• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

daydream

Banned
Daydreaming, if I have one request for the GOTY thread it is that you find a good thread title. Giant Bomb GOTY 2014 alone seems so sparse. Hopefully something about how hard it'll be to find 10 games that are better than Destiny.

Hm, challenge accepted!
The chances of 'Destiny' being in the title are probably pretty high, lol.

Volotaire

Daydreaming, if I have one request for the GOTY thread it is that you find a good thread title. Giant Bomb GOTY 2014 alone seems so sparse. Hopefully something about how hard it'll be to find 10 games that are better than Destiny.

edit: Rorie confirmed as fifth chair on next week's Bombcast, mainly to talk about Dragon Age (Brad comment under today's Bombcast).

I've been skipping all over the bombcast. Great. I wish Jason was a permanent fifth chair.

danm999

edit: Rorie confirmed as fifth chair on next week's Bombcast, mainly to talk about Dragon Age (Brad comment under today's Bombcast).

Good news. Rorie knows his RPGs, glad they're using him as a resource, help me decide whether I want to get Inquisition or not.

Holy balls.

61212e0a9497cf799e72db951a860add.png

This terrifies me.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Holy balls.

This terrifies me.

The Ubisoft mo seems to be "Create four different missions/collectibles and then put 500 of them in the game". They did the same with Watch Dogs
I'd much rather have some, you know, fun side stuff instead of doing the same mission over and over again.

Volotaire

Holy balls.

This terrifies me.

Wow...I hope the side missions are more meaningful than the previous games. I heard that missions adapt if you fail the conditions on the mission to a different type of gameplay i.e. eavesdropping to chasing. Could this be listing all the permutations of the possible mission states?

Wow...I hope the side missions are more meaningful than the previous games. I heard that missions adapt if you fail the conditions on the mission to a different type of gameplay i.e. eavesdropping to chasing. Could this be listing all the permutations of the possible mission states?

I don't think so, and I hadn't heard that about this game. They don't seem to be mentioning it in the QL yet either, but I'm only halfway through so far.

Volotaire

I don't think so, and I hadn't heard that about this game. They don't seem to be mentioning it in the QL yet either, but I'm only halfway through so far.

Here's the source

Gameinformer said:
NO MORE AUTO-FAIL MISSIONS! The missions now adapt to what happens when you play and don't follow any script. There will be changes and consequences for how you handle missions, but no longer will you get desynchronized for being spotted.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=124392869#post124392869

Myggen

Even if they do change up like that, it seems strange to have more than one icon for every mission. And from reading reviews, it seems like the side missions are generally pretty standard Assassin's Creed stuff. It's also not like Ubisof hasn't cluttered up the map with meaningless shit in earlier games, and based on how they usually operate it's not surprising that they would just put more shit on the map now.

This game is gonna kill Vinny if he plays it.

Well, Unity certainly is an Assassin's Creed game. The gameplay is so stale at this point. Adding more NPCs and a more open city doesn't do much if it's the same game as every other one.

Kimaka

It's DA2/Mass Effect style dialogue, if you didn't know.

So don't expect Origins level of choice.

That's disappointing. I knew they were keeping the wheel but I hoped that they would have added more than two or three tones this time around and make the choices situational. Still, it is looking much better than I anticipated. I never though I would, but I'm considering buying it shortly after release.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What's the point of having combat in AC anymore?

What's even the point of having stealth in AC anymore?

Unity looks ridiculous.

santeesioux

just signed up for the free crunchyroll trial

THANKS JEFF AND BRAD

Be sure to try Parasyte.

Premium Thanksgiving sale announced on the Bombcast. Some people were wondering about that earlier here.

Cool, i'll be sure to get on that this time. I have all of Metal Gear Scanlon to get caught up on.

There's nothing compared to sexiness of the French accent. It truly is a superpower.

Everyone knows the Oregon accent is the sexiest.

Megasoum

Banned
The AC quicklook is great. Very funny.

"Suuup" haha

Also kinda makes me want to play the game. (on PC)

Also #2. I just finished Sunset Overdrive tonight so when I'm watching Alex play AC I just want him to wall run and grind those rails lol.

AC spoilers I guess.

Anyone else really disappointed with how they ended Desmond's plot line? Honestly I was kinda interested in seeing that go a little further, learning the whole thing behind the Apple and all that, but it was such a flaccid flop.

elfinke

This QL of AssCreedU... looks bad. The crowds of pastel-coloured Wiggle-tribute people, the xbone's appalling contrast and not-so-good framerate... and that fucking hyper-map.

Man, the series looks like it could do with a dose of 'less is more' salts. Trim some (a lot) fat, tidy and reinforce the core parts. I'm still tempted to give the AssCreed 2 series a go, pending a sale on those games, but yeesh.

KingKong

It can't be a good thing that the consoles are already lagging behind PCs a year after release. I hope this isn't the point where multi-platform devs stop improving graphics, physics, AI, etc because of their limitations

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Danny O'Dwyer ‏@dannyodwyer 3m minutes ago San Francisco, CA

AKIRA

Dan Ryckert, Drew Scanlon and Jason Oestreicher

B2NkUxrCIAANvVm.jpg

Must be the part when
Tetsuo's guts fall out

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have played 3 hours of Assassin's Creed Unity.

it's destined (tehe) to win most disappointing game of the year.

Renpatsu

I think I've said this before, but I was 7 years old when I saw my first anime, Akira. The scene with Tetsuo's mutating arm changed me for life.

Top Bottom