• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

strafer

List of games you should play in order of priority:

• Sonic 3 & Knuckles; it's on Steam, via a serviceable Backbone port. Look up "Sonic 3 Complete" for the best possible experience. Easily a Top 10 of all time platformer.
  • Sonic CD; Steam, XBLA 360, PS3N, iOS, Android. Really fucking good graphics and music, but with some seriously bizarre level design. You'll love it or hate it, still worth a play.
  • Sonic Generations; easily the best 3D Sonic. The 3D sections are the perfect true speed run game and the 2D parts manage to at least invoke classic Sonic in a fun way despite not being wholly accurate. It's on 360 and PS3, but Steam version with gorgeous 60FPS and the amazing Project Unleashed mod is the way to go.
  • Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed; forms one third of the Karting Trinity, with Mario Kart 8 and Crash Team Racing. Controls like a dream, fantastic level design and the fan service is on point. PS3, 360, Vita and Wii U, but the Steam version has 60FPS and Football Manager, Company of Heroes, Total War and Team Fortress characters, plus Ryo Hazuki as DLC.
  • Sonic After The Sequel, aka the best fan-game ever. Must-play. It's free, of course, and PC only.

Thanks!

will check out

a list of sonic games that doesn't include sonic 2 at the top of it is a fraudulent list and should be thrown into the same pile that sonic has been rotting in for about a decade.

i know he/she has played it already but it still belongs up there because there isn't such a thing as too much sonic 2

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
List of games you should play in order of priority:

• Sonic 3 & Knuckles; it's on Steam, via a serviceable Backbone port. Look up "Sonic 3 Complete" for the best possible experience. Easily a Top 10 of all time platformer.
  • Sonic CD; Steam, XBLA 360, PS3N, iOS, Android. Really fucking good graphics and music, but with some seriously bizarre level design. You'll love it or hate it, still worth a play.
  • Sonic Generations; easily the best 3D Sonic. The 3D sections are the perfect true speed run game and the 2D parts manage to at least invoke classic Sonic in a fun way despite not being wholly accurate. It's on 360 and PS3, but Steam version with gorgeous 60FPS and the amazing Project Unleashed mod is the way to go.
  • Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed; forms one third of the Karting Trinity, with Mario Kart 8 and Crash Team Racing. Controls like a dream, fantastic level design and the fan service is on point. PS3, 360, Vita and Wii U, but the Steam version has 60FPS and Football Manager, Company of Heroes, Total War and Team Fortress characters, plus Ryo Hazuki as DLC.
  • Sonic After The Sequel, aka the best fan-game ever. Must-play. It's free, of course, and PC only.

Thats pretty much the definitive post Sonic 2 list. I dont like Sonic CD personally but the rest of that stuff is great

Jeff's reaction to the framerate meltdown, ahaha

a list of sonic games that doesn't include sonic 2 at the top of it is a fraudulent list and should be thrown into the same pile that sonic has been rotting in for about a decade.

i know he/she has played it already but it still belongs up there because there isn't such a thing as too much sonic 2

I mean, yeah, Sonic 2 is also a damn good game. The iOS version of that is sublime, touch controls and all. It even has a new level.

i liked sonic adventure 2

Me too! Just not for any reasons related to the part where you actually play it.

what who

I have not agreed to any bet, yet

best Sonic game is Knuckles Chaotix

image.php

chickening out i see

I like that Metal Sonic is EXACTLY THE SAME as the "usual" Metal Sonic (Transformed racer, Smash Bros. trophy, Sonic 4-2 etc). Like, they just straight-up lifted the model.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
the best is you can see the other hammer fly off when it cuts

and its still in her hands

two hammers on screen at once

Well at least it flies out of her hands super naturally. The attention to detail really shines through. I hear Sonic Boom started out life as MGS6.

all i remember from sonic adventure 2 is getting chased by a semi (why?), shadow the hedgehog, and that the knuckles stages were made even worse in SA2 than they were in SA1 as the emerald radar only picked up on emerald at a time.

Top Bottom