• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

I finally finished Tales of Vesperia... 60 Hours and a Lvl 72 team.

Now to get back to looking at people play video games for a while.(I think I have 10 hours of unwatched GB)

Then onto Arkham City - my 360 backlog is neverending. HELP

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jeff being paranoid about birds in the Far Cry 4 QL and
Brad freaking the HELL out when they were subsequently attacked by an eagle
was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time. :D
/QUOTE]

is there a timestamp on that, aprox?

daydream

Banned
Whenever I see Sega Bass Fishing, I can't not think about how - contrary to every other video game ever - the main thing you do is way more complicated than if you tried to do it in real life.

Xater

The newest Demo Derby makes me want to play Daytona 2 and Sega Rally 2. I love these two games so much. I wish Sega would put these out as a remaster or something. Daytona 2 never got a home release and Sega Rally 2 shouldn't be to hard to port because I think a PC version even exists.

The way Metal Gear Ray is animated in the series is so god damn anime. There must be an easily accessed intimidating roar button on the console. I picture it being the horn in the middle of the steering wheel.

Myggen

The HD? The RSS feed through iTunes was good when I saw a bit of it earlier.

Oh? I just saw a lot of people saying it in the comment section (and here) and experienced it myself watching it on the site, so I assumed all versions were like that. Did you watch the Sonic part? That's the only part that's like that.

Far Cry 4 looks so fucking boring. People celebrate the end of the collectathon platformer, but it is clearly alive and well in the Ubisoft open-world game. I was going to say Far Cry 4 is just Donkey Kong 64 with guns, but "his coconut gun can fire in spurts."

Myggen

Far Cry 4 looks so fucking boring. People celebrate the end of the collectathon platformer, but it is clearly alive and well in the Ubisoft open-world game. I was going to say Far Cry 4 is just Donkey Kong 64 with guns, but "his coconut gun can fire in spurts."

I guess it comes down to if you like the gameplay or not. I loved Far Cry 3, and I didn't really like the story and don't care about collectables in any game. I'm okay with a very similar game as a sequel one time, but not if Far Cry 5 is like that. Donkey Kong 64 was always terrible, so that's why I didn't care for that game.

Dany

Banned
It feels like more of the same. The towers, the homestead from AC3. Sure it looks gorgeous and has a lot of inspiration behind it, especially the dream sequence. But it still looks boring. Dunno.

I think the only games for me this fall is dragon age, gta v and captain toad.

Far Cry 3 clicked with a lot of people, me included, because the mechanics were really satisfying. It was a stupid, stupid game, but it's hard to argue that driving a 4x4 off a cliff, wingsuiting over an encampment, and firebombing everything that moves isn't satisfying in some way. There were just a bunch of times where you felt like you were pulling off insane unscripted action movie shit and that's awesome. If FC4 brings more of that, I'm fully on board.

Doesn't mean it's new or fresh, but sometimes there's something to be said about doing something familiar really well.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
FC3 was fun liberating the camps. You could take multiple entrances and use different tactics. That's why Blood Dragon was such a letdown. All of the camps were enclosed, so it really limited how to attack them. It was filled with the usual Ubloat, but hunting down the rare animals seemed fun.

paul187

Just saw this post. Thanks for this. I hope you keep updating it, this is really useful for me now. GB puts out so much content now and I'm always behind so it's great to have a nice reference. Thanks again duder.

Myggen

Just saw this post. Thanks for this. I hope you keep updating it, this is really useful for me now. GB puts out so much content now and I'm always behind so it's great to have a nice reference. Thanks again duder.

Thanks. I'm gonna keep updating it for sure. Just added three of the videos from Daydreaming's suggestions.

I guess it comes down to if you like the gameplay or not. I loved Far Cry 3, and I didn't really like the story and don't care about collectables in any game. I'm okay with a very similar game as a sequel one time, but not if Far Cry 5 is like that. Donkey Kong 64 was always terrible, so that's why I didn't care for that game.

I just ducked in the grass and shot everyone with the bow for ten hours. The game never encouraged me to try something new or punished me for relying on one tactic. It always worked. Generally, I hate when people complain about games being repetitive while simultaneously refusing to put in the effort to try different tactics, so I'll have to be a hypocrite on this one. The stealth was too easy and the combat was just left trigger, right trigger forever, so I stopped playing because it was all boring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The chain killing shit in Far Cry is so completely busted. Any 'stealth' mode of a game that still lets you get a kill off when an enemy is staring RIGHT AT YOU is a failed implementation of stealth.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, despite all these FC3 hate I just bought the far cry bundle on stream. FC4 looks really fun to me settings wise so I'll just see if I like the gameplay of the far cry series.

Plus when it comes to open world games I can tolerate bad gameplay if I like the setting enough, like skyrim and saints row 3.

Myggen

Alright, in for a year.

Will it recur at the same price or will it be based on the price of this time next year?

It will be based on the price of this time next year. If you don't want an automatic renewal you can cancel the subscription now. You'll still of course get the full year, but it won't renew. But if you like being a sub there'll be another sale before this time next year that you can jump on to extend the sub anyway.

Well, despite all these FC3 hate I just bought the far cry bundle on stream. FC4 looks really fun to me settings wise so I'll just see if I like the gameplay of the far cry series.

Plus when it comes to open world games I can tolerate bad gameplay if I like the setting enough, like skyrim and saints row 3.

IIRC most of the Far Cry 3 hate came from that garbage story it vomited out people liked the gameplay

Jintor

What's the first Demo Derby?

Also if someone's up for a long-term project they should compile the best of UPF because searching that stuff for 'moments' is a pretty big hassle!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really didn't expect demo derby to be as prolific as it turned out to be.

It becoming one of my favourite features is really surprising. It's just fun to learn about those eras of gaming that I wasn't there for.

Myggen

I really didn't expect demo derby to be as prolific as it turned out to be.

It becoming one of my favourite features is really surprising. It's just fun to learn about those eras of gaming that I wasn't there for.

It's a brilliant idea for a feature that I'm surprised to see no one has really done before, at least to my knowledge. There's the element of surprise, that neither the people playing nor the audience know what to expect (the first Playstation Underground disc they did was insanely ambitious for a demo disc), and there will always be a lot to discuss and react to. Demo discs are also a thing of the past now, so there's the nostalgia factor for a concept a lot of us grew up with.

Top Bottom