• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Dunbar

Wasn't it on a podcast or video fairly recently where Jeff was talking about how a publisher tried to hold GB (or maybe it was back in the Gamespot days) to an embargo that didn't expire until after the game was released, and they wouldn't do it? I could've sworn he said someone was trying to pull that on them, and their response was "If we can go buy the game on store shelves (assuming a regular release and not talking about mom and pop shops breaking street date), it's OK for us to post coverage."

Wasn't it on a podcast or video fairly recently where Jeff was talking about how a publisher tried to hold GB (or maybe it was back in the Gamespot days) to an embargo that didn't expire until after the game was released, and they wouldn't do it? I could've sworn he said someone was trying to pull that on them, and their response was "If we can go buy the game on store shelves (assuming a regular release and not talking about mom and pop shops breaking street date), it's OK for us to post coverage."

This was on last week's podcast, even, wasn't it? And to be clear, Giant Bomb did not agree to the AC Unity embargo. Alex is playing the game now and will post a review when he's ready.

Egg0

Banned
Wonder what GBWest thinks about Unity. I remember Jeff really liking Black Flag. Depending on the quality of Far Cry 4 and The Crew next month, they could do a "Most Disappointing Ubisoft Game of 2014" category.

Dan's expressions during MGS are the best.
35HW3m9.jpg

They should do some episodes of MGS on the main live set and have Jeff or Brad sit in as well since they have some interesting opinions on the MGS games.

ArjanN

They should do some episodes of MGS on the main live set and have Jeff or Brad sit in as well since they have some interesting opinions on the MGS games.

Eh, they've kind of already said how they feel about it. I prefer Dan's enthusiasm, Jeff and Brad seem like they would be downers too much for a playthrough like this.

Just to let you guys know FC4 embargo ends on Friday. Also Kotaku won't accept games which have post release embargoes. I think GB might do the same.

shwimpy

Eh, they've kind of already said how they feel about it. I prefer Dan's enthusiasm, Jeff and Brad seem like they would be downers too much for a playthrough like this.
Brad was just fine when they did the MGS2 trailers video. I wouldn't mind him being there.

Patryn

Have we ever gotten the full story of what happened with Patrick and EGM? I know it was a bad time, but I don't recall what the details were.

Teddified

Ugh, I was looking forward to Unity too. I might just wait a few weeks to play it to see if there is a patch, but I kinda want to pop it in once I get it to see how bad it is.

Have we ever gotten the full story of what happened with Patrick and EGM? I know it was a bad time, but I don't recall what the details were.

He might be under an NDA that doesn't allow him to talk about it. Regardless, send him an email/tumblr message and see if he says anything!

Top Bottom