• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Check the Twitch archive

I did...

ALeJlsm.png

:(

Aaron

I'm really surprised Fuse came out. As soon as they changed the art style, everyone in the game's press and message board freaks knew the game was dooooomed. If they weren't willing to change it, they should have just scrapped it, and saved the money on pressing those discs.

I'm really surprised Fuse came out. As soon as they changed the art style, everyone in the game's press and message board freaks knew the game was dooooomed. If they weren't willing to change it, they should have just scrapped it, and saved the money on pressing those discs.

Generation Seven. They were playing safe.

Myggen

NFS HP on the PS3 at 30 fps was way more fun for me than BP on the PC at 60 fps. Boring single player races and a joke of a crash mode aren't made fun by a high frame rate.

Of course, if you don't like a game no amount of framerate will make it better. But I don't think many people will argue that 30 fps beats 60 fps, especially for racing games. The sense of speed is just so much better if your game is 60.

Curufinwe

Of course, if you don't like a game no amount of framerate will make it better. But I don't think many people can argue that 30 fps beats 60 fps, especially for racing games. The sense of speed is just so much better if your game is 60.

Sure, but FH2 also seems like a much better game than F5. Mocking racing games that are 30 fps is silly.

daydream

Banned
Driveclub seems as mediocre as Motorstorm was. At least the latter had its outlandish environments.

But then again, I'm not the target audience for these clinical racers.

Fox318

When they do the next mario party video they all need to dress up as the character they will be playing.

Jeff- Mario
wJrU9EV.jpg

Dan- Luigi
BB3rZe6.jpg

Drew -Yoshi
yLQt9VT.jpg

Brad - Peach
QXr1kRm.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Driveclub seems as mediocre as Motorstorm was. At least the latter had its outlandish environments.

But then again, I'm not the target audience for these clinical racers.

I honestly can't tell most "realistic" racing game from another. I'D take F-Zero, Flatout or Mario Kart over those ever day. Just not my genre.

Myggen

Sure, but FH2 also seems like a much better game than F5. Mocking racing games that are 30 fps is silly.

Being at 30 fps doesn't mean that your racing game is bad (it can be fantastic!), but I will always prefer my racing games to run at 60 fps, even if that means a hit to the graphics. I don't think anyone's mocking racing games that are 30 fps, but just saying that 60 fps makes for even better games.

daydream

Banned
Pure / Horizon / Split Second / Dirt 2 / Split Second / Driver San Francisco / Burnout Paradise / Sega Rally

Are all amazing racing games.from last gen. Still own them all.

Sadly have still not played a racing game this gen :/

Sega Rally and Pure were underappreciated.

Zaph

Pure / Horizon / Split Second / Dirt 2 / Split Second / Driver San Francisco / Burnout Paradise / Sega Rally

Yes to all these!

And you even left Blur off the list too! Death to kart racers.

Things aren't going well for arcade racers right now. I believe an MX game is out very soon, that'll have to do.

Driver SF was way better than it had any right being.

Xyber

60FPS will always be better when it comes to racing games (and all other games too for that matter). So having games go with 30 instead to improve the graphics is disappointing.

bender

What time is it?

No Blur? That was my favorite.

I've been playing through Burnout Paradise recently. The exploration elements are great or maybe I just like "collecting" stuff. I'm still not a fan of open-city racers.

Myggen

I've been playing through Burnout Paradise recently. The exploration elements are great or maybe I just like "collecting" stuff. I'm still not a fan of open-city racers.

I think the multiplayer is what made that game for me. Single player is alright but the world can feel a bit empty and directionless. I played probably over 100 hours of just the multiplayer in that game, so much fun.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Blur was great. Activision still deserves every cent it lost based on the fact that they marketed it by mocking the most likely fans of the game.

I might pick up Split/Second when it hits a sale, I rented it back when it launched and felt no desire to keep it longer than a week or so. A lot of fun the first couple of times through the tracks, but the explosions got real boring real quick.

Curufinwe

Midnight Club LA was great. And fucking hard.

Yes to all these!

And you even left Blur off the list too! Death to kart racers.

Things aren't going well for arcade racers right now. I believe an MX game is out very soon, that'll have to do.

Driver SF was way better than it had any right being.

To be honest, I thought Blur was one of Bizarres worst efforts. I'd stick PGR4 above Blur if I was ranking them, although neither is something think I would go back to anytime soon. On the other hand, I would happily go back and play anything on my above list right now - especially the Black Rock Studio games.

Myggen

Blur was great. Activision still deserves every cent it lost based on the fact that they marketed it by mocking the most likely fans of the game.

I might pick up Split/Second when it hits a sale, I rented it back when it launched and felt no desire to keep it longer than a week or so. A lot of fun the first couple of times through the tracks, but the explosions got real boring real quick.

What's the story there? I don't remember any of that.

I reallllyyyyyyy liked nfs hot pursuit.

Great game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Top three racing games ever:

3. Motorstorm Apocalypse
2. Hydro Thunder
1. Rush 2049

Special Mention: Burnout 3

This is not debatable.

I now want to buy an XB One and Forza Horizon 2...

Will hold out for a while, and at least try DriveClub (on PS+), but I sense it is not the racer for me, and my intuition is usually right when picking racing games.

bender

What time is it?
I think the multiplayer is what made that game for me. Single player is alright but the world can feel a bit empty and directionless. I played probably over 100 hours of just the multiplayer in that game, so much fun.

I played a bunch of Paradise at launch too and it just never clicked with me. I'm a weirdo when it comes to racers. I still think Burnout 2 was the best in the series.

To be honest, I thought Blur was one of Bizarres worst efforts. I'd stick PGR4 above Blur if I was ranking them, although neither is something think I would go back to anytime soon. On the other hand, I would happily go back and play anything on my above list right now - especially the Black Rock Studio games.

Weird. It's probably my favorite effort from Bizarre since PGR2 (my favorite racer ever). That probably has a lot to do with the circle of friends who'd play the games consistently but I really like most of the tracks in Blur.

I now want to buy an XB One and Forza Horizon 2...

I'm with you there. By the time the original Horizon came around, I'd gotten rid of my 360.

Top Bottom