• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

erawsd

I don't know, it's like saying every critically acclaimed game had a mixed opinion because Tom Chick didn't like it. There are no truly terrible scores, and only 2 mediocre ones.
*shrug*

It depends which sites you're looking at too. I don't think Jeff is looking at the NeoGAF review thread to see what Everyeye had to say. I imagine he's looking at other major sites, which definitely seem split. IGN, Gamespot, and Polygon all gave it 6s while Gametrailers and Game Informer are 7s. .. which is certainly perceived by many as a mediocre score.

justjim89

Man, watching them play Twin Snakes brought back memories. I love that damn game. Better than original MGS in every conceivable way.

Man, watching them play Twin Snakes brought back memories. I love that damn game. Better than original MGS in every conceivable way.

RUN, THEY'RE COMING!

I thought it was a nice retelling from the "Snake is a legend" point of view.

I wonder how long it would take for them to get to Revengeance, because I would like to see their reactions to how that game treated MGS lore

*Flashes to Drew trying to comprehend the parrying system*

..maybe they should just watch a lets play.

I wonder how long it would take for them to get to Revengeance, because I would like to see their reactions to how that game treated MGS lore

Here's a fun game, kids! Find @MrMooEar at Hoodslam!

BzFaDvbCEAAJzjY.jpg

I actually liked Twin Snakes more too, not saying the original is bad but the new coat of paint sure helped, and bringing over some of the MGS2 stuff was really nice.

Kirlia

Banned
I can manage many of the Ultimate songs but I was definitely not prepared for that. All the notes are clustered together, can't see a damn thing :(

An option to increase the notes speed like the bemani games would be great.

The absolute worst notes in Curtain Call (besides the spinning ones, and even THOSE can be predicted) are the green ones where you hold the stylus down for less than half a second, then have to swipe the stylus in a certain direction. FFIX's Battle 2 on Ultimate has MANY of those, OVER and OVER, and my stylus hand can't keep up with them at all.

I don't think switching control modes would help much either...but I may give it a try if I can't get the hang of the song.

Nephrahim

I found out yesterday that MGS1 and 2 had PC ports, so I'm replaying them.

I gotta say, MGS is a lot of fun. The last time I tried to play it (I started on 2, crazy I know) the archaic system kind of bugged me, but now that I watched Drew figure it out over the course of 15 hours it's pretty fun. I'm going for the Otacon ending, since I already saw the other one.

Joeku

I both played Metal Gear Solid 2 several times around its release and about a month ago because of Metal Gear Scanlon, but goddamn, watching his face during that bonus video...Drew is in for a wild ride. It is so frigging bonkers.

I'm glad to see them go back to Next Car Game Wreckfest. Also cool to see it has online multiplayer now, I'll have to convince my friends to buy the game. Not that it'll take much convincing, since we played a ton of the first two FlatOut games.
Gonna watch Commando for the first time since Dan seems to love it. Pretty excited.
Have fun, your life will never be the same.

Toparaman

Banned

At the very least you have to admit the voice acting got worse. Especially Snake. And in a game with a lot of voice-acting, that's not a minor setback.

And if I'm not mistaken some of the music got changed for the worse too.

justjim89

Drew and Dan's reactions to the MGS1 stinger may be one of my all time favorite Giant Bomb moments.

*look at each other*

*beat*

*burst out laughing*

"Drew, there is a 3rd Snake, Solidus Snake, and he's The President of the United States. Is that not the best fucking twist at the end? He's The President.

This Metal Gear Scanlon bonus episode gets me real excited for the MGS2 videos. I hadn't seen any of these trailers before (I had no idea they even showed some of the later bits with Snake in them) and having played MGS2 I can only agree with Brad, Drew sure is in for a ride.

Nephrahim

I am so excited to watch Drew play MGS2. Can't wait. I wish I had a friend that never played MGS2 before. I should go make a new one just so I can repeat this experience.

That said, It's a shame they couldn't show the really weird MGS3 trailer that has Snake and Raiden fighting for the star seat.

Oh no, that was a MGS4 trailer, wasn't it?

Renpatsu

Part way through this Metal Gear Scanlon bonus episode and yeah, I'm probably just going to pop in MGS2 HD into my Vita right now and play it before Drew gets back.

Alfredo

So, is it safe to say that Metal Gear Scanlon 2 will be the first "Endurance Run" sequel? None of the official ER's followed up on sequels. Bradley May Cry ended at DMC1.

Maybe you could count Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls as a prequel to Load Our Last Souls.

Follow-up video features is a cool trend that Dan is brining from Game Informer. They were pretty good about Super Replay sequels, doing OverBlood 1 and 2, Cyberia 1 and 2, and Blue Stinger and Illbleed.

That roller coaster video is seriously amazing stuff, i only wish i had more free time for all the content they are putting out, loved the unplugged too

Thomper

Man, I was busy this week so barely had any time to check on Giant Bomb. I come back, and there's like... six premium shows in the past week? Amazing.

This is truly a new golden age.

Myggen

Man, I was busy this week so barely had any time to check on Giant Bomb. I come back, and there's like... six premium shows in the past week? Amazing.

This is truly a new golden age.

This has been one of my favourite weeks of GB content ever, so you have something to look forward to :)

edit:

Danny O'Dwyer
‏
"Haha, oh man. People already think I'm banging Drew" - @alexisg

f0rk

Imagine the chaos if Ferrari can't get their shit together next year. It'll be glorious.

They won't, it's a long term move for Vettel similar to what Hamilton did (imo Mercedes did better than he expected last year). Spend a year or two getting comfortable in the biggest name in F1 while they sort themselves out and become contenders again.

Myggen

They won't, it's a long term move for Vettel similar to what Hamilton did (imo Mercedes did better than he expected last year). Spend a year or two getting comfortable in the biggest name in F1 while they sort themselves out and become contenders again.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Also, 18 year old Dan's MGS parody was actually surprisingly decent :p

mattp

At the very least you have to admit the voice acting got worse. Especially Snake. And in a game with a lot of voice-acting, that's not a minor setback.

And if I'm not mistaken some of the music got changed for the worse too.

the music is horrible
might be my biggest issue with the game

LegoArmo

I love Dan, so much. The saviour of Giant Bomb content.

East isn't bad, either. It's been crazy these last couple weeks. Can't keep up :)

Top Bottom