• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

kiyomi

Watching this Unity QL and I really can't wait for the day when they decide to up the bit rate on their HD videos. It's clearly a very pretty game, but I really wish the video wasn't quite so compressed to shreds.

ubistockt8s9s.png

Here's what Unity is costing Ubi.

fuzzyset

Watching this Unity QL and I really can't wait for the day when they decide to up the bit rate on their HD videos. It's clearly a very pretty game, but I really wish the video wasn't quite so compressed to shreds.

I might be crazy, but it seems like the GBEast videos are more compressed than the GBWest videos.

Zaph

"Nobody was really asking for Sega to port Valkyria Chronicles to PC" - Klipklop

Feel good story of the day.

How insane would it be if western "AAA" publishers continue to abandon Steam in favour of first-party DD, paving the way for Japanese studios to fill the vacuum and just clean up.

I have it on Blu-Ray, actually.

I know your secret Dan. I know your secret...
You're actually pretty darn smart. You just like simple things and for whatever reason don't know a lot of "common knowledge" stuff. You really show off your critical thinking skills in the Talos Principle QL.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
You're actually pretty darn smart. You just like simple things and for whatever reason don't know a lot of "common knowledge" stuff. You really show off your critical thinking skills in the Talos Principle QL.

I think you're onto something...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Other than Dragon Ball/Z, I never really got into anime either. Im sure there are good stories there but something was always off putting about it . I remember trying to watch some of the other shows on Toonami and i just couldnt get through it.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I can totally see how Metal Gear Solid is anime-inspired. There were several lines that sounded like they could come straight from Snake. One was like "My job isn't to believe or not to believe. It's to act or not act."

It's OK to like some anime without being an anime nerd going on and on about waifus and various other Japanese words (still no idea what tsundere means).

It's OK to like some anime without being an anime nerd going on and on about waifus and various other Japanese words (still no idea what tsundere means).

it's ok to like as much as you want, as long as you're not a creepy awkward weirdo about it.

Dragonball represents everything wrong with anime except for the creepy obsession with little girls.

obviously you haven't watched Dragonball (not Z)

I can totally see how Metal Gear Solid is anime-inspired. There were several lines that sounded like they could come straight from Snake. One was like "My job isn't to believe or not to believe. It's to act or not act."

But that's not really inherent to anime. That line could very well have been uttered by any Hollywood action hero, like James Bond.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan should do a Bombastica on Mario Sunshine.

Brad and Jeff sharing an opinion on a Mario game is proof enough that it's the wrong opinion, but the people need to know.

so what you're saying is that Dan is a shonen protagonist

The real test for Dan is to watch something with moe in it. Girls and Panzer is what got me watching anime and I think its just absurd enough that Dan wouldn't immediately be turned off of it.

Dan should do a Bombastica on Mario Sunshine.

Brad and Jeff sharing an opinion on a Mario game is proof enough that it's the wrong opinion, but the people need to know.

Jeff's opinions on Zelda might be totally off base, but he knows what's up with Mario. SMW is the peak, and Sunshine is this golden glistening turd of unneeded mechanics meshed with absurd difficult spikes that makes you wonder if nintendo brought in their sloppy drunken late night janitors to help make that game. The gamecube remains the only platform in nintendo's history where a luigi game was better than the main mario game released for it.

brad also shouldn't have an opinion on 3d mario games until he finishes the galaxy games. dude aint got the credentials to back his opinion up.

Top Bottom