• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
If you are looking at viewing figures for bombing in the am on youtube make sure to add the ones from Patricks channel to GBs, since Patricks is the live version. It is still lower than the other videos but that is to be expected since they don't play any games it is just talking and no other videos on the channel do that so it's hard to compare.

Even with just 4 comments on the video on his channel, of course one of them is god awful. Shutting down those comments sections seems like the right move, wonder if he'll do it on his own channel.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I need a good, obscure QL to watch. Suggestions?

Zaph

So what are the odds that Jeff will actually participate in the next Mario Party party? He seemed pretty jaded at the end of the last one.

lol Jeff didn't seem "jaded" at the end of the last one, I'm sure he enjoyed it just fine. He just puts on an exaggerated persona when he doesn't like a game series. It doesn't physically hurt him.

Well, I want Jeff to be there is what I'm getting at. He's my favorite member. Throughout the video of the last party, he definitely seemed into it. Just at the end when Dan mentioned something about Mario Party 2, Jeff objected in some form. (I didn't know the word jaded has such a negative stigma around these parts)

Kelas

Well, I want Jeff to be there is what I'm getting at. He's my favorite member. Throughout the video of the last party, he definitely seemed into it. Just at the end when Dan mentioned something about Mario Party 2, Jeff objected in some form. (I didn't know the word jaded has such a negative stigma around these parts)

He was just playing up a disliking for the series for entertainment. Also they had just played an amount of the game that would probably put anyone off thinking of playing another one any time soon.

Aaron

Get out the list of things Dan doesn't know, and add 'hatchback.' Though Jeff struggling and failing to explain the term was pretty funny.

Myggen

Reviews aren't kind.

Gamespot gave it a 5. Ouch.

Not that surprising. Seems like a game without an identity outside of "look at all these leaderboards every other modern racing game has!". That it lacks in content is disappointing too, but not surprising given that it was originally a launch game. Probably gonna give this game a pass.

Really wish I owned a Xbone now, FH2 looks great and I'm in the need of a good racing game.

edit: I now learned what a hatchback was. I've never owned a car or cared about cars, so I don't think it's too embarrassing ? Maybe it is.

Kelas

I'm only ten mins into the ql but it already looks very bland. Granted I haven't played it, but the driving doesn't look demanding/challenging at all.

Dan mentioned not seeing the time of day, time compression stuff in a racing game before, but it's been in gt6 and pretty sure it's in gt5 (not for all tracks).

(I didn't know the word jaded has such a negative stigma around these parts)

it's just used all the time. from this and the previous thread (some are jokes):

Peter seemed to be a jaded husk of a man today.

They can have him, he is so jaded these days. Go back to Wales you grump.

Patrick mostly gives context in a very jaded way.

Maybe I just confused Jeff rationalization with being jaded.

I can already smell the "Jeff is such a jaded asshole!" posts.

I like his more open minded attitude to new games, Its a nice contrast to Jeff's jaded approach.

Probably just older and jaded now. 1000s of hours of DOTA will do that to you.

But personality aside, the fact that he's spurring the jaded GiantBomb to more video content is only good

I think Alex is the best, the increased visibility over at Giant Beast HQ is great for the site. But he is a Jaded-ass motherfucker and the first to admit it.

I'm morbidly curious as to how Jeff is going to be a total downer about Persona 5 and make the whole thread say that he's become jaded.

It takes quite the jaded man to be irritated by online fans telling him how much they like his work.

Jeff is mad jaded, yo

Jeff sounds jaded as fuck as usual.

I think pretending the GB guys aren't at all jaded is positively adorable.

Man, Alex is to jaded for me....

etc. It's more run into the ground than "Brad at games" at this point.

Kelas

I wanna know what happens when you hit that foot high bank of snow at the side of the track.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
A full year delay and what they have is an unfininished game that even if it were finished wouldn't have enough features to compete with other games in the genre.

Bravo, Sony.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno if a racing game has to be full sim or full arcadey and can't just try a new thing, but if it feels bad than it feels bad.

Kelas

I've got even odds on "comes to a complete stop" and "causes catastrophic collision"

Considering a 3 second track reset counter starts the instant you put a wheel off track, the snow having the consistency of solid concrete seems probable.

Myggen

A full year delay and what they have is an unfininished game that even if it were finished wouldn't have enough features to compete with other games in the genre.

Bravo, Sony.

Yeah, from reading reviews it seems to have that launch game feel still, with a severe lack of features.

hatchback is a much more popular term in the UK and possibly the rest of europe than it is the US. I haven't seen american cars called hatchbacks since the early 90s, even if that's what they are (looking at you, Fiat 500 and Ford Fiesta)

Bravo, Sony.

I hope Evolution Studios is ok.

They where on the ropes after the last Motorstorm got the silent treatment since the Japanese earthquake happened around the same time and driveclub is a real make or break game for them. Maybe it will sell a bunch due to it being pretty and the lack of other racers on the platform.

popo

Wait ... so what are hatchbacks called in the US? Are they just not popular or do you have another name? I would have thought most compacts would be hatchbacks.

Also. Is "hatch" inherently sexual? It isn't like these cars are called Hot Snatches. Although Ford do have the Focus STD, so he may be on to something.

Driveclub doesn't look great in this QL, though granted most of the QL has been Jeff complaining while looking through menus.
I hope Evolution Studios is ok.

They where on the ropes after the last Motorstorm and driveclub is a real make or break game for them. Maybe it will sell a bunch due to it being pretty and the lack of other racers on the platform.
Sadly, they are probably in deep trouble.

def sim

Wait ... so what are hatchbacks called in the US? Are they just not popular or do you have another name? I would have thought most compacts would be hatchbacks.

Also. Is "hatch" inherently sexual? It isn't like these cars are called Hot Snatches.

We call them hatchbacks. Dan just didn't know, I guess.

Do you even have hatchbacks in the US or do you just use pick up trucks for all your "I need something bigger then a normal car boot" needs?

popo

ive only heard hatchback on top gear

its not used in the us

So if you saw one next to a "sedan" with a regular "trunk" - how would you describe the hatchback? Something about a tailgate?

Also - how do you do a handbrake turn when the "e-brake" is by the steering wheel?

Top Bottom