• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

But it gets you millions of subscribers on youtube.

Super Best Friends "only" have 474k subs on Youtube, but yeah, generally the most popular Let's Players are extremely...loud. Game Grumps, Smosh(lol), PewDiePie, Rooster Teeth all yell a lot, all the time. I guess that's what the kids are into these days, not getting into popular Let's Players was one of the first "I guess this just isn't for me" in my life. From what I've seen of Yogscast, they're generally a but more laid back, but it's difficult to say because they've got like 50 YT channels under that banner now.

Speaking of GS, I hope they step up their game now. Even with Danny as a host I've pretty much given up on The Lobby because of the #hastag feel of the show, and Danny having to carry the show by himself at times. They also need to stop doing QL style videos with just one person. Unless he's playing Pigeon games, not even Danny can pull that off. Please save us, Alexa!

Zaph

I don't like yelling on my podcasts unless it's Ryan Davis or Shane Bettenhausen.

:(

I really miss Ryan's yelling and rants. Half the time I thought he was just plain wrong, but god damn if it wasn't hilarious to listen to.

The difference is that Ryan and Jeff knew when to employ yelling for comedic effect. At the proper time, yelling is hilarious.

But not when it's happening all the goddamn time.

All accurate. Knowing when and how long to go on a tear takes a lot of comedic talent.

Patryn

I really miss Ryan's yelling and rants. Half the time I thought he was just plain wrong, but god damn if it wasn't hilarious to listen to.

The difference is that Ryan and Jeff knew when to employ yelling for comedic effect. At the proper time, yelling is hilarious.

But not when it's happening all the goddamn time.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
welp looks like Assassin's Creed sucks this year
zDaGm1l.png

2014 has to be the most disappointing year since forever

daydream

Banned
Super Best Friends "only" have 474k subs on Youtube, but yeah, generally the most popular Let's Players are extremely...loud. Game Grumps, Smosh(lol), PewDiePie, Rooster Teeth all yell a lot, all the time. I guess that's what the kids are into these days, not getting into popular Let's Players was one of the first "I guess this just isn't for me" in my life. From what I've seen of Yogscast, they're generally a but more laid back, but it's difficult to say because they've got like 50 YT channels under that banner now.

Same. I gave them a fair shake but they're not for me. Too noisy and high-strung for my taste. Genuinely curious how old the SBF fans on GAF are.

From what I've seen of Yogscast, they're generally a but more laid back, but it's difficult to say because they've got like 50 YT channels under that banner now.

I really liked the Yogscast when they started but as they've gotten bigger I found they just seemed to lose something, cant really put my finger on what. Probably things like when you notice all their videos across the board are about half the length now and you realise its to make longer series for more money, things like that. Theres also the inevitable fact that they'll lose the excitement of learning all the stuff about Minecraft whereas now even with new mods, nothing seems new.

Patryn

Same. I gave them a fair shake but they're not for me. Too noisy and high-strung for my taste. Genuinely curious how old the SBF fans on GAF are.

A cynic would ask, based on that thread, whether the fans of SBF are actually fans or whether they just enjoy the community surrounding them.

But I guess they're just enjoying the freedom of Community more than this thread.

Anastasia

I've watched some Super Best Friends stuff with my girlfriend, and it's not my cup of tea. It just gets really tiresome listening to them.

Quentyn

I don't understand why the morning show is scheduled for the usual time and not 90 minutes later. If they do it at the usual time they still will not be able to talk about AC Unity.

Dragon Age is the one I was really hoping for, and that seems to have turned out great.

Plus there's still Far Cry 4 and Persona Q before the year is out. You can still turn this around, 2014.

Alucrid

Banned
A cynic would ask, based on that thread, whether the fans of SBF are actually fans or whether they just enjoy the community surrounding them.

But I guess they're just enjoying the freedom of Community more than this thread.

So it's like the opposite of the GB thread.

Ya'll are terrible.

Patryn

Wow. They really are going to do Scoops and the Wolf this morning, even though despite moving the show to Tuesday, they still can't talk about Unity for another 90 minutes.

Wow. They really are going to do Scoops and the Wolf this morning, even though despite moving the show to Tuesday, they still can't talk about Unity for another 90 minutes.

Patrick just announced they're pushing it back. Guess someone wasn't paying attention to the time.

Patryn

Patrick just announced they're pushing it back. Guess someone wasn't paying attention to the time.

Yeah, I was just basing it off of the fact that they threw the livestream up with the Starting Soon... screen.

Glad they finally realized what's up.

At least the show should be entertaining, given that Alex retweeted this:

You got an hour and 40 minutes to get some microwave popcorn before viewing what greed mixed with systemic management failure looks like.

So you can pretty much bet on 2 stars for it. Unless Alex really goes for the throat and the 1 star.

A mod in the GB chat said that Rorie is 'reviewing' Dragon Age Inquisition. I'd heard he was just taking a look at it. That's awesome.

Also, Jason Schreier told me on twitter that there are no video restrictions that out-lasted the review embargo (nintendo-style), so we should be free and clear for a quick look.

I like that Raiden repeats the information he's told constantly just like Snake did. Seems like an annoying character though.

wait, is this the first time you experience MGS2? Because if it is, oh boy, strap yourself in because MGS2 Raiden and his lovely companion are going to make you want to invest in stress balls.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Metal Gear Scanlon was the first time I ever experienced MGS1 in its entirety.

Between that and MGS4, the whole of Solid Snake is so far and away dumber and more annoying than Raiden ever was.

The less Solid Snake, the better the MGS game. This has been scientifically proven.

Patryn

It's actually beginning to sound like Destiny may have a challenger for most Disappointing Game of the Year.

The review thread for Unity should be epic. LOTS of pissed off journos tweeting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's actually beginning to sound like Destiny may have a challenger for most Disappointing Game of the Year.

The review thread for Unity should be epic. LOTS of pissed off journos tweeting.

Gonna be great after that vehement ubisoft dev write in lol

Anastasia

2015 will not come close to 1998.

2015 will not even be in the top 5 years for game releases.

Yeah well when The Last Guardian comes out in 2015 we'll see about that.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is my guilty pleasure. The multiplayer mod can get pretty crazy at times.

It is an awesome game indeed.

One of my more hyped games of 2015 imo. Hopefully it's got the dark storyline about drugs and crushing loneliness.

I can't wait for Vinny to get his hands on it.

The expectations for a new bungie game along with the epic things they promised doesn't compare to ubisoft's latest AC turd. I stand firmly that destiny will take that award, nothing comes close to it given the build up and expectations.

Patryn

The expectations for a new bungie game along with the epic things they promised doesn't compare to ubisoft's latest AC turd. I stand firmly that destiny will take that award, nothing comes close to it given the build up and expectations.

You're probably right. Just seeing a lot of righteous anger this morning.

Yeah well when The Last Guardian comes out in 2015 we'll see about that.

You can't fool me! That's not actually a game.

Also, it doesn't interest me in the least. Call me soulless.

Top Bottom