• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Dany

Banned
Best part of going out on fridays is that when i wake on saturdays, I grab a cup of coffee and snuggle up watching yesterdays content.

Majine

Banned
Anyone else having issues with videos on Giant Bomb using iOS? For me it hides the video playback controls, so I can't go fullscreen and other stuff.

Best part of going out on fridays is that when i wake on saturdays, I grab a cup of coffee and snuggle up watching yesterdays content.
Good man. Doing the same myself (minus the having gone out on Friday part, because I'm a boring loser.) But the important question is, how do you take your coffee?

Dany

Banned
Good man. Doing the same myself (minus the having gone out on Friday part, because I'm a boring loser.) But the important question is, how do you take your coffee?

Black. I use a french press. Get one, it will change your life.

Like my men.

Please understand this airplane! joke.

LeBart

That bonus Metal Gear Scanlon was fun! The E3 2000 trailer is a great piece of video game history, and it was the most mind-blowing thing at the time, but I still think the last MGS2 trailer is the best one in the entire series, and possibly in all video games. It's incredible.

I just hope that, when they get to MGS3, Dan remembers that pretty much every major plot point of that game was in the trailers in one form or another, along with like 80% of the cutscenes. It didn't ruin the game when it came out but I think Drew would have better time with it if he didn't watch them all.

Megasoum

Banned
MGS2 must have been one of the very first game to us mocap... I remember being complelely mind blowned by the soldiers movement when they fast rope down and secure the tanker.

Myggen

MGS2 must have been one of the very first game to us mocap... I remember being complelely mind blowned by the soldiers movement when they fast rope down and secure the tanker.

The visuals in that game were mind blowing in pretty much every way. It still holds up really well.

Tucah

you speak so well
The Bonus MGS was fun. I like how someone (EmCee IIRC?) joked earlier in this thread that Drew should watch the MGS2 trailers before playing the game and, well, here we are. It's gonna be a long wait until MGS2 :(

Onto the Road Redemption Unfinished now. Giancarlo and Alexis? I like how they've been pulling in a lot of different people over the past couple weeks for QLs - we've gotten Jason, Mary, Danny (although that's really not THAT uncommon), Alexis, Giancarlo. It's been great to have a ton of different voices on QLs (and as much as I like Vinny/Alex QLs, I wish they could pull in a guest from time to time).

Black. I use a french press. Get one, it will change your life.
The only correct answer. I see you are a man of taste and sophistication. When I started drinking coffee regularly, I went full black and never went back. Boggles my mind when I see people I know dump 4 creams and 4 sugars each into a single cup of coffee.

I still need to buy a french press tho. And find out how best to make espresso at home.

Like my men.

Please understand this airplane! joke.

I love that movie, and now I need to watch it again. I'd crack open a beer, but then I might develop a drinking problem.

Everyone keeps talking about that first MGS2 trailer, but the one that grabbed me by the balls was that last one with the English VOs and Solidus spinning his subrifle at the end.

I hope they do another one of these after they're done with MGS2. The trailers for MGS3 were just as hypeful to me. That first trailer with Snake walking through water in a burning jungle was jaw-dropping.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
When Drew gets to mgs3, jeff should also start playing it in a rival feature to see who finishes it first.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Do you think if I got a dog tattooed on my stomach that Alpha Protocol's Matthew Rorie would rub my belly?

Xater

Part of me thinks Road Redemption looks kinda cool. It has soon interesting ideas and looks pretty nuts. The other part thinks it looks very janky and the basic driving seems uninteresting. I'll keep an eye on it to see how the final game shakes out.

Myggen

Part of me thinks Road Redemption looks kinda cool. It has soon interesting ideas and looks pretty nuts. The other part thinks it looks very janky and the basic driving seems uninteresting. I'll keep an eye on it to see how the final game shakes out.

A bit concerning that it's coming out so soon.

daydream

Banned
Oh, Brad sat in on the bonus episode, nice!

For some reason I expected them to play VR missions and whatnot but I guess Dan did in fact say that they just watched trailers.

Liamc723

On a side note about the rollercoaster video, that Medusa needs some serious theming. It looked like the track was just going round a car park.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I don't remember, did Dan every say what his favorite MGS game was? It's gotta be 3 right

I genuinely can't decide.

- 1 had the biggest impact in my entire history of gaming. Nothing has ever blown me away like the first time I played that game.
- 2 was such a huge improvement and I absolutely love the story. The more I played it and the more I understood what was going on, the more fascinated I was by it.
- 3 had an amazing, almost self-contained story that I loved from beginning to end. I love The Boss, and that final fight and everything about the ending is perfect.
- 4 kind of does the impossible by actually tying up all those insane loose ends

The only one that isn't really in contention is probably 4, but I hesitate to say that since it's the one I remember the least about. I beat it twice when it came out, but haven't touched it since. I bet if I went back and played it (which I'm thinking about), it would go up quite a bit in my head. That's what happened with 2.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You can't buy MGS2 for PC anywhere......come on Konami. Put it on GoG, what are you doing?
I never played it and now I kinda want to try it.

Aren't those simple notifications ? I don't get what's different about "push" ones. :/

Heh, I just linked you to Apple's version/brand of push because lots of people know what that is/have heard about it. Read this for more deets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_technology.

Push, or server push, describes a style of Internet-based communication where the request for a given transaction is initiated by the publisher or central server. It is contrasted with pull, where the request for the transmission of information is initiated by the receiver or client.

I genuinely can't decide.

The only one that isn't really in contention is probably 4, but I hesitate to say that since it's the one I remember the least about. I beat it twice when it came out, but haven't touched it since. I bet if I went back and played it (which I'm thinking about), it would go up quite a bit in my head. That's what happened with 2.

Stream yourself playing them sometime.

Top Bottom