• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

I now want to buy an XB One and Forza Horizon 2...

Will hold out for a while, and at least try DriveClub (on PS+), but I sense it is not the racer for me, and my intuition is usually right when picking racing games.

Yeah. I was thinking about Driveclub but I actually just played the Horizon 2 demo today, then watched a Driveclub stream later today and thought "Yeah, Horizon 2 is clearly the one for me." It just seems way more fun to me.

Driveclub looks amazing visually, but I can get that out of my system with an hour of the PS+ version or something. Although that 16GB download is a big hit against my download cap...!

Zaph

I will say something positive about Blur - the art direction and UI design was gorgeous.

What was that other cancelled racer that was featured on some dude's portfolio? Driving up skyscrapers and shit. Looked great.

Sirim

Some of the gamespot user comments on that Giantbomb quicklook are like seeing people who've never heard of the Onion screaming about their articles:

GuillermoX said:
Couple things:

First: 57 minutes isn't a "quick" anything.

Second: Maybe have people look at this that don't act like they're too cool for it. How much time these two sit here and make fun of the game and the source material is completely unprofessional.

This is also a great game...

mXjQd8N.png

bender

What time is it?
I think Dan or Jeff recently mentioned Rumble Racing. I had a lot of fun with that game. I wonder if it holds up.

Comparing 2 console exclusive racing games releasing within weeks of each other? Danny might as well go into great detail about his views on politics and religion.

Yeah. I was thinking about Driveclub but I actually just played the Horizon 2 demo today, then watched a Driveclub stream later today and thought "Yeah, Horizon 2 is clearly the one for me." It just seems way more fun to me.

Driveclub looks amazing visually, but I can get that out of my system with an hour of the PS+ version or something. Although that 16GB download is a big hit against my download cap...!

I am in very much the game boat. I am on 120GB a month, which is not bad, but downloading all GB content on "High" to watch them (which seems close to 1 hour = 1GB), adds up. I came very close to going over in September - without making a huge big single download of any kind.

I think I am going to have to watch a few video (hopefully a QL) of Driveclub before committing to downloading the PS+ version

I am in very much the game boat. I am on 120GB a month, which is not bad, but downloading all GB content on "High" to watch them (which seems close to 1 hour = 1GB), adds up. I came very close to going over in September - without making a huge big single download of any kind.

I think I am going to have to watch a few video (hopefully a QL) of Driveclub before committing to downloading the PS+ version

I am very curious to see how it is received at least. I really don't have much of a read on how I think it'll review.

I played this game on PC and can confirm this.

I think.

Actually, that was ages ago and I think I forgot everything about, lol. This was basically Micro Machines, right?.

It is pretty close to Micro Machines - it is a top down racer after all - but they nailed everything about it. Fantastic handling. There is vehicular combat in it too - so Dan would like that :p

It supports 4 players local - so it would be a great UPF game. I feel I need to get word to GB Prime about this

RE_Player

Even though I fall on the side where I don't like publishers and devs handicapping versions of games to appease platform holders I look forward to the Giant Bomb crew mock this whole thing in the fashion they usually do.

daydream

Banned
It is pretty close to Micro Machines - it is a top down racer after all - but they nailed everything about it. Fantastic handling. There is vehicular combat in it too - so Dan would like that :p

It supports 4 players local - so it would be a great UPF game. I feel I need to get word to GB Prime about this

Yeah, after looking at some screenshots, it's coming back to me. Maybe Dan has played this game and is inclined to agree in which case we could see it on UPF. Otherwise, you could try hitting up Drew on Twitter.

Myggen

Even though I fall on the side where I don't like publishers and devs handicapping versions of games to appease platform holders I look forward to the Giant Bomb crew mock this whole thing in the fashion they usually do.

It sounds so fucking strange if that PR line is actually what happened. Unless MS paid money to Ubisoft to actually handicap the game on the PS4 (is that even legal?), I can't fathom a reason why they would publish a worse version of the game on the lead platform so far this gen for "parity" reasons. Most likely to me, they didn't manage to get a good enough PS4 version out the door so they tried to "save face" by giving a bullshit excuse that blew up in their face.

after doing such an incredibly bad job handling the DRM discussion and all of that fallout, mocking the reaction to all this stuff probably isn't the way to go from now on.

It sounds so fucking strange if that PR line is actually what happened. Unless MS paid money to Ubisoft to actually handicap the game on the PS4 (is that even legal?), I can't fathom a reason why they would publish a worse version of the game on the lead platform so far this gen for "parity" reasons. Most likely to me, they didn't manage to get a good enough PS4 version out the door so they tried to "save face" by giving a bullshit excuse that blew up in their face.

EA have been on the parity train as well but they do have their partnership with Microsoft.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Top three racing games ever:

3. Motorstorm Apocalypse
2. Hydro Thunder
1. Rush 2049

Special Mention: Burnout 3

This is not debatable.

Here are my 3 top racing games of all time:

3. Diddy kong racing
2. Driver
1. Diddy kong racing

All other games are garbage, this is not debatable. Once i even bought Forza 4 and played it for 10 minutes......garbage, never touched it again.

There were all kinds of forced parity fears raised after the console specs were announced and since then by and large, they seemed unfounded. However, just before all concerns died down, Ubisoft PR went ahead and stepped right in it. The, we went for parity to avoid controversy line, may be the most out of touch thing I've heard from a dev in quite a while.

It's going to be a slow one this week right?

According to Bomin' these are coming at least...

Costume Quest 2 QL (Vinny;/Alex)
NBA 2K15 QL (Vinny/Alex)
Vinny (& Comic Vine's Tony Guerrero) are attending New York Comic Con [no idea if this means video content]

Aaron

There was all kinds of forced parity fears raised after the console specs where announced and since then by and large, they seemed unfounded. However, just before all concerns died down, Ubisoft PR went ahead and stepped right in it. The, we went for parity to avoid controversy line, may be the most out of touch thing I've heard from a dev in quite a while.
Being tone def is Ubisoft's specialty. Look at the cut-scenes for the upcoming Crew. It's the most tone deaf thing I've seen in a game for a long time.

There was all kinds of forced parity fears raised after the console specs where announced and since then by and large, they seemed unfounded. However, just before all concerns died down, Ubisoft PR went ahead and stepped right in it. The, we went for parity to avoid controversy line, may be the most out of touch thing I've heard from a dev in quite a while.

At least all those people claiming forced parity was a conspiracy are eating crow today. They claim it was so there wouldn't be a debate but now Unity will be used as an example all generation long that these things are happening.

popo

I just saw a random Driveclub stream and the guy was slamming in to other racers to slow down in the corners with no penalty. I think Greg might actually like this game more than most.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I just saw a random Driveclub stream and the guy was slamming in to other racers to slow down in the corners with no penalty. I think Greg might actually like this game more than most.
Pretty sure I've seen videos where you lose points for making contact with other cars and also for taking corners poorly. Might be a specific mode the dude was playing in or something. But I am indeed curious to hear Greff's thoughts

Top Bottom