• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

mass effect 3 was a mediocre game that struggled and gasped to decency in its middle act before collapsing into incompetence for the entirety of the third act

Mass effect 3 was a good game.

Mass Effect 2 was terrible.

dixfpx4.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I won't defend ME3 (even though I thought it was pretty good) but ME2 is great.

It's a mediocre boring cover shooter with poorly written characters and no plot. Terrible is a stretch; it's a terrible sequel to Mass Effect, but a perfectly competent middling game in its own right.

strafer

mass effect is a terrible series filled with bad voice acting, stiff animations, bad controls, hilarous writing.

Only decent part is the music.

They need to really amp the next ME to get me interested.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

You've managed to post the one redeeming factor for the game. Unfortunately, Mass Effect 2 was not "Mordin Solus ices these other jackasses including the new awful Shepard and leaves to start his own adventures with zero waist-high walls to tell you the talky bits are over"

You've managed to post the one redeeming factor for the game. Unfortunately, Mass Effect 2 was not "Mordin Solus ices these other jackasses including the new awful Shepard and leaves to start his own adventures with zero waist-high walls to tell you the talky bits are over"

That's pretty much what I want from a future Mass Effect game: A Salarian STG team rolling around the galaxy doing awesome covert wetwork shit.

KingKong

I can't imagine why anyone would want to suffer through 50-100 hours of Bioware quality writing and gameplay

Just wait for Witcher 3 if you want an RPG

sjack

Banned
Terrible is a stretch; it's a terrible sequel to Mass Effect, but a perfectly competent middling game in its own right.

Mass Effect 2 destroys every single facet of what Mass Effect 1 did. Mass Effect either had characters that were dull or you absolutely hated. The "exploration" segments in the first game were just bunch of empty fields with different colour palettes copied and pasted about a dozen times. The only real exception was the moon mission. While not everyone in your crew is amazing in the sequel (e.g.Miranda, Jacob, Samara), they were all still infinitely more interesting than the ones in the first game (save for Garrus and Tali who were brought back for the sequel). Mass Effect 1 purists always boggle me at how hard they wear their rose tinted glasses when comparing it to the second game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mass Effect destroys every single facet of what Mass Effect 2 did. Mass Effect 2 either had characters that were dull or you absolutely hated, with the sole exception being Mordin. The "exploration" segments in the second game were ruined by the clear distinction between combat and story sections, which were seemless in the first. The missions themselves were dull and the combat was made far less interesting with the neutered powers. The only real exception was the suicide mission which was handled very well and gave some interesting results to boring decisions made earlier. While not everyone in your crew is amazing in the original, they were all still infinitely more interesting than the ones in the sequel (including Garrus and Tali who were ruined in the sequel).

Well, that pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Here is my very important opinion of Mass Effect 2:
-Average, standard gameplay without much depth
-A completly boring and uninteresting story with a ridiculous conclusion that has no further impact for the ME universe
-Some fantastic side missions
-Some great characters
-Some not-so-great Characters
-Not many interesting places to explore

It was average at best. The whole ME franchise is average. The first one is the best but feels kinda unplayable nowadays with so much wasted potential and boring planetary exploration stuff. And the third one combines the weaknesses of the first and second

sixghost

I would really like to know what information developers are going off which says that people don't care about stories unless you are saving the world/universe and you are the chosen one. Everything to do with the main story in ME2 was trash and the best 5 or 10 parts of that game were all peripheral stuff from the crew's loyalty missions. Bioware has their head up their ass if they don't make a Mass Effect game that focuses on the personal stories of a crew rather than more space jesus junk.

Kirlia

Banned
Sorry I screwed that up, there was one name at the start of the credits and then the rest near the end.

Either way, it's bad. Only one person testing would explain a lot, but around a dozen...that just raises all sorts of questions about the quality testing.

Also, I REALLY want a QL of this game. Preferably with either Dan or Vinny. Or Drew, since he worked as a game tester one summer, right?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Either way, it's bad. Only one person testing would explain a lot, but around a dozen...that just raises all sorts of questions about the quality testing.

Also, I REALLY want a QL of this game. Preferably with either Dan or Vinny. Or Drew, since he worked as a game tester one summer, right?
Eh they can get the best testers and have them go for weeks and record all the errors.

Doesn't mean they have the time or money to fix any of them.

Top Bottom