• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

It's good, played it at Gamescom, but it's also jsut more of the same without any real innovation. The only new thing is the dumb supernatural stuff.

Yeah, I figured as much. More of the same is okay with me since I loved the gameplay in Farcry 3. Not so much the story, but whatever.

And I'm not sure if the tiger stuff is a spoiler. It's been in the marketing, and it's even part of the description for the QL and the thumbnail :)

Xater

thanks for the spoiler

What spoiler? The parts with the bow and tiger has been part of the marketing since forever. I don#t know if it's really supernatural. Might just be fever dreams or whatever. I didn't get too much context. Didn't care much for that part though.

Yeah, I figured as much. More of the same is okay with me since I loved the gameplay in Farcry 3. Not so much the story, but whatever.

I also really liked Far Cry 3 bust just more of the same rarely gets me excited to go out and buy something. It's totally off my to buy list. Maybe on sale or should ir appear on PS+ at some point in the future.

Oh right the bait mechanic is also new but kinda inconsequential.

Myggen

I also really liked Far Cry 3 bust just more of the same rarely gets me excited to go out and buy something. It's totally off my to buy list. Maybe on sale or should ir appear on PS+ at some point in the future.

Oh right the bait mechanic is also new but kinda inconsequential.

I'm sure I'll burn out on "more of the same" after this game, but right now I'm okay with an improved version of FarCry 3. That's assuming it's actually improved. The story looks dumb as shit though, which isn't a big surprise.

Xater

I'm sure I'll burn out on "more of the same" after this game, but right now I'm okay with an improved version of FarCry 3. That's assuming it's actually improved. The story looks dumb as shit though, which isn't a big surprise.

Oh I'm not saying I wouldn't still have fun with it, but I just can't see myself going out to get it full price. I wish Ubi homogenization wasn't so prevalent, it would really benefit the games.

It is a pretty game though. Also seems to perform well. Still pretty much just FC3 with more stuff.

Xater

You know what really bothers me about FC4? That the main character seems to be disgusted every time he skins an animal. You'd think he would be over that after a couple dozen times. I mean I got over dissecting animals real quick.

You know what really bothers me about FC4? That the main character seems to be disgusted every time he skins an animal. You'd think he would be over that after a couple dozen times. I mean I got over dissecting animals real quick.

He should just be like John Marston who does not give a fuck about skinning animals.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

If you were forced to skin some animals by a madman who controls your every movement I bet you'd be disgusted too.

What I'm saying is that FC4 is the most meta game of the year.

Xater

If you were forced to skin some animals by a madman who controls your every movement I bet you'd be disgusted too.

What I'm saying is that FC4 is the most meta game of the year.

One could argue that was my experience at uni with the professor telling me to get the brain out of that shark head.

Xater

My chances of winning the bet drastically go up.

Also I am getting all DA , GTA and FC4 next week. My wallet.

I might have gotten FC4 if it wasn't for Smash also coming out the week after. Gotta get at least one Amiibo as well so I can at least test out that feature.

As someone who didn't play Far Cry 3, I'm pretty surprised at just how much time you spend hunting random wild animals. Is that representative of what the game is actually like?

Xater

As someone who didn't play Far Cry 3, I'm pretty surprised at just how much time you spend hunting random wild animals. Is that representative of what the game is actually like?

You need the materials to upgrade your equipment and this time around they added even more animals to hunt. So yeah you will do that quite a lot, but once the upgrading is doe. You can ignore them. In FC3 I got all the upgrades out of the way and could then just concentrate on the fun stuff. I specifically say it this way because yeah I didn't think the hunting was much fun.

So my bet is with daydreaming that Bayo 2 will not be in the top 5. I am hoping the rest of the crew likes FC4 as well.

Tharp also has a bet that Sunset overdrive will be in the top 5 and Bayo 2 will not.

Ahh we don't get those deals in the UK :(

ah that stinks, yeah I'm getting FC4 for free with a 970 and got DAI for PC via mexican origin so I've luckily minimized my game costs this month lol

KingKong

all this uplay points shit right in the menu is so awful

how are they even fine with a 60 dollar game having a cute little thing like painted elephants cost 20 uplay points

Patryn

So my bet is with daydreaming that Bayo 2 will not be in the top 5. I am hoping the rest of the crew likes FC4 as well.

Tharp also has a bet that Sunset overdrive will be in the top 5 and Bayo 2 will not.

Yeah, I think you're looking in good shape.

