• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I had this weird half dream this morning when I was waking up that the video the guys teased was something to do with them filming characters for the unplugged Avalon or something. Then I woke up and realized that would probably be kind of hard to do with the nature of the game and it being a live stream and all.
Please, we all know it's
a trip to Barkerville

Myggen

Nice, quick look for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is on the schedule.

I'm really surprised Patrick hasn't been all over this, it's a great game. I bet sometime very soon he'll realise the game is literally made for him and he won't stop talking about it.

Probably didn't know much about it. I had been following that game pretty closely, but was surprised to know that it was out now. They did an absolutely terrible job marketing that game.

Probably didn't know much about it. I had been following that game pretty closely, but was surprised to know that it was out now. They did an absolutely terrible job marketing that game.

Yeah, I also only noticed the release because of the OT here on GAF. At least most big gaming sites seem to have (positive) reviews up, so that's good. From what I saw on Twitter they didn't even send out review codes.

Zaph

Hmm not sure how we missed this thread.

*Subscribed*

Welcome to the fold. Biccies in the corner.

Yeah, I suppose. It's just odd because Patrick is usually the one really up on small, under-the-radar games.

He is gonna flip out when he plays this - horror/sci-fi themes, really interesting mystery, great narrative structure and just damn gorgeous to look at.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
My friends hate me because I always have to switch to alternate when the controller gets handed to me.

It just feels more natural to me.
It just means you probably started with PES. Most of my friends play like that and the Classic users are the weird ones.

My friends hate me because I always have to switch to alternate when the controller gets handed to me.

It just feels more natural to me.

Likewise. Like Danny said its the Pro Evo controls, which I got so used to. Even though I haven't played one for about five years or so.

Really shouldn't be watching the Quick Look though, I've resisted buying Fifa but whenever I watch it I just want to buy it.

I'm really enjoying this FIFA QL even though I couldn't give a fuck about football.

Chris Kamara's Street Soccer sounds like the best game ever

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think it was fifa 10 on ps3 where I went real stupid with ultimate team and before I knew it had spent €60 on fifa bucks to buy packs of cards. I feel like I can only really blame myself for that because I should know better.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think it was fifa 10 on ps3 where I went real stupid with ultimate team and before I knew it had spent €60 on fifa bucks to buy packs of cards. I feel like I can only really blame myself for that because I should know better.
I think it was FIFA10 for me, too, were I got the "open 500 packages" achievement without spending a cent. I made myself stop playing it after that.

Jeff and co have to do a Playstation TV launch day coverage thingy, right? I mean, they covered that god awful Fire TV, they gotta at least do something with the PSTV.

Nature does not want Drew to leave,,,

ul72EuC.png

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think it was FIFA10 for me, too, were I got the "open 500 packages" achievement without spending a cent. I made myself stop playing it after that.

lol jeez that's a lot

I had a routine when I got back into ut in fifa 13 where I'd play through the top division singleplayer season over and over again to accrue coins and win a gold pack at the end. I think all the teams were on legendary or world class, but they really were not that hard. After each run I think I'd have enough coins for two additional packs on top of the rewarded one for coming first. You had to win all the matches (or all + 1 draw), so I'd just alt-f4 out of the game if I knew I was going to lose the match and go again. Never got close to opening 500 packs, but even after opening dozens and rarely getting anything worthwhile, you learn what a waste they are. At some point I was doing just fine with the squad that I had, that I never really cared that I didn't have any of the super rare cards, and kinda asked myself what the hell I was wasting all my time on this thing for.

KingKong

Is Danny going to join Giant Bomb? feels like he's been on a bunch of quick looks lately, and he's got that podcast with Drew, he's practically a member already

I'm a big football fan with (I like to think) a decent sense of humour, so I was hoping Dan would be on, trolling away like with some other recent non-sport coverage that people got all antsy about.

Maybe next time...

Bacon

He probably wouldn't leave gamespot, he is the face of the website there. But we get to see him in a ton of content anyway so it's not really a big deal imo.

Top Bottom