• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The thing Brad said to Vinny on Volgar was worse imho.

That moment was a hilarious slip up thats one of the funnier moments in GB history.

The Ryan thing was a pretty shocking, especially watching it live. followed by that brad meltdown and subsequent reaction. It was pretty uncomfortable.

kvothe

I'm considering it as something that was said without context of the situation. Alot of people still say retard out of childhood habit. It's still bad but the other thing was completely removed of any form of past conditioning.

Oh, so you're actually serious about this comparison? That's ridiculous. Brad made a joke. A dark joke, but a joke nonetheless. Ryan slipped and said something inappropriate in a moment of frustration.

Myggen

I've now shown the roller coaster video to my parents and my sister, and they loved it. Evidence that Giant Bomb is for the whole family.

Ryan's slip-up was incredibly shitty, but it was still a slip-up.

Unfortunately it made it so I started wondering if it was just a thing he slipped up and said accidentally or he slipped up and said it on air accidentally.

Eh. Pointless speculation either way, I guess. Whatever the case, it's not something we should be thinking about now.

chogidogs

Oh, so you're actually serious about this comparison? That's ridiculous. Brad made a joke. A dark joke, but a joke nonetheless. Ryan slipped and said something inappropriate in a moment of frustration.

Ok, alot of people feel strongly about this, so apologies all around for any form of insensitivity here. I was approaching it as if none were considered jokes.

Ok, alot of people feel strongly about this, so apologies all around for any form of insensitivity here. I was approaching it as if none were considered jokes.
Ah, that gives context to what you were saying. I can't speak for anyone else, but I always took Brad's comment as the sort of dark off color joke you can make with friends, whereas Ryan's was just an unfortunate outburst of frustration.

Anyways, it's old hat.

I'd much rather speculate about what dumb shit like the roller coaster video they do next, since I have to imagine it's doing very well for them in traffic.

kvothe

It's okay, duder. I apologize if I came off too harshly. And, of course, you're entitled to your own opinion.

daydream

Banned
A shame that Nintendo stopped describing their games like that.

I mean, the descriptions were always by the respective devs/pubs, Nintendo didn't have anything to do that (unless we're talking Mario Clock here, aww yeah). Problem is that there isn't too much shovelware coming out for the eShop. Although I would argue that it's back on the rise (don't click the second one if you value your ears).

I hate Giantbomb because they cut their sponsorship with NDX. It caused Jeff to burn his mouth eating noodles.

RIP NDX

1696303-q2p.png

Myggen

I'd much rather speculate about what dumb shit like the roller coaster video they do next, since I have to imagine it's doing very well for them in traffic.

The logical conclusion to the series of GB playing games in dumb settings is for Dan and Drew to play a portable game while skydiving.

daydream

Banned
What was that game on the Eshop where Nintendo Life reviewed it very poorly and the Developer lost his shit over it ?

BrickBlast U.

We apologize for not delivering GTA 6 for $3.99, in the future we will do our best to live up to your AAA expectations for an indie game that is currently priced on Nintendo eShop at $0.99 cents. Don’t get me wrong as I have no problem accepting criticism I just feel that this review was more one person’s opinion and doesn’t really represent the gaming communities best interest. You complained about not knowing the items but did you bother to read the Emanuel before posting your review? [...]

I can't wait for Drew to get back, so I'm doing this right now. Pretty sure this will be my 6th playthrough of the only MGS I've ever finished.

2 > 3

Come at me.

I think someone could make a legitimate case for any one of the 4 mainline MGS games being the best and it would be hard to argue.

At this point in time I'd probably go 1 > 3 > 4 > 2 but that order has changed plenty of times. It probably took me 2-3 years to actually finish 3 after a bunch of false starts, but now it's one of my all-time favorite games. I never even played the Subsistence version until the HD collection, and even then I played the vanilla version first.

Zaph

I can't wait for Drew to get back, so I'm doing this right now. Pretty sure this will be my 6th playthrough of the only MGS I've ever finished.

