• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Liamc723

Ah I don't know if I should watch the upcoming GBE live stream or not, it's Vinny and Alex and that's good, but I don't want to spoil too much of Shadow Of Mordor because I won't be playing it until next Saturday.

I'm still waiting for a good opportunity to talk about how I broke into the industry. For those that haven't heard it, it involves me at 18 calling GameStop corporate and asking them to pay me $2,500 and fly me to Game Informer. It worked.

i know people have said that you are a living simpsons character

but jesus christ you are literally a living simpsons character, what the fuck

Back now...

DEZlTpM.png

so1337

Matthew "Name Added for Spoiler Space" Rorie
was once, when everybody thought he was evil because he seemed to be sabotaging everything.
Wait, was he? Was that the the first round? I didn't watch it in one sitting so you might be right.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
That roller coaster video was even better than I expected. The more shit like that they produce the better.

Plasma

Banned
My god that rollercoaster video is one of the stupidest most awesome things they've ever done, up there with flushing a pie down a toilet.

Finally watched the mailbag video from this week, their demo disc collection is getting out of hand. They'll need to start going through those with two teams.

Also I hope someone gets around to watching Iron Sky.

And Brad really seems to like Quake!

Wunder

Gotta post my thoughts on Avalon somewhere...

I have to say Danny played the second round near perfect - by being one of the main leaders of the discussion, he managed to get Drew on the hook really early (by the second round), and from there it was a matter of closing the deal. However, Avalon subverts this method by making it a lot harder for a mafia/evil guy/government member/werewolf to try and pretend to be good by the addition of Merlin.

Merlin is given the information so he naturally acts as a deterrent against any evildoer attempting to try and control the group. Merlin's job is hard, because he has to dissuade the group without being the sole aggressor, but it's there for a reason, you can always poke holes in their logic because obviously they aren't good and they're evil, and you have that knowledge, you just need to be able to find a way to do that without being too obvious.

That being said, it's difficult if people aren't all on the same wavelength. Brad seemed like he just wanted to keep voting/playing while some others were really into the discussion. The whole game is about discussion and the more you talk the harder it is for evil to win, because they either have to participate allowing them to be talked in a corner, or allowing the good guys to figure it out through the voting methods.

Also, I don't think Dan explained how voting/vetoing worked, when Mary asked, 'Well we can't just veto it until it goes around, can we?' and Brad responded, 'Oh can't we?', well the answer is no you actually can't, because there's a limit. When I've played, we've used the house rule of 5 vetoes per game, where I believe the actual rule is just 5 vetoes per quest/mission. After the 5 rejected vote, the bad guys automatically win a round, which prevents the resistance from rejecting forever.

It was a cool feature though, and I can't wait for more Unplugged goodness, it'd be cool if they played like a co-op board game or something.

danm999

I'm still waiting for a good opportunity to talk about how I broke into the industry. For those that haven't heard it, it involves me at 18 calling GameStop corporate and asking them to pay me $2,500 and fly me to Game Informer. It worked.

Everyday, with every story and shenanigan I hear I'm more convinced in a locked room somewhere there's a portrait of a Dan Ryckert slowly living a straight forward, mundane life devoid of joy and whimsy.

Finally watched the mailbag video from this week, their demo disc collection is getting out of hand. They'll need to start going through those with two teams.

Also I hope someone gets around to watching Iron Sky.

And Brad really seems to like Quake!

They're not actually going to go through every demo disc, that'd be insane. With the amount of crap people constantly send in they'll have to stop doing content solely for demo derby.

Bacon

With both halloween and the holidays coming up, I pose this candy related question to one daniel ryckert:

Do you, too, hate it when you grab a red striped peppermint candy from a bowl, unwrap it, toss it into your mouth, prepare yourself for a refreshingly awesome mint blast, only to find out it that it is actually some weird sugary berry shit that tastes both nothing like a mint and completely like soiled, humid ass?

Since dan doesn't appear to answer questions on his tumblr, i posted this question for the ages here instead.

edit: in retrospect, i probably should've sent this into the bombcast email address. I guess i have till monday to do so.

This is the absolute worst. The peppermint flavor is about 5000x better than the berry flavor, and there is no way to know the difference unless you smell it before putting it in your mouth like a weirdo.

Top Bottom