• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Regardless of whether you (or Patrick) care about the story in Borderlands. Making a comment like that is a real unnecessarily shitty way to put down people who do have an interest in it.

For someone who thinks himself progressive and inclusive, Patrick can quite often be more close minded than he should in the dumbest places.

Regardless of whether you (or Patrick) care about the story in Borderlands. Making a comment like that is a real unnecessarily shitty way to put down people who do have an interest in it.

For someone who thinks himself progressive and inclusive, Patrick can quite often be more close minded than he should in the dumbest places.
That's something i can get behind. Lately, he's confusing slighting his readers with being cleverly snarky. You can be the latter without doing the former.

Too bad Danny didn't sit in on the AC Rogue QL. Would've really like to have known how the Irish accents in the actual game score on the O'dwyometer (the most trusted rating system of Irish accents in games).

tchocky

Too bad Danny didn't sit in on the AC Rogue QL. Would've really like to have known how the Irish accents in the actual game score on the O'dwyometer (the most trusted rating system of Irish accents in games).

Well here he is on twitter after the trailer was released in august.

What the fuck is going on with that Irish accent on the fella in Assassin's Creed Rogue? I mean...Jaysus.

dunno if this full thing got posted in here or not, but it deserves another viewing anyway

tumblr_neuwqr7MVq1rvq52no1_500.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It is brutal. Liam sounds a bit better, haven't watched the rest though.

Does Rogue actually just use the exact same shanties as Black Flag? They didnt rerecord them with different singers? Hopefully they have a few new ones at least.

I wonder if Rouge is as "fun" as 4 though. The templar stuff seems like its trying to be a bit grim dark and I liked Black Flag because was such such a fun thing.

The modern day stuff was silly and clever, the pirate stuff was swash bucking fun and it ending on a real nice note. (compared to previous AC games that ending with a clusterfuck)

I am interested in it but I kind of feel like Black Flag was a end point for me and the AC franchise. Seems like the over arching story stuff I was interested in is never going to get a payoff and the Assassin stuff is a hit or miss depending on the year.

Myggen

Jeff's quote during the Assassin's Creed Rogue QL when they discover that the game has microtransactions:

"Oh cool, time savers. I'm tired of playing this game but maybe if I could play less of this game by giving you more money... "

So I tried to listen to the Idle Thumbs podcast based on that Q&A, and I'm not terribly pleased with it based on the latest episode. Does someone more familiar with that podcast know an episode I should start on to get the feel for this group?

So I tried to listen to the Idle Thumbs podcast based on that Q&A, and I'm not terribly pleased with it based on the latest episode. Does someone more familiar with that podcast know an episode I should start on to get the feel for this group?

honestly, start from the beginning. The podcast is fantastic but it's pretty full of in jokes and call backs to older episodes. They kinda find their groove around episode 3, and it's mostly smooth sailing from there.

Also, their older stuff is like barely an hour long, if even that. you can catch up reasonably fast compared to the average +2 hour bombcast.

finally, if you follow my advice, you'll want to buy a copy of Far Cry 2. You've been warned.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Depends on what you're after. I'd say start from the beginning really. The current idle thumbs aren't for people who have a general interest in games.

demidar

Start from the beginning. Idle Thumbs is great.

sixghost

Episodes 1-63 are extremely funny with great video game discussion but you'll feel completely lost if you don't start from episode 1 and work your way through. The episodes after that cut out the in jokes and are more serious in general. The new episodes also don't really talk about AAA games as none of them are in the video game press anymore; it's lots of talk about indie games and design in general.

Thanks for the suggestions! I was mostly annoyed by the one person who had seen games being talked over by the other two and a twenty minute discussion on the name/premise of Project STEAM.

Also the fact that they didn't know what Lion was from.

wasn't alex going to do a The Wolf Among Us review once the newgen versions came out? I know he said that he would give it 3 stars (a bit lower than what i would give it) but i'm still interested in his in-depth opinion on the game.

wasn't alex going to do a The Wolf Among Us review once the newgen versions came out? I know he said that he would give it 3 stars (a bit lower than what i would give it) but i'm still interested in his in-depth opinion on the game.

The Wolf Among Us was great. It had a really good story with a nice mystery. I really hope we get a new season soon.

You are a good guy kvk1

Die hard 3 best movie in series.

The crazy thing is Die Hard With A Vengeance was not meant to be a Die Hard movie. It was originally a movie called Simon Says. It was basically the same plot except there was no John McClane and Simon was not
Hans Gruber's brother
This movie is based on a script written by Jonathan Hensleigh originally titled Simon Says, which was originally conceived as a Brandon Lee action film, then later considered for use as the fourth installment of the Lethal Weapon series. The first half of Die Hard with a Vengeance is almost identical to Simon Says; the robbery was added to bring the story in line with other Die Hard films. The original plan was to have the villains burgle the Metropolitan Museum of Art, an idea not used here, but which appears in John McTiernan's film The Thomas Crown Affair.

A similar thing happened with Live Free of Die Hard. It was actually based on a 1997 article called "A Farewell to Arms" written for Wired magazine by John Carlinabout on the dangers of techno-terroism.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wow I thought it'd get a 3

E: Amazing insight for the top of the page

I've never really understood when people complain about being able to overpower yourself in sandbox games. In Blood Money you can bring along a shotgun and a heavy duty machine gun and just blow your way through the missions without issue but where's the fun in that?

I'm still at the beginning of the game so we'll see how I feel as I progress. Some of the positive reviews mention that it's a return to the assassination based nature of the first game with more sandbox elements which is far more exciting to me than any of the Black Flag's nonsense which people seem to love so much. The latter has the worst quests in the series, tiny bland islands, the same architecture issues 3 had, and so on. Although to be fair I was enjoying it somewhat, still just bummed Uplay corrupted my save :p

Top Bottom