie strikes me as a very old-school guy.

Also, keep in mind that this is a major release and they gave it to Rorie. Who won't be in the room. Who's to say any of them actually play any of it before the end of the year (or, frankly, ever)?

Plus, I'm just a pessimist in general.

I don't know about this guys. The GB crew sure loves their Bioware games and they gave the first Dragon Age the PC GOTY in 2009. Plus Dragon Age 2 got most disappointing game from them when that came out.

They've never really been PC guys, and they had Dave and Vinny talking it up.

It was also really hard to avoid the atmosphere of total disappointment around Dragon Age 2. Also, again, Vinny.

Patryn

It seems like the website this week has been super slow releasing content. Did I miss the MCC quick look? What about ACU?

ACU is embargoed until 9 a.m. PST, so about 3 hours from when I made this post.

Suspect we'll see that QL today. Also possibly Dragon Age, which had its embargo end at midnight.

Zabka

Youtube doesnt seem to work for me.

When I click a video I get a blackscreen, like it's finished loading.

Anyone lelse?

I've been having that problem since last night on Chrome. Works fine in other programs. Happens on the main youtube page too...might be a plugin.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It seems like the website this week has been super slow releasing content. Did I miss the MCC quick look? What about ACU?
There will probably be DA:I, AC and MCC Quick Looks as soon as the embargos are up.

Gave Super Best Friends a try....didn't make it 20 minutes into their latest podcast. Yeah, too much yelling. Yelling doesn't make things funny.
But it gets you millions of subscribers on youtube.

There will probably be DA:I, AC and MCC Quick Looks as soon as the embargos are up.

But it gets you millions of subscribers on youtube.

This seems to be really true. I've always like the Rooster Teeth podcast, but I really have no clue how anyone can like the Achievement Hunter crap. The yelling and anger just seems so artificial and dumb.

Personality driven gaming sites are like football teams IMO - you can only really support one.

Yeah, I think I'm starting to think this same thing.

Patryn

Gave Super Best Friends a try....didn't make it 20 minutes into their latest podcast. Yeah, too much yelling. Yelling doesn't make things funny.

You made it further than me when I tried one of their videos. About 5 minutes in, the sheer amount of crosstalk just drove me off.

Also, they were trying way too hard to land jokes that were just bad.

DA:I's embargo is up, but I'm going to guess they're filming that today. They probably prioritized the AC and MCC QLs given that they're out, and they also had to podcast yesterday.

Personality driven gaming sites are like football teams IMO - you can only really support one.

eh, i really like idle thumbs though most of their output is through their podcasts. and gamespot has been stepping up their game, but that's kinda cheating.

it's more like enjoying one sport over the other. I can see the appeal to some that they're shouters and louders, but it's not a sport i enjoy. Rather watch something else.

Top Bottom