• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

daydream

Banned
That is one hairy ass shoe.

tumblr_n15gzuk69F1t030mqo1_250.gif

Im on holiday so have probably missed the reason for this. Is there a reason the latest demo derby is t there anymore? Or am I going nuts. I downloaded it and it's on my iPad, but can't find it now on the site

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Im on holiday so have probably missed the reason for this. Is there a reason the latest demo derby is t there anymore? Or am I going nuts. I downloaded it and it's on my iPad, but can't find it now on the site

It was originally flagged as free for everybody over the weekend, it might have disappeared and came back immediately as a premium video on Monday.

I just checked on Downcast and there are two Steve Austin Shows, one is unleashed and the other is not, they've both been updated in the last week. Which one is the real one?

Springy

Just some of the conversations I have heard him have with other members of the crew or responses to emails.

Stuff like him saying that issues with stuff like early access are exaggerated when there have been numerous examples of developers abusing it.

Maybe corporate apologist is too strong but he definitely comes off as the kind of person that lays all responsibility on the consumer.

I think apologist is strong, but I've been going through the Bombcast back catalog of late and, yeah, when there's issues between a company and its consumers, it's usually Patrick either defending the company's actions or trying to rationalise its motives while Jeff takes the opposing side.

Wish I could cite a specific example, but I've listened to so many over the last few months at work that it has all become a glorious mush of loquacity.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

Zaph

Eek... I need to be careful for 7 more hours.

jqhNfaQ.png

No random GB content this evening :/

I wouldn't wish bandwidth allowances on my worst enemy.

Stay strong.

I think apologist is strong, but I've been going through the Bombcast back catalog of late and, yeah, when there's issues between a company and its consumers, it's usually Patrick either defending the company's actions or trying to rationalise its motives while Jeff takes the opposing side.

Wish I could cite a specific example, but I've listened to so many over the last few months at work that it has all become a glorious mush of loquacity.

I wouldn't say it's a regular thing, but yeah - just listen to last weeks' Bombin. Alex goes in on DF for squandering backer good will while Patrick mitigates by claiming DF is one of the most open developers (which even if true, doesn't really negate the Spacebase bullshit).

He defiantly seems to gravitate towards devs (especially if they're smaller studios) rather than the consumer when these things arise. But you know, with everything that has gone on over the last year, not sure I can blame him.

Jeff is more prone to rationalize company actions.

Patrick mostly gives context in a very jaded way.

Depends of the issue, thought. For better or worse, GB is less corporate apologetic after Ryan passing and XboxDRM removal.

Xater

So I take it I should just start with the Unleashed one?

If you want to. It's really not a huge difference. He and his guests just cuss on the unleashed one. I listen to both because it's not the same content.

That Schrödinger's Cat game looks terrible. Almost fell asleep during it.

fuzzyset

Jeff is more prone to rationalize company actions.

Jeff is more of a realist in my mind. He acknowledges, at least implicitly, that in a world where COD generates a billion dollars in a week and preorder / DLC packs sell for a bazillion, what else can you expect (regarding corporate behavior)? He says a lot of stuff bothers him but seems to want no active part is changing it. Which, I guess, seems to rationalize decisions.

Ryan seemed pissed off by what he perceived as the hypocrisy of people hating the Xbone DRM but liking Steam. When people explained the difference to him, he wrote it off as corporate hate.

He usually wasn't like that but I think he had this weird soft spot for Microsoft after the 360.

Jeff is more of a realist in my mind. He acknowledges, at least implicitly, that in a world where COD generates a billion dollars in a week and preorder / DLC packs sell for a bazillion, what else can you expect (regarding corporate behavior)? He says a lot of stuff bothers him but seems to want no active part is changing it. Which, I guess, seems to rationalize decisions.

That is also the impression that Patrick games most of the time. Maybe I just confused Jeff rationalization with being jaded. Jeff is pretty good in analizing and predicting the industry and video game media next moves so I can agree that he is grounded in reality...

RE_Player

Scoops calling out MS when the whole Rise of the Tomb Raider saga happened was pretty good.
He didn't call them out for the sake of the business deal though he was just frustrated that the language they gave him implied the game was exclusive forever so he reported it that way. Later on he had to write another story as a correction once Microsoft finally revealed it was a timed exclusive.

inky

I think it's time for me to re-watch (and finally complete) the Brad/Ryan Deadly Premonition Endurance run. At the time I couldn't follow both and Brad, well, how to put this delicately?... :p Brad made me want to stab my face when he kept forgetting things like being able to shoot crates, even though he'd done it before.

Only recently upon stumbling across some videos of the game I realize I never got Ryan's opinion on the final developments, and I would very much like to correct that now.

sixghost

Ryan seemed pissed off by what he perceived as the hypocrisy of people hating the Xbone DRM but liking Steam. When people explained the difference to him, he wrote it off as corporate hate.

He usually wasn't like that but I think he had this weird soft spot for Microsoft after the 360.

It always seemed like Ryan would try to take the position of being above the internet outrage regardless of the actual issue, which meant taking the side of massive corporations pretty often. Most of the time he came off as very level headed because of it, but when the internet's frustration was actually justified, like the pre-change Xbox one, he didn't look very good.

The period from the Xbone reveal to the "clarification" about the always-online stuff was pretty fucking embarrassing for Giant Bomb. It wasn't a comfortable time.

I can see that also the whole Sonytoo thing probably didn't help them either.

i think the third party publishers were really pushing it to Sony. Whatever is the truth of "they didn't even consider it" or "Sonytoo" is clear some of the big games of this year are Online Only (thought is funny that the end reception is lukewarm critically)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
He didn't call them out for the sake of the business deal though he was just frustrated that the language they gave him implied the game was exclusive forever so he reported it that way. Later on he had to write another story as a correction once Microsoft finally revealed it was a timed exclusive.
He also published that while everybody else was questioning the exclusivity. I think they even had a discussion on the Bombcast later where the tone was pretty much "of course it's not exclusive".

Top Bottom