• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

RE_Player

It sounds so fucking strange if that PR line is actually what happened. Unless MS paid money to Ubisoft to actually handicap the game on the PS4 (is that even legal?), I can't fathom a reason why they would publish a worse version of the game on the lead platform so far this gen for "parity" reasons. Most likely to me, they didn't manage to get a good enough PS4 version out the door so they tried to "save face" by giving a bullshit excuse that blew up in their face.
I don't think people literally think Microsoft gave Ubisoft a sack of cash for parity. However since Ubisoft has a co-marketing deal with Microsoft for Assassin's Creed Unity they could have nudged and pressured them in subtle ways to achieve parity.

KISHCAST KISHCAST KISHCAST

Kishcast! Kishcast! Kishcast!

guoze.gif

I'm a bit late to this discussion but the best racing games are, in no particular order, Burnout 3, Burnout Paradise, Forza 3, Project Gotham Racing 2, and Dirt 2.

I'm actually really partial to Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 as well even though the actual racing part of it kind of sucks.

LuchaShaq

Banned
That Assassin's Creed parity thread is embarrassing. How can people be this passionate about resolution?

How can people be so obtuse? Its not about resolution its about a gam e being gimped on another platform due to comarketing dollars.

Its disgusting, and acting like a gaming hipster who doesn't care if games look like ass has nothing to do with it.

Volotaire

I still have so many fond memories of NFS: Most Wanted. I absolutely loved the blacklist and the police chases. The soundtrack for the police chases was exhilarating. Carbon was OK as a sequel, but disappointed.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How can people be so obtuse? Its not about resolution its about a gam e being gimped on another platform due to comarketing dollars.

Its disgusting, and acting like a gaming hipster who doesn't care if games look like ass has nothing to do with it.

Nah, it's fun watching people complain about something where the entire point goes right over their heads. That's what makes that thread fun.

I've seen enough posts on Gaf complaining about resolution to see it's like the biggest deal in the world next to frame rate here. I doubt anything looks like ass at 900p. I mainly commented on that thread because it's so big. I didn't know about the comarketing dollars. Is that assumed or confirmed?

Myggen

I've seen enough posts on Gaf complaining about resolution to see it's like the biggest deal in the world next to frame rate here. I doubt anything looks like ass at 900p. I mainly commented on that thread because it's so big. I didn't know about the comarketing dollars. Is that assumed or confirmed?

Assumed.

edit: Comarketing dollars being paid isn't assumed, that it had an impact on this clusterfuck is.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Again the resolution is the outcome not the problem here.

They already had comarketing dollars switching hands of course ubisoft won't explicitly say shit about money but the original ubisoft quote about parity is already damning nothing else is needed.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

They already had comarketing dollars switching hands of course ubisoft won't explicitly say shit about money but the original ubisoft quote about parity is already damning nothing else is needed.

Nah you've got it all wrong. Didn't you see the Kotaku quote? It's like...totally cool, guys. It was just a misunderstanding. That perfectly clear quote? It was misinterpreted! You see, you tried to use well accepted definitions to the words he was saying. When in fact, what he really meant was whatever won't make you all so angry at us. Please? Oh christ, my twitter account is literally on fire. Send help.

Fair enough. That is pretty shit. Calling me a gamer hipster was a bit harsh though, gonna have to walk that one off :(

TraBuch

Banned
Wait, so there's a tooltip in Aliens that says you can befriend characters but you can't actually befriend anyone? That's a bummer. Seems like it could've been a fairly interesting mechanic.

Wait, so there's a tooltip in Aliens that says you can befriend characters but you can't actually befriend anyone? That's a bummer. Seems like it could've been a fairly interesting mechanic.

Self-esteem killer right there. The player could be left wondering the whole game, why doesn't anyone like me?

Dragon

Banned
Yeah I don't get Brad here at all. And Patrick's tweets with completely hypothetical strawman arguments don't help either. It's fine for them to have the opinion that they don't want to cover it, but if that's the case, they should remain consistent.

I still have so many fond memories of NFS: Most Wanted. I absolutely loved the blacklist and the police chases. The soundtrack for the police chases was exhilarating. Carbon was OK as a sequel, but disappointed.

I only ever played the PSP version, and I thought that was still pretty decent.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeah I don't get Brad here at all. And Patrick's tweets with completely hypothetical strawman arguments don't help either. It's fine for them to have the opinion that they don't want to cover it, but if that's the case, they should remain consistent.

Did you miss resolutiongate and xbone drm mess? This is expected.

Myggen

I think GB has just turned off comments on all their videos on YT. The comments on the latest Bombin' got fucking ugly, so might have something to do with it.

TraBuch

Banned
Not even sure why people want Brad to bring it up on the Bombcast. We all know it'll just be immediately dismissed like everything else regarding resolution. The GB crew are awesome, but they're probably the last people that people should be going to about situations like this. They really just don't care.

Edit: Talking about the AC: Unity thing.

Myggen

Haven't watched bombin' today yet, what got people so worked up?

Samantha being on.

Yeah...

I'm glad they turned it off. Moderating YT comments is something Rorie has done, and he obviously doesn't have the time to do it. Some ugly, ugly shit has been left in the comment section under different videos for months now. So good riddance.

Not even sure why people want Brad to bring it up on the Bombcast. We all know it'll just be immediately dismissed like everything else regarding resolution. The GB crew are awesome, but they're probably the last people that people should be going to about situations like this. They really just don't care.

Edit: Talking about the AC: Unity thing.

There's more important news to talk about. The 3DS has themes now!

daydream

Banned
I think GB has just turned off comments on all their videos on YT. The comments on the latest Bombin' got fucking ugly, so might have something to do with it.

Good riddance.

Hope they keep it like this, at least for a week or two (or forever. I wouldn't care but I can't see Rorie going that far.).

Top Bottom