I predict the top 5 will be:

1. Shadow of Mordor
2. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
3. Wolfenstein
4. Far Cry 4
5. Sunset Overdrive

Xater

all this uplay points shit right in the menu is so awful

how are they even fine with a 60 dollar game having a cute little thing like painted elephants cost 20 uplay points

Uh you earn Uplay points by just playing the game. Has been a thing for years now. It's just a way for Ubi o get you into their system.

Yeah, I think you're looking in good shape.

The way I see it, 4 of the top 5 will be Shadow of Mordor, Wolfenstein, Sunset Overdrive and Far Cry 4.

Wolfenstein will not make top 5. I really don#t know what gives you guys that idea.

10. Transistor
9. Jazzpunk
8. South Park
7. Dark Souls II
6. Sunset Overdrive
5. Shovel Knight
4. Bayonetta 2
3. Far Cry 4
2. Dragon Age Inquisition
1. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

This is my design.

Patryn

Wolfenstein will not make top 5. I really don#t know what gives you guys that idea.

Multiple people on the team have played and liked it. In a thin year for that happening, I think it's likely, moreso than something like Bayo 2 where only Dan has played it.

10. Transistor
9. Jazzpunk
8. South Park
7. Dark Souls II
6. Sunset Overdrive
5. Shovel Knight
4. Bayonetta 2
3. Far Cry 4
2. Dragon Age Inquisition
1. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

This is my design.

I assume this is your predicted top 10, and not GB's. Because there is no fucking way Dragon Age sniffs the top 5 games. I still hold there's no fucking chance it gets top 10.

I also don't see Dark Souls 2 getting anything, given that I don't think any of them even finished it.

Coldman shout out on Bombin' the AM! (~12:35)

Heh. I love whenever a game gets a British voiceover usually, especially when it's not medievil fantasy bollocks (basically I play Shulk in Smash 4 purely for his voiceover), but the British VA in Unity is baaaaaad, and really fucking tired.

You do France, you fucking do France.

LegoArmo

I thought the beeping on the helicopter was an altitude warning, not gas. Am I wrong?

Also, I couldn't stop laughing at
Jeff grenade-ing then molotov-ing that bear at the end, as they just talked casually over it.

Are quick look spoilers a thing?

I assume this is your predicted top 10, and not GB's. Because there is no fucking way Dragon Age sniffs the top 5 games. I still hold there's no fucking chance it gets top 10.

I also don't see Dark Souls 2 getting anything, given that I don't think any of them even finished it.
It's pure conjecture on my part but I think the hype for that game will get Brad, Patrick, and maybe Vinny to play it, and I figure they'll like it enough to push it high on the list.

MG310

It's been so long that I thought Drew was going to right way too. I thought there was an impassable bridge that forces you to go counter-clockwise around Shell 1 for some reason.

LegoArmo

It's been so long that I thought Drew was going to right way too. I thought there was an impassable bridge that forces you to go counter-clockwise around Shell 1 for some reason.

I think it's natural if you've played a lot of games at this point to think the most obvious path will be blocked.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I thought the beeping on the helicopter was an altitude warning, not gas. Am I wrong?

Jeff grenade-ing then molotov-ing that bear at the end, as they just talked casually over it.

Kinda. On some games, they'll start halfway through, especially on puzzle/adventure games - or at least games that have a slow start.

kinda don't care what wins goty, just want to see/hear the desperate struggle of one bradley shoemaker when he fends off the wolves who are trying to make destiny the most disappointed game of 2014

Patrick finally admitted the petition might have influenced the PC release of Valkyria Chronicles. :lol

Now I need to come up with a new thread title.

Zaph

Weird. The Rorie DA:I video has over a thousand views in less than 24hrs. Usually new uploads to Unarchived get around a couple hundred in the first day.

I guess this is why all those Let's Players are so desperate to rush out their videos - newly released games just attract views.

kinda don't care what wins goty, just want to see/hear the desperate struggle of one bradley shoemaker when he fends off the wolves who are trying to make destiny the most disappointed game of 2014

This will be either the greatest entertainment or the worst.

I'll take a bet that Destiny doesn't make top five, because I hope the rest of the crew are level headed on that game.

Meanwhile I need to get ready for how the Sonic Boom quicklook will go.

i still stand by what i said during the MGS1 playthrough: if they're going to take this much time off between episodes, have drew do 5-10 VR missions before getting back into the campaign to warm him up to the game.

Xanathus

Yeah I don't think that the helicopter was running out of fuel, it ran basically forever when AngryJoe was playing it. I think it just automatically dies out if you ascend too high because there's an altitude limit to prevent you from going out of the map and access some areas.

Top Bottom