• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

3d world was good, but not GOTY good. the level designs cater to the 4 player coop too much, making it a weirdly untight game if you're playing it by yourself. still, it's better than sunshine.

DippjWL.jpg

Anyone know what this applies to? or is it just a hangover over from the whiskey media days?

Alex has played Bayonetta 2, anyway, so hopefully the rest of the crew figure out that's a thing they should play instead of, say, confirming Unity sucks or whatever.

DLC of the Year, though. MK8 or TLOU? I bet it's a close call, to be honest.

Alex has played Bayonetta 2, anyway, so hopefully the rest of the crew figure out that's a thing they should play instead of, say, confirming Unity sucks or whatever.

More people would have played the TLOU DLC to be honest.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

No way. Isn't Dan the only one who actually played Mario Kart? And he loved TLOU DLC. No chance in hell.
Here is my bet: No Nintendo/WiiU game will win anything unless they create a "Character action game sequel of the year" award.

Anyone know what this applies to? or is it just a hangover over from the whiskey media days?

Key is for accessing content on apps and stuff, I think. Just an FYI comic vine is still with GB, in case you didn't know.

I have 2 discount coupons laying about for the stores, one is from last year and one from this year anyone wants? I can't use it since they don't ship international or to India specifically.

I don't get why Jeff would have such an issue with Elfroot in DA:I when Farcry 4 essentially requires you to pick up plants and hunt shitty animals to get through it.

popo

It is weird that there is a pause before each codec call. I remember people complaining about it when that HD collection came out.

I remember when Jeff got fired from GameSpot the staff put out a video of some of the best moments of Jeff, kinda like he had died or something. It didn't help that at the start of said video everyone was together in a room with sad faces... He didn't die but it sure seemed like he did.

Unfortunately I can't find the video :(

yeah I remember that one, pretty awkward.

Patryn

I don't get why Jeff would have such an issue with Elfroot in DA:I when Farcry 4 essentially requires you to pick up plants and hunt shitty animals to get through it.

Jeff is more inclined to like FPSes. He's not a huge fan of fantasy, as well, as I recall. It sounded like he had a negative impression of the game to start with, and he's not really inclined to change that impression, so I can see him focusing on the flaws of DA a lot more. Whereas with Far Cry 4, he likes the game so the bad stuff kind of washes over him.

I doubt he even realized how the two are similar.

Personal bias. It's what Giant Bomb is built on.

Oh my. An hour of Jeff talking about a Sonic game. I'm gonna need a brunch martini or eight this Friday morning...

You're going to need something way, way stronger.

By the way, anyone who finds the VOs annoying in this run, imagine the fun that speedrunner had when he broke the game with infinite jumps and passed through multiple loading zones.

Aaron

Wow, when's the last time a Sonic game has been this bad? Even 2006 was better than this. I think Sonic Heroes might have been better than this.

I haven't played a sonic game since sonic the hedgehog 2

List of games you should play in order of priority:

• Sonic 3 & Knuckles; it's on Steam, via a serviceable Backbone port. Look up "Sonic 3 Complete" for the best possible experience. Easily a Top 10 of all time platformer.
  • Sonic CD; Steam, XBLA 360, PS3N, iOS, Android. Really fucking good graphics and music, but with some seriously bizarre level design. You'll love it or hate it, still worth a play.
  • Sonic Generations; easily the best 3D Sonic. The 3D sections are the perfect true speed run game and the 2D parts manage to at least invoke classic Sonic in a fun way despite not being wholly accurate. It's on 360 and PS3, but Steam version with gorgeous 60FPS and the amazing Project Unleashed mod is the way to go.
  • Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed; forms one third of the Karting Trinity, with Mario Kart 8 and Crash Team Racing. Controls like a dream, fantastic level design and the fan service is on point. PS3, 360, Vita and Wii U, but the Steam version has 60FPS and Football Manager, Company of Heroes, Total War and Team Fortress characters, plus Ryo Hazuki as DLC.
  • Sonic After The Sequel, aka the best fan-game ever. Must-play. It's free, of course, and PC only.

Top Bottom