• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Danny O'Dwyer ‏@dannyodwyer 3m minutes ago San Francisco, CA

AKIRA

Dan Ryckert, Drew Scanlon and Jason Oestreicher

B2NkUxrCIAANvVm.jpg

Must be the part when
Tetsuo's guts fall out

Vinny grew his hair back!

Kirlia

Banned
I think I've said this before, but I was 7 years old when I saw my first anime, Akira. The scene with Tetsuo's mutating arm changed me for life.

I didn't see it until a few years ago, but the scene
where Kaori gets crushed in Tetsuo's mutating body
scarred me JUST a tad in the head.

I'm reading the manga currently, and enjoying it, although a friend of mine told me that "it's great until it isn't" and that I'll be able to tell when it starts sucking.

Lijik

Are the people you push in AC unity straight up vanishing a common bug, because I skipped to around 21 minutes and noticed that happening a couple of times and neither of them commented on it.

I didn't see it until a few years ago, but the scene
where Kaori gets crushed in Tetsuo's mutating body
scarred me JUST a tad in the head.

When I saw that scene as a kid I actually had to think about what the fuck just happened in that scene (because I was a kid and stupid) and only after a while did I start realizing and freaking out over how fucked it was.

At the risk of this devolving back into anime wars, Dan should watch Redline. It's the kind of stupid fun that he'd enjoy.

I watched Redline with my parents. Even they thought the the song 'Yellow Line' was incredible in its own weird way. There's no way someone can watch Redline and not have that song play in their head at the mere thought of "Oh yeah REDLINE... UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A

So, I spend one day away from the Internet, and all of gaming has blown up it seems. God dammit Ubisoft.

...and I feel I have about 8 hours of GB/GS content to look at too. Two Podcast, Patrick QnA, Bombin, Metal Gear?!, Ass Creed QL.. Might watch The Lobby and Ass Creed Now Playing on GS too. HELP ME.

*starts AltF1*

Kirlia

Banned
When I saw that scene as a kid I actually had to think about what the fuck just happened in that scene (because I was a kid and stupid) and only after a while did I start realizing and freaking out over how fucked it was.

If there's one scene in Akira that I want to know how Dan reacted to, it's that one.

I like how so many people really want dan to like anime.
Dan's favorite games are things like Metal Gear and Bayonetta. If you could distill anime and put it in video game form, those two games are definitely on the list.
So, I spend one day away from the Internet, and all of gaming has blown up it seems. God dammit Ubisoft.

...and I feel I have about 8 hours of GB/GS content to look at too. Two Podcast, Patrick QnA, Bombin, Metal Gear?!, Ass Creed QL.. Might watch The Lobby and Ass Creed Now Playing on GS too. HELP ME.

*starts AltF1*

image.php

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its amazing how uninformed they are about the whole "ubi games on steam" thing. I know I should be used to stuff like that, but sometimes it bothers me more than usual, and this is one of those times

Kirlia

Banned
Anyone else bummed out that we will rarely, if ever get Vinny and Dan in the same room? A magical duo they would be.

Have we ever? If we have, it must have been before Dan joined Giant Bomb. I really want to see them collaborate on something some day!

Turnstyle

Am I going nuts, or was there originally another Binding of Patrick on the schedule for this week? I'm playing through it at the moment, so I was looking forward to seeing Patrick do a few runs.

I watched last weeks once, but I could have sworn there was another video lined up.

Alfredo

Am I going nuts, or was there originally another Binding of Patrick on the schedule for this week? I'm playing through it at the moment, so I was looking forward to seeing Patrick do a few runs.

I watched last weeks once, but I could have sworn there was another video lined up.

There was supposed to be one on Monday, but he ran into technical issues and had to cancel it. You can find the shambles of it on the Giant Bomb twitch archive, but he didn't really get much playing done. Hopefully he'll come back to it soon.

that was supposed to be yesterday (where it would replace the morning show due to that moving so they could talk about to AC: Unity) but he ran into some streaming issues and had to cancel.

pronk420

kind of disappointed they chose to do assassins creed QL on PC and xbone because 'the xbox version runs better' or something. I kind of wanted to see how busted the psbone version is from the ql.

choosing one because it runs better seems like doing a weird and unneccesary favour to ubi soft

Haunted

kind of disappointed they chose to do assassins creed QL on PC and xbone because 'the xbox version runs better' or something. I kind of wanted to see how busted the psbone version is from the ql.

choosing one because it runs better seems like doing a weird and unneccesary favour to ubi soft
More like a favour to themselves. The game's already bad and you want them to play the worst version, to boot? :p

Also, since Ubi and MS seemed to have some sort of marketing deal going on, I suppose the XB1 version is the one that was sent out to outlets.

edit: actually, now I wonder. If GB gets review copies, surely that's sent to the SF offices not NY.

Top Bottom