2 > 3

Come at me.

What platform is that from? HD collection? PC? Emulator? Looks really sharp.

I need to go back and play MGS 3 Subsistence. I played the game 3 times before the Subsistence version came out, which by all accounts seems to be the right way to play it.

During the Metal Gear Scanlon finale it occurred to me that MGS3 came out on 3DS. What a weird-ass release. Pre-release the 3DS was looking like such a strange handheld.

I need to go back and play MGS 3 Subsistence. I played the game 3 times before the Subsistence version came out, which by all accounts seems to be the right way to play it.

During the Metal Gear Scanlon finale it occurred to me that MGS3 came out on 3DS. What a weird-ass release. Pre-release the 3DS was looking like such a strange handheld.

MGS3DS made a lot of sense at one time. Then the project moved from KojiPro to an external porting team, got severely downgraded (even though the original demo was running on weaker hardware than what the 3DS actually came out with), and Kojima became enamored with the Vita and focused on putting the HD Collection there instead of the remake MGS3DS was supposed to be.

It basically went from "This will be awesome" to "I guess we have to make this?" in months.

I own it. It's probably the worst version of MGS3 out there by a mile. There was weirdly a 3DS firmware update that helped the framerate a lot, but that was only one of the game's problems.

erawsd

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, sure, they're not huge spoilers, I just felt like there were some cool moments that might not shine as brightly as if he had gone into the game more blind.

I'm particularly sensitive to spoilers in trailers and stuff, so I'm probably not the most objective person about this.

Eh, its nothing that many folks hadn't known going into MGS2. Plus they probably wont be returning to the feature until next year so he'll forget most of what hes seen.

He implied that Vinny's son would have seen Vinny naked at some point, and that was the worst thing ever.

I don't get it.

Not quite. Vinny was talking about his penis, for some reason. He said "some people call it my arm", implying that he has an enormous dick. Then Brad said: "Max doesn't count though", basically implying that Vinny had sex with his son. :/

I was dumbstruck when that happened. I thought for sure Vinny would flip the fuck out.

So yeah, what Brad said to Vinny is much more worse than Ryan using the word "faggot".

erawsd

Not quite. Vinny was talking about his penis, for some reason. He said "some people call it my arm", implying that he has an enormous dick. Then Brad said: "Max doesn't count though", basically implying that Vinny had sex with his son. :/

I was dumbstruck when that happened. I thought for sure Vinny would flip the fuck out.

So yeah, what Brad said to Vinny is much more worse than Ryan using the word "faggot".

What? Brad made a harmless joke, in no way was he actually accusing Vinny of having sex with his child.

Nethaniah

How does that imply that he had sex with his son?

China warred and then subjugated Korea on-and-off for a millennium.
China and Japan warred on-and-off for about two centuries.
Korea was the little bitch third-wheel that was passed between the two countries.
Japan raped and pillaged Korea for a century - literally trying to extinguish Korean culture by teaching Japanese and banning Korean signage.
Japan then raped and pillaged China for a few decades.

So east Asian countries have not historically gotten along.

Economically, Korea and Japan dictated strict foreign tariffs to protect domestic goods, so there's even a brand-alignment that's (un)intentionally created - e.g. circa 2002, a Ford Taurus or Toyota Camry cost the equivalent of $70k in South Korea, where as the Hyundai or Kia equivalent car costs about $25k.

More recently, Korean firms and Chinese firms have literally stolen Japanese intellectual property and processes (1. "We'll manufacturer your goods for you. For cheap!" 2. "Wait, we just learned everything we need to make televisions." 3. "Fuck off, we're making our own TVs." to enter high tech industries to great success.

So international lawsuits ahoy.

East Asia is a silly place. Except silly would be the wrong word considering all the horrible shit that's happened between the three countries. :|

So Jerks Vs Jerks Vs Jerks

Top Bottom