• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

tchocky

Is Danny going to join Giant Bomb? feels like he's been on a bunch of quick looks lately, and he's got that podcast with Drew, he's practically a member already

Going by today's videos it seems he is pretty good at games so I don't know if he would fit in.

Myggen

Is Danny going to join Giant Bomb? feels like he's been on a bunch of quick looks lately, and he's got that podcast with Drew, he's practically a member already

The answer to this will always be no. He's the face of Gamespot, CBSi will not let him leave unless the site goes under. But he's probably gonna continue to be in a bunch of GB content, so we're good.

Rainmaker

Banned
Drew is going to Japan for a few days before Vietnam.... that could affect him

Be careful, Drew.

typhoon_-_fred_ottman_02-2039741.jpg

Swedish Fish is da best. I am not a fan of candies or gummy sweets but I could eat a handful of those.

Extra time in Soccer is dumb and makes the clock feel pointless. Its over whenever the ref feels like it. Dumb.

Tucah

you speak so well

He said back when GB was hiring that he had no interest in moving to GB, he gets the both of both worlds with his GS job.

Anyone have links to when Danny called into the Hotspot back in the day? I was curious about that after hearing it mentioned on a recent Bombcast.

popo

Swedish Fish is da best. I am not a fan of candies or gummy sweets but I could eat a handful of those.

Extra time in Soccer is dumb and makes the clock feel pointless. Its over whenever the ref feels like it. Dumb.

On the other hand. You always know each half is going to be 45-50 minutes. Unlike with other sports were you have no real idea when it is going to finish. Means broadcasters don't have to shoehorn adverts in the middle of play.

daydream

Banned

Well, how else are you gonna counteract stalling? It also adds a significant amount of suspense toward the end.

No, what would be dumb is ending it right at 45 so the winning team can waste time with no consequence.

For the real MGS2 experience, Drew needs to watch the trailers in order during the break, then the ZOE demo, and all the while reading a million EGM articles about MGS2.

and famitsu scans and trying to piece together new info based on alta vista babel fish translation.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
No, what would be dumb is ending it right at 45 so the winning team can waste time with no consequence.
You could also foul, lay on the ground forever, take a few yellow cards for time wasting, just never throw the ball if it's out - all with no consequence. It makes sense the way it is.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You could also foul, lay on the ground forever, take a few yellow cards for time wasting, just never throw the ball if it's out - all with no consequence. It makes sense the way it is.

Or you can just stop the clock when those things happen and penalize it when players abuse it, like they do in sports that aren't insane and stupid

tchocky

Or you can just stop the clock when those things happen and penalize it when players abuse it, like they do in sports that aren't insane and stupid

During a game the ball is in play for about 55 minutes. So you would have to change the game from a 90 minute match to 60 minutes. Changing something like this after 150 years would be very difficult to get football associations to agree to.

KingKong

Yes, it's much better to have inane referee reviews that go on for 10 minutes every couple of plays

Nephrahim

Extra time IS dumb but Danny is correct in that you can point to any sport in the world and say dumb shit about it, so at some point you need to take the flaws or just give up watching sports.

Brashnir

Or you could make a sport where the game lasts 3 and a half hours even though there's only about 10 minutes of actual sport that happens in that timeframe.

Not having commercial breaks is the best thing about the clock running all the time in football. They started doing that in hockey about a decade ago and that shit sucks.

Maybe people would like soccer more if everyone who played it ended up with a scrambled brain at the end of their careers

My only real issue with soccer is extra time. From my limited understanding of it, it seems pretty arbitrary, no? And are both teams notified in advance as to if there is going to be extra time? Because i can see a team being frustrated with it if they have a lead or something.

But naw, i don't care for football mainly because it's just barely better than baseball as far as entertainment goes. Love me some b-ball, though.

Shadows of Mordor will be Giantbomb's GOTY, this excites me.

I can see Alien or Evil within being a strong contender if they end up working out. Regardless, it feels like something different/unexpected actually has a chance this year, and that means that the GOTY discussions are gonna be fun.

If you would've told me that Titanfall and Destiny had no chance at GOTY earlier this year i would've laughed. Now, it's so up in the air that it's great.

why dont they just have a time dude who keeps rough track and then tells the ref instead of the ref make some number up

'eh 2 sounds good whatever'

Top Bottom