• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Alucrid

Banned
I have a date tonight, and the girl is taking me to a Mexican place. She's convinced she's gonna get me to try sour cream for the first time, but I told her that I need to save something that momentous for Giant Bomb content.

dan can even give us great content that's not on giantbomb.com

Myggen

Does it build on the story of MGS3? I heard Portable Ops takes place between the two.

It takes place ten(?) years after Snake Eater. I never liked how it plays, but the story is quite good and explains a few things the main series doesn't. So unless you just want to watch the "movie" on YT being linked here, I'd recommend it.

Myggen

DMC 2 i hope.

Oh god no.

bwBvg.gif

He did.

Also, it's weird to talk about Dan in third person when he's so active here, haha. Sorry Dan!

He should probably stick with Drew for further Playstation Underground/Pizza Hut discs, but mix it up for other consoles. Bring in Jeff for Dreamcast games, maybe there's some hot Shenmue action on one of them discs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
GB needs to do a stream of low tier/low budget Wii games that they never quick looked. I feel like that's a gold mine of video content they haven't touched. Especially since Broken Pixels isn't around to fight the good fight against Spider Island anymore.

daydream

Banned
He should probably stick with Drew for further Playstation Underground/Pizza Hut discs, but mix it up for other consoles. Bring in Jeff for Dreamcast games, maybe there's some hot Shenmue action on one of them discs.

That's a solid idea, actually. There's a distinct lack of Dreamcast content on the site.

Maybe there's a Sonic Shuffle demo on one of them.

KingKong

They got some PC Gamer disks right? bring in Brad

Dan should bring Geoffrey on to do some dreamcast stuff and Geoffrey should tell the story about his appearance on GMA which resulted in Diane Sawyer touching his leg and wearing a FUBU jersey.

Does it build on the story of MGS3? I heard Portable Ops takes place between the two.

Portable Ops is in a weird place. Is not canon but certain elements are, there is almost no direct references in other games to to it but introduces a big twist in MGS4
Fox Unit, Big Boss, Ocelot and Eva are the Patriots

Zomba13

Peace Walker is very cool and builds on MGS3 and provides the bases for Ground Zeroes (which leads directly into MGS5 Phantom Pain). It might not be to everyone's liking with the short mission driven gameplay as opposed to the longer continuous flow of other MGS games and the boss fights mostly suck (giant bullet sponge enemy robots unless you have super good weapons unlocked which you wont have the first time you fight them). The story is pretty good though with Snake learning to accept the his title of Big Boss and working towards building a what is essentially a proto-Outer Heaven. It looks like with GZ though that Phantom Pain will be covering this plot thread again (Portable Ops kinda did this too).

POPs is the clunkier of the two portable games and the one that is pretty much ignored canon wise (just a slight reference to it at the start of Peace Walker). It does have a cool story though and cool bad guys but can be a bit of a chore to play through.

ultron87

I'm playing 3 games already but now I reaaaallllly want to play MGS2 again after seeing those trailers. Crap. Maybe I can get myself to wait till Drew starts it and play along.

I've always hated the design of Metal Gear RAY. I thought REX was great. The MGS 2 series is going to be so good. Whether you love it or hate it, It really is the defining game in the series.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
After hearing the story of Dan's Game Informer promo video, I'm starting to believe in magical thinking.

What if Dan Ryckert's blind optimism is the only thing keeping the world from total collapse?

It's not that much of a stretch if you start from assuming John Drake is the antichrist.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time I see a glimpse of Jeff's collection or other generation spanning collections, it just further reinforces my digital desires.

bonercop

finally caught up on my scanlon. Man, I wonder how Drew's going to deal with
vlad when they get into MGS2
. I don't think i've ever had to restart a boss battle so many times in all my years playing videogames as that fight. literally 200+ i'd wager. fuck

Top Bottom