• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Brad just broke UPF formula

EDIT: altered beast looked cool, but i thought it was kinda lame. I just wanna play as beast already than some lame dude

ArjanN

Golden Axe is not very good but I love it regardless.

Earthworm Jim is a poor game.

The arcade version of Golden Axe is a good game, Earthworm Jim had lots of good elements, like the music, animation, humor etc, but it never played very well.

Also, Jeff's opinion of beat 'em ups continues to be terrible.

Zaph

I swear I remember playing an Altered Beast style Mega Drive game but the character was a kid in an amusement park (I think) who could transform into different beasts.

For the life of me I can't remember the name.

aIJ0jTA.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I swear I remember playing an Altered Beast style Mega Drive game but the character was a kid in an amusement park (I think) who could transform into different beasts.

For the life of me I can't remember the name.

Is it at all possible this is Kid Chameleon you're thinking of?

I don't necessarily think it is, but for some reason it's what came to mind. Even though that doesn't really match the description.

Hard.png

Zaph

Is it at all possible this is Kid Chameleon you're thinking of?

I don't necessarily think it is, but for some reason it's what came to mind. Even though that doesn't really match the description.
Nah, a friend of mine made that exact suggestion a while back but it isn't it.

Zaph

OMG Metal Gear Scanlon bonus content tonight!

Edit: playing through Twin Snakes currently. It's ridiculously silly and great. Those cut scenes are something else.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Everybody knows Twin Snakes is anime for losers. Not like Metal Gear Solid, cool guy action movies for normal people.

Alfredo

Gotta balance out the Twin Snakes negativity by saying I like that game. :D

This'll be Drew's first time with "modern" MGS controls (but still complicated as hell). I wonder how this will go.

Anyone that dislikes MGS Twin Snakes is like going back to your childhood playground and complaining about how everything's way smaller than it used to be.

I was ready to give up on mgs3 after an hour or two for the same reasons, then stuck with it, realised none of the camo or stamina stuff was hard or bothersome at all, and couldn't put the game down til I finished it. It just feels like a lot of crap with no benefit to begin with but turns out to be fine.

The beginning of MGS3 is rough. About 2 hours of cutscenes interlaced with the only gameplay being essentially a tutorial.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I was ready to give up on mgs3 after an hour or two for the same reasons, then stuck with it, realised none of the camo or stamina stuff was hard or bothersome at all, and couldn't put the game down til I finished it. It just feels like a lot of crap with no benefit to begin with but turns out to be fine.

It's very much the deepest game in the series gameplay wise.

Overwhelming at first but rewarding when mastered and it gets better after every replay.

//: "Freaky Vietnam stuff" SMH

The story in the Big Boss games are way better than the main timeline stuff... is pretty clear that Kojima didn't know where take the story after the MGS2... maybe he didn't even planed it...

Alfredo

Every time someone refers to Metal Gear Solid 2 or any of the sequels as "Metal Gear 2" and so-on, I think it's silly, 'cause there's already a Metal Gear 2! Also 'cause I'm a nerd.

Top Bottom