• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Patryn

Seems more like a "not for me" reaction from Jeff.

I don't think he seriously dislikes the game, but he seems to be much more negative than I recall him being about The Last of Us. I've bounced around, but between him opening up right away saying that he has not cared for what he's played/seen, and combine that will a hint of disdain when he talks with Rorie about the stats and the ease of the combat, I feel like he's got a very negative tone about the game.

I combine this with the fact that I doubt the game will have a champion in the room.

Then again, I'm reading into tone so I could just be a crazy person.

LeBart

jeff didn't like TLOU yet it took GOTY last year. Not to say that Dragon Age has a chance, just that jeff isn't going to get in the way of the consensus.

and lets never forget how much he loved Saints Row 3 yet Brad got his crappy Skyrim win and no one walked away happy.

It's been 3 years. Get over it.

derFeef

jeff didn't like TLOU yet it took GOTY last year. Not to say that Dragon Age has a chance, just that jeff isn't going to get in the way of the consensus.

and lets never forget how much he loved Saints Row 3 yet Brad got his crappy Skyrim win and no one walked away happy.

And I am still sour AC got the most surprising award over KI (that got shafted quickly).
AC!!!

But it's all going to be better this year, right.

KingKong

I don't think he seriously dislikes the game, but he seems to be much more negative than I recall him being about The Last of Us. I've bounced around, but between him opening up right away saying that he has not cared for what he's played/seen, and combine that will a hint of disdain when he talks with Rorie about the stats and the ease of the combat, I feel like he's got a very negative tone about the game.

that sounds like Jeff on every quick look in the last few years

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Isn't orlais meant to be like fantasy france? That at least gives a good reason for the french accents

Kelas

Little bit of pop in with some characters

XmcEyUl.gif

Yes. Also, the French accent thing isn't new. It's been used for Orlais since Origins.

Yeah. That's what I remember it from.

I'm surprised that scoops and the wolf liked To The Moon. I thought it was amateurishly written and felt no sympathy for the protagonist and no empathy throughout the whole thing.

I felt more emotion in the first 30 minutes of TLOU than in all of TTM so it's not like im some sort of sociopath, before anyone jumps at me for that haha.

Renpatsu

I'm surprised that scoops and the wolf liked To The Moon. I thought it was amateurishly written and felt no sympathy for the protagonist and no empathy throughout the whole thing.

I felt more emotion in the first 30 minutes of TLOU than in all of TTM so it's not like im some sort of sociopath, before anyone jumps at me for that haha.
You just failed the sociopath test.

Edit: Also it sorta was written by an amateur in a very literal sense.

It really was. I can't comprehend what is going on in the minds of the people who have expressed having an emotional reaction to it.

there's some argument to be had that if something hits the right emotional triggers for some people, then actual skill or proficiency in the medium is an afterthought.

I've had the same argument recently regarding Hans Zimmer, who I think is the biggest hack fraud in film music out there. But, if he can gather a bunch of people in a room, tell them to play a D-flat as loud as they can, and slap that over some dramatic scene, as long as it elicits some kind of reaction, then it's mission accomplished. Who cares if he has no compositional talent.

To the people that it doesn't hit with, it's frustrating.

Kelas

I don't see the big issue jeff has with the movement speed in dragon age. It looks about right to me.

Myggen

I liked To the Moon.

I don't see the big issue jeff has with the movement speed in dragon age. It looks about right to me.

I agree with him that it seems a bit slow, but I really hope the mounts are faster than the one Rorie had. That was a Skyrim level slow mount. I like to be able to get around in my open world games without having to fast travel all the time.

Man I'm hyped for Dragon Age. Can easily see it being my GOTY.

Wunder

I liked To the Moon.

I agree with him that it seems a bit slow, but I really hope the mounts are faster than the one Rorie had. That was a Skyrim level slow mount. I like to be able to get around in my open world games without having to fast travel all the time.

Man I'm hyped for Dragon Age. Can easily see it being my GOTY.

let's talk about our romance options myg

Wario64 ‏@Wario64 38s39 seconds ago
During its first 24 hours on sale, [Valkyrie Chronicles] blew all forecasts and predictions out of the water.“ - Sega

"Nobody was really asking for Sega to port Valkyria Chronicles to PC" - Klipklop

Xater

"Nobody was really asking for Sega to port Valkyria Chronicles to PC" - Klipklop

Yeah about that....

Glad the game is doing well though. Wouldn't it be amazing if somehow this would make Sega develop PC ports of the PSP games? I would totally buy those. Missed out on them because well they were on the PSP and only released in Japan.

Renpatsu

Watching AC:U QL, and...wtf. Why does it get so dark when Alex switches from the PC to the XB1? It's almost unwatchable.
That's the XBO crushed blacks you're noticing.

Edit: Generally speaking it is a XBO issue, but is caused in all manner of devices by incorrectly calibrating the visual settings.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It seems like it's an issue with their setup (in addition to xbone). Their NBA Live 15 QL was way too dark, but other people said the colors were fine once properly setup.

Top Bottom