• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Haunted

With Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Rogue, there's a serious case of deja vu in Ubi's fall lineup this year.

I really don't get all the hate about the FC3 story... Sure it was dumb but whatever.. It was innofensive and forgetable. Not sure why people are still shit talkin it 2 years later.
Having some of the least likable protagonists in gaming along with
killing off the only interesting character halfway through
probably did their part... and then you had that ludicrous RPS interview with the writer that certainly didn't help. >_>

Megasoum

Banned
Having some of the least likable protagonists in gaming along with
killing off the only interesting character halfway through
probably did their part... and then you had that ludicrous RPS interview with the writer that certainly didn't help. >_>

I guess I don't get easily offended then.

Was Assassin's Creed Brotherhood the first game to feature climbing towers to unlock the map for that region? I've always referred to those kinds of missions as Borgia Towers in my head ever since that game. It really feels like Ubisoft has done nothing at all to their formula since Brotherhood.

hamchan

Was Assassin's Creed Brotherhood the first game to feature climbing towers to unlock the map for that region? I've always referred to those kinds of missions as Borgia Towers in my head ever since that game. It really feels like Ubisoft has done nothing at all to their formula since Brotherhood.

Pretty sure we've been doing the climbing tower stuff since the first Assassin's Creed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The very first game had that.

Megasoum

Banned

We synchronize at the top of towers since the first game but there was "Borgia Towers" starting in 2 (I think) that did something else... Like to control a region or something. Can't remember exactly.

Edit: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Borgia_Towers

Also, I always thought it was funny that the AC Wiki was written from the point of view that Ezio was a real historical person and Desmond was the fiction character....

Like even the Wiki is "in character" haha.

I dont think i ever skipped a segment on a Friday show until drew started doing these iPhone game crap.

Not even drew can save crappy freemium games.

And yes I've tried both and uninstalled the same day

It's a brilliant idea for a feature that I'm surprised to see no one has really done before, at least to my knowledge. There's the element of surprise, that neither the people playing nor the audience know what to expect (the first Playstation Underground disc they did was insanely ambitious for a demo disc), and there will always be a lot to discuss and react to. Demo discs are also a thing of the past now, so there's the nostalgia factor for a concept a lot of us grew up with.

Its also a great and cheap(free) way to do the retro game coverage people have been asking them for for a long time. They can pop into 15 minutes of a random game and put it away. Just enough time to discuss things. And most big games at the time appeared on demo discs of some type.

justjim89

Guys, the delightful Dreamcast Demo Derby with Devious Drew and Delirious Dan duped me into determining we need a video of Dan and Drew going fishing and drinking beer. I don't even like fishing but that sounds great. Hell, bring Jeff along too.

popo

Should I buy Far Cry 4 for the Playstation 3

Depends on your options. If you don't have new consoles or a PC that can run it then I hear it is similar to FC3 on oldgen, in that it is playable but ugly and the frame rate chugs in spots. Maybe wait for it to be discounted if you are price sensitive.

danm999

Gonna shamelessly re-plug my choice for a new thread title, based on Drew's excellent Silicon Valley-guy Halloween costume;

Giant Bomb 11 | It doesn't have any social hooks though, so I'm out.

Xater

Holy shit, I knew it was going to be great when Dan found out that Xatrix did Cyberia and Cyberia 2, but his reaction is priceless.

Yeah I was just waiting for his reaction the moment Jeff said he wanted to look up which games they made.

I have played Cyberia 2 as well. More than I probably should. I knew it was bad but I was fascinated by it at the same time.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
qjtF0ew.gif

So yeah been very busy past few weeks, but today I got some time so started this morning with All the new Metal Gear stuff.
Fantastic! when he falls on the poop hilarious :D

And then the Mario Party 2, OW BOY !!! the fire rope thing, I almost had to barf because I laughed so hard :D

wow missed some amazing content :D

Volotaire

Sonic Boom quicklook was hilarious. Unity looks too reminiscent to other past AC games but visually impressive. FC4 looks like it could be a lot of fun. Ghostship still looks awful with some hilarious enemy animations.

Top Bottom