• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

So when is the Unfinished video for Halo: MCC coming up?

I am only half joking :(. Seems like they could Quick Look show the state it is in now and Campaign, and then do the official QL with Multiplayer whenever they get it working

This QL is making me sad :(

B2RJDgsIgAAPzNZ.jpg

Patryn

So when is the Unfinished video for Halo: MCC coming up?

I am only half joking :(. Seems like they could Quick Look show the state it is in now and Campaign, and then do the official QL with Multiplayer whenever they get it working

Jeff has indicated that all he's really interested in for the QL is the MP, so they're waiting for that to be fixed.

I feel like somebody other than Jeff should have done the DA quick look. Like Brad.

Yeah, I agree.

Hell, I would have been curious to see what would happen if Dan was riding shotgun. Besides Rorie murdering him, obviously.

Egg0

Banned
The DA:I quicklook was weird all around. Jeff clearly has no interest in DA and while Rorie says he has been enjoying Inquisition quite a bit at the top of the video, he mostly talks about his gripes with it. If i remember right, the positives he talks about is the characters and that it's "generally written well."

Jokab

The DA:I quicklook was weird all around. Jeff clearly has no interest in DA and while Rorie says he has been enjoying Inquisition quite a bit at the top of the video, he mostly talks about his gripes with it. If i remember right, the positives he talks about is the characters and that it's "generally written well."

Yeah I have no idea why they put Jeff on that. I suppose no one else was available? He has literally zero interest in the game and as we all know, that makes a terrible quick look passenger seat.

I thought Sunshine was a great game. The pinball section was a little janky to say the least, but overall it was a lot of fun, and certainly isn't the worst entry in the Mario series.

I feel like Drew would have been good on that QL, or even Brad. I think it would have been better as a GBeast QL though.

renf

Neo Member
Yeah I have no idea why they put Jeff on that. I suppose no one else was available? He has literally zero interest in the game and as we all know, that makes a terrible quick look passenger seat.

"The combat is basically terrible and the movement speed sucks... How has that been?"

Objection your honor, leading the witness!

All of the videos look terrible recently, even the PC version of Unity before they switched over to the Xbox One. Beast used to have good bit rate :/

Still, nothing compared to the giant compression blocks of Dragon Age/

Quentyn

Yeah, the DA quick look wasn't all that great. Jeff seemed like he was bored from minute 1 and was only waiting for it to be over. Brad would have been a better choice.

SummitAve

Banned
Yeah, the DA quick look wasn't all that great. Jeff seemed like he was bored from minute 1 and was only waiting for it to be over. Brad would have been a better choice.

I didn't quite have the same impressions, but generally I don't think it's the type of game that makes for a good quick look.

Patryn

DA is an RPG from an RPG heritage. It's not a genre that the San Fran office is really interested in. So it's getting the perfunctory amount of coverage AAA titles get, but it's not really going to get much more. I mean the fact that they farmed it out to Rorie says a lot about how they view the game, doesn't it?

Expecting a lot of effort is kind of silly. It's the downside to personality-based coverage. Genres those personalities don't really care for get overlooked.

I mean the fact that they farmed it out to Rorie says a lot about how they view the game, doesn't it?

Expecting a lot of effort is kind of silly. It's the downside to personality-based coverage. Genres those personalities don't really care for get overlooked.
That's why it's such a bummer that both Dave and Vinny are now gone. Left such a massive hole in their coverage and hiring Dan who has nearly identical taste didn't help things at all. Random PC game was such a great feature, and it was nice to have people with wider interests at the site.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's why it's such a bummer that both Dave and Vinny are now gone. Left such a massive hole in their coverage and hiring Dan who has nearly identical taste didn't help things at all. Random PC game was such a great feature, and it was nice to have people with wider interests at the site.

Jason has wider interests. I do agree with the Dan hiring being real 'oh we've got another guy who covers the same games that are already covered.'

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Here is Dave's review

https://twitter.com/enemykite/status/532620519636353024
Dave Snider ‏@enemykite
Pretty much explains my thoughts on modern EA RPGs and why I don’t enjoy them.
Image%202014-11-12%20at%2011.44.52%20AM.png

Hanzou

And Patrick as well. He goes out of his way to play some weird games. Drew plays the odd different game but for the other three it's the exact same games almost.

Kimaka

DA is an RPG from an RPG heritage. It's not a genre that the San Fran office is really interested in. So it's getting the perfunctory amount of coverage AAA titles get, but it's not really going to get much more. I mean the fact that they farmed it out to Rorie says a lot about how they view the game, doesn't it?

This is when I feel the absence of Vinny more so than usual. He and Rorie's tastes align to mine the most and, with Rorie not being a regular quick looker or on the podcast, those games aren't going to be talked about in depth and get little coverage.

Dragon Age looks good and is reviewing well.

But you know what other Bioware game looked good and reviewed well? Mass Effect 3

CRPG for me live or die by their story and characters. That is why I find it hard to trust reviews on them. I can't know if I will enjoy the writing without seeing it length myself. Each person has varying tolerances for different character tropes or cliches. What they like, I might hate and vice versa.

Top Bottom