• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

I wonder if they bring Jason in for GOTY. That's probably the only chance Bayonetta has to even get a mention :(

He'll probably get a personal top 10, but I doubt he'll be part of site top 10. Drew didn't join the deliberations when he was mostly a video producer. If they bring in east and Patrick as well (which would be the best way to do it IMO) the conversation his also already going to be pretty crowded.

Tucah

you speak so well
I wonder if they bring Jason in for GOTY. That's probably the only chance Bayonetta has to even get a mention :(

I'd guess not, it's already going to be sort of crowded with the four SF guys, Patrick coming back (he came back last year, right?) and Alex (and presumably Vinny) phoning in. Maybe some of the other guys will mention Bayonetta anyway!

So far all we know about Jason is he isn't good at fibbage.

But he always gets the most likes trophy, and isn't that really all that matters?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shadows of Mordor will be Giantbomb's GOTY, this excites me.

Nah
ozgyilrqf6labwseudbj.jpg

justjim89

God, the filibradstering for Destiny during GOTY discussion is going to be hilarious. Watch it get most disappointing and still end up in the top 5.

God, the filibradstering for Destiny during GOTY discussion is going to be hilarious. Watch it get most disappointing and still end up in the top 5.

You can't give Destiny GOTY when it has 3 stars on the site. It'll probably make the top 10, but no way in hell Brad can pull another skyrim and push it to the top. Too many of them don't really care enough about it for that to happen.

Destiny is definitely the best free to play game (that cost $60) that I've played all year.

actually, no, I think Love Live: School Idol Festival came out this year, so second best I guess?

shwimpy

Watch Dogs will win most disappointing because no one will want to argue with Brad about Destiny.
Did people have high hopes for that game past that first E3 trailer? I feel like after the delay happened, nobody gave a shit and the game just came and went with little to no hype.

Watch Dogs wasn't even a bad game, it was just the most average game possible. The most shining example of Ubi games-by-committee to date.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did people have high hopes for that game past that first E3 trailer? I feel like after the delay happened, nobody gave a shit and the game just came and went with little to no hype.

Jeff said on one of the bombcasts that it was the most exciting thing he saw. I think Vinny said similarly. When they talked about activating the rails in the chase. There's a bombcast where they gushed about it more than anything I ever saw them gush about Destiny pre-release.

Myggen

Jeff said on one of the bombcasts that it was the most exciting thing he saw. I think Vinny said similarly. When they talked about activating the rails in the chase. There's a bombcast where they gushed about it more than anything I ever saw them gush about Destiny pre-release.

Very true. Jeff especially was super hyped about the game in the beginning, I think he said it "won" the E3 that it was released for him. You could hear them becoming less hyped as the game got closer to release because of what they saw of it, but still, it's going to be up there with their most disappointing for sure. If I had to guess, I'd say that it'll win the most disappointing over Destiny because no one will fight for it at all.

Anyways, looking forward to the GOTY stuff!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Or you can just stop the clock when those things happen and penalize it when players abuse it, like they do in sports that aren't insane and stupid
Little late, but since you quoted me:
There is a big reason why this is not how it's done that nobody mentioned so far and that is the FIFA mantra that football/soccer is to be played exactly the same all around the world. From lowest kids leagues all up to Champuons League finals and world cups. And stopping time for everything is really not possible unless you have several refs and even more technology.
Which is really not how American sports work, so I understand that people don't even think about that but I think it is very smart and one of the main reasons it is the most popular sport of all.

Aww yeah, early Friday livestream again, I'll get to watch Vinny play SoM instead of playing SoM myself. Expecting him to totally break the game.
Pick up the goddamn purse.

shwimpy

I don't remember... is there a shittiest game category cause Dan and Patrick debating Metro Redux might be amazingly awesome.

I don't remember... is there a shittiest game category cause Dan and Patrick debating Metro Redux might be amazingly awesome.

"Most Disappointing Game" is the category. I think they dropped "Worst Game" as that is too open.

I am guessing something like Destiny and Watch Dogs could easily fit into that list.- yet still be a favourite of others

Eh, Dan doesn't think it's shit iirc. He acknowledged that he can see why people like it, just that he doesn't find it fun to play.

Its between Middle Earth and Far Cry 4 for GOTY I think.

Far Cry will depend on how much of a tower climbing, animal skinning "Ubisoft Game TM" it is.

XCOM getting GOTY seems so weird in retrospect. A turn based strategy game based on a classic PC title. Especially when I vaguely remember their reaction to the FPS reveal before was, "oh well there's no way to make a turn based strategy game successful in this market, 2K is just playing it smart."

XCOM getting GOTY seems so weird in retrospect. A turn based strategy game based on a classic PC title. Especially when I vaguely remember their reaction to the FPS reveal before was, "oh well there's no way to make a turn based strategy game successful in this market, 2K is just playing it smart."

Well, it absolutely deserved it, in any case. 100% the best game released that year
not called Kid Icarus Uprising

2012 was similar to this year in that there aren't any real major standout games. My top 3 games for that year was X-com, Walking Dead Season 1, and Dishonored.

Those were all solid games, too, but it had it been a year before or a year after and none of them would've even been in contention.

In retrospect, The Walking Dead and XCOM being the main contenders that year show that 2012 was a shit year for games. Not as bad as this year though.

2012 was similar to this year in that there aren't any real major standout games. My top 3 games for that year was X-com, Walking Dead Season 1, and Dishonored.

Those were all solid games, too, but it had it been a year before or a year after and none of them would've even been in contention.

Eh, everybody loved X-com from what I remember and they didn't all love The Last of Us. I think it could have still took it if it was released in 2013, to be honest I think X-com's a much better game than the cinematic tedium of The Last of Us..

Top Bottom