• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

yeah I'm getting actively tense every time I see Brad so knackered

it's weird now

Meh, it's been that way for years. That's what you get when you never get enough sleep :) I know a couple of people just like that, who are always tired in the middle of the day because they never get enough sleep.

Anyways, great UPF and a great week of content. Looking forward to whatever the MGS stuff is this weekend.

Myggen

So I guess the Alien QL is going to be like another Metro QL ? :/ another one Pat should have done.

Those aren't exactly similar games, no real reason to fear that it'll be dismissed out of hand (and Drew is probably sitting in on the game if it was recorded today, and he's a big Alien(s) fan). Dan not liking slower games is a bit of a myth.

daydream

Banned
So I guess the Alien QL is going to be like another Metro QL ? :/ another one Pat should have done.

Is this new Aliens game not heavily Amnesia-inspired? I mean, if Dan likes that game and the licence, he's certainly the right guy to QL that, I would think.

Brad should sit in on it.

Myggen

Roller coaster b-roll will be up in 6 hours, it seems.

jeffearpfbu4.gif

After the roller coaster video I am now 80% sure Dan will have Hoodslam involved in the GOTY videos.

Oh and anyone got a link to the weird dodgy archive for UPF that is just the buffer of the live show?

I had to leave half way through this one and I though just pausing it would mean I could come back to it but nope.

Jeff's comment about opinions on Alien: Isolation being all over the place show just how broken reviews are in gaming. 8/10 average, that's fucking good! I hope one day scores are long dead.

Zomba13

Watching the Avalon unplugged and this is great.

In round 2 now and my guesses are:
Merlin:
Drew
Evil:
Rorie, Brad
Good:
The rest

EDIT: Oh wow. Major plot twist :eek:

Jeff's comment about opinions on Alien: Isolation being all over the place show just how broken reviews are in gaming. 8/10 average, that's fucking good! I hope one day scores are long dead.

I get the feeling review scores have kind of normalised a bit with the console switch and maybe people are still expecting scores like we got last gen.

Everything seem to be getting a point lower then I would expect. Maybe its just coming off the 2nd half of last gen when anything with a AAA budget but average a 85+ and at least a 9 from IGN.

Watch Dogs seems like a game that would have been lapped up by reviewers if it was a 360 game in 2012/13 for example.

Kirlia

Banned
Really good. Played some old Genesis stuff, Next Car Game and WarioWare.

Next Car Game/Wreckfest was amazing.

Somewhat random question: during the UPF, a rad GIF of Drew dancing appeared a lot in the chat. Does that GIF come from the Avalon video?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

You can't just look at the average. The scores are all over the place.

You can't just look at the average. The scores are all over the place.
There are two "mediocre" reviews and the rest range from good to great.

It's always weird to see to watch the GBE streams after they're put up on the site. Lots of responds to complaints about video quality but the actual downloadable footage is sharper than anything else on the site. And lol at Alex constantly spoiling things 5 seconds before they happen.

Myggen

There are two "mediocre" reviews and the rest range from good to great.

It's always weird to see to watch the GBE streams after they're put up on the site. Lots of responds to complaints about video quality but the actual downloadable footage is sharper than anything else on the site.

Can't see any comments complaining about the video quality of the archive for this one, just a couple of people mentioning the smooth framerate. People have mainly been complaining about the stream quality which has been all over the place (but that's understandable given that Vinny is experimenting with 1080/60 and pushing the limits on that stuff), but not the archives.

I'm guessing Brad (or Jeff?) was referencing the IGN and Gamespot reviews when talking about the reviews being "all over the place", and didn't take into account every single review.

Can't see any comments complaining about the video quality of the archive for this one, just a couple of people mentioning the smooth framerate. People have mainly been complaining about the stream quality which has been all over the place (but that's understandable given that Vinny is experimenting with 1080/60 and pushing the limits on that stuff), but not the archives.
Oh I know, what I meant was that during the stream they constantly respond to complaints but the actual archives are perfect.

Zaph

Watching Avalon again. If you haven't, definitely give it a second viewing, it's like a different video when you know the outcome.

Silly question.

You know how gamespot ads are on giant bomb?

Does gamespot have GiantBomb promos in the corners of the site sometimes as well? And what the heck do they look like?

Dizzy-4U

Through Quest Medley? Because that was my expression running into FFIX's Battle 2 on Ultimate for the first time yesterday. Pure and utter terror.
I can manage many of the Ultimate songs but I was definitely not prepared for that. All the notes are clustered together, can't see a damn thing :(

An option to increase the notes speed like the bemani games would be great.

Myggen

Silly question.

You know how gamespot ads are on giant bomb?

Does gamespot have GiantBomb promos in the corners of the site sometimes as well? And what the heck do they look like?

Not that I've seen the few times I visit the site. The "ads" for GB on GS is that they post actual GB content (QLs, the roller coaster video etc.). Someone mentioned that hosts of some GS videos have added "and go visit Giant Bomb" at the end of their videos too and stuff like that.

Bonus MGS in 4 and a half hours.

edit: Right now, 3 out of 5 of the videos in the "Popular Videos" section on GS' front page are QLs.

daydream

Banned
Oh, did they push back the B-Roll? Mind you, it's more likely that I mixed up the dates, haha.

Also, I really, really appreciate the subtitle of the bonus episode.

Wait, so there are literally several dozen people who constantly downvote every video Patrick uploads? Sometimes I listen to the AM show in the background while I do something else so I've never paid attention to anything on the actual page, but I've just noticed that all of them have a ton of dislikes.

Zaph

Wait, so there are literally several dozen people who constantly downvote every video Patrick uploads? Sometimes I listen to the AM show in the background while I do something else so I've never paid attention to anything on the actual page, but I've just noticed that all of them have a ton of dislikes.
Yup, there are unfortunately a handful of very petty people on the internet who like holding a grudge.

It's only broken if they have nothing to back those scores up or fixate on stupid stuff to praise/bash.

It's only broken if they have nothing to back those scores up or fixate on stupid stuff to praise/bash.
I don't know, it's like saying every critically acclaimed game had a mixed opinion because Tom Chick didn't like it. There are no truly terrible scores, and only 2 mediocre ones.
*shrug*

Top Bottom