• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Totally deserves the 5 stars. Just started playing it yesterday and it's just a very solid game. Gameplay just feels fantastic and I can see people copying the new gameplay systems in the game for years to come.

Its just way too fun to play. It's a great fucking game.

Moaradin

Metal Gear Scanlon is my favorite series since the P4 Endurance Run. I hope they play every main MGS game right up to MGS5 and have both Dan and Drew go into it blind.

ReaperXL7

Ok so I have been catching up on a lot of the podcasts, videos and content from the beginning as I only just started digging into this Giant Bomb thing. The one thing I will say is that Patrick is easily the person on the crew that I dislike the most, I disagree with him on so many things and he often just comes off as a stuck up corporate apologist.

I like pretty much everyone else in the group though lots of great chemistry between these guys makes for lots of great entertainment.

Ok so I have been catching up on a lot of the podcasts, videos and content from the beginning as I only just started digging into this Giant Bomb thing. The one thing I will say is that Patrick is easily the person on the crew that I dislike the most, I disagree with him on so many things and he often just comes off as a stuck up corporate apologist.

I like pretty much everyone else in the group though lots of great chemistry between these guys makes for lots of great entertainment.

What do you think makes him a Corporate Apologist ?

I hope that Mordor makes AssCreed feel outdated just to make Ubisoft care more about the franchise issues.

It's less that it's outdated but more that they've just been making small iterative changes since Brotherhood. Not only that, but things that are updates in one game don't seem to make the jump to the next, kinda like what happens with the COD games.

For example, Revelations had a couple things going for it that never made it back into the series. Like, when you're playing a story mission where you are walking with an ally to a location, you can make it so your character just auto-follows the ally, so you can sit back and just listen to the story instead of being annoyed about having to hold Up on the joystick and walk slowly with them. That never made it into 3/4 and i thought it was actually a good way of handling that.

Also, Revelations had some amazing uncharted-like platforming sections that were the real highlight of that game. Stuff like that never made it into 3/4, and that sucks because those scenes were really epic and added a lot to you feeling like a badass. Meh.

Zaph

Metal Gear Scanlon is my favorite series since the P4 Endurance Run. I hope they play every main MGS game right up to MGS5 and have both Dan and Drew go into it blind.

That would be the ideal, but I highly doubt GB would endurance run a newly released game - especially if it's going behind the paywall.

Xater

It's less that it's outdated but more that they've just been making small iterative changes since Brotherhood. Not only that, but things that are updates in one game don't seem to make the jump to the next, kinda like what happens with the COD games.

For example, Revelations had a couple things going for it that never made it back into the series. Like, when you're playing a story mission where you are walking with an ally to a location, you can make it so your character just auto-follows the ally, so you can sit back and just listen to the story instead of being annoyed about having to hold Up on the joystick and walk slowly with them. That never made it into 3/4 and i thought it was actually a good way of handling that.

Also, Revelations had some amazing uncharted-like platforming sections that were the real highlight of that game. Stuff like that never made it into 3/4, and that sucks because those scenes were really epic and added a lot to you feeling like a badass. Meh.

That's the problem of having a yearly franchise in which dozens of studios are involved. I have reached my threshold with games like this. I play them for a couple of iterations and then I just give up because not enough is changing anymore. I'd rather check out some new franchises because I like new things.

ReaperXL7

What do you think makes him a Corporate Apologist ?

Just some of the conversations I have heard him have with other members of the crew or responses to emails.

Stuff like him saying that issues with stuff like early access are exaggerated when there have been numerous examples of developers abusing it.

Maybe corporate apologist is too strong but he definitely comes off as the kind of person that lays all responsibility on the consumer.

Curufinwe

I guess we'll get a P4 Arena Ultimax QL next week. Probably Jeff and Dan.

I found this illustration in the comments of the QL EX they did for the first game.

1784075-jeff_chie.jpg

Xater

Also I miss them playing Pathfinder. It would be cool if they did that again as well, but if Dan gets them to play some cool board games instead I am for that as well. Modern board games are amazing, so many interesting mechanics many of which some video games can learn a lot from.

Dan if I can suggest a board game for you to play with the duders it would be Cash 'n Guns Second Edition. It's basically Mexican standoff the game. You even get some foam guns to point at each other: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155362/cah-n-guns-second-edition

Jintor

I found this illustration in the comments of the QL EX they did for the first game.

1784075-jeff_chie.jpg

oh my god.

Week after week I can't believe Dan Rycart exists as a person and has survived to the age he has. Amazing.

Myggen

Most likely Jeff and Jason, I'd say. Jason said on Twitter that he'd hopefully be on the QL when someone asked a few days ago.

edit: Here's the quote, when someone asked if he was gonna sit in on the QL of P4U:

Bet on it. I've had it for a bit, but haven't been able to put any time into it. Focusing on it the rest of the week.

Yeah, even the hardcore gave up on GT6 because of the lack of news/support. The game also launched with a glitch that let people buy all the cars they wanted on launch. lol
They've pretty consistently put out patches adding new content and modes, although some stuff like that weird 3D course maker still aren't in. It did launch with more content than any other racing game out there though. Outside from the car count it has 37 tracks, most of which have either dynamic weather or day/night cycles. Forza 5 on the other hand has 14, lol.

Still, even with the impression some have of it coming out and disappearing it still sold more than every Forza game. Track glitch was great though, got around 300 of the cars I really wanted, which was fair to me given how much time I put into GT5. Their comment about not allowing data transfer because hackers would mess things up was mute when they broke the game within a week

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They've pretty consistently put out patches, although some stuff like that weird 3D course maker still aren't in. It did launch with more content than any other racing game out there though. Outside from the car count it has 37 tracks, most of which have either dynamic weather or day/night cycles. Forza 5 on the other hand has 14, lol.

Still, even with the impression some have of it coming out and disappearing it still sold more than every Forza game. Track glitch was great though, got around 300 of the cars I really wanted, which was fair to me given how much time I put into GT5. Their comment about not allowing data transfer because hackers would mess things up was mute when they broke the game within a week

I will say, I prefer GT6 to Forza 5. But even looking at the GAF community for GT6, you can see how everyone has sort of turned on the game in that thread.

Which I guess is still better than Forza 5, since no one talks about that game at all beyond the liveries nowadays.

I will say, I prefer GT6 to Forza 5. But even looking at the GAF community for GT6, you can see how everyone has sort of turned on the game in that thread.

Which I guess is still better than Forza 5, since no one talks about that game at all beyond the liveries nowadays.
It's more that the game has been out for nearly a year at this point, so everyone has had their fun and things like the sound are still the issue they've always been.

If nothing else PD's unparalleled post-launch support should be commended. They constantly add new content, improve old features, and so on until the next game comes out.

Top Bottom