• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasCro

Saw Derek Smart teasing Patrick about the Gawker thing, rediscovered he blocked me on twitter for posting facts that disproved his rant about Star Citizen.

robotrock

Banned
I'd really like for the Beastcast to change up their music selections. I can't stand the ad music anymore, and I especially can't stand the correction music.

Switching to the premium feed only fixes one of these things.

ok so episode 23 of MGScanlon was filmed 12 days after the last episode(22), meaning that they've been stockpiling episodes for a straight month

ok so episode 23 of MGScanlon was filmed 12 days after the last episode(22), meaning that they've been stockpiling episodes for a straight month

How did you figure that out? Did Dan tweet something about eating yogurt? If you're right, I wonder why they waited so long.

omgkitty

Plays game like complete garbage and dies over and over. Finishes mission and yells "S-RANK! This is everything I wanted from this game"

So I've been out of the loop on MGScanlon ever since the start of MGSV. I didn't feel like watching Drew play through a game I had just spent upwards of 60 hours playing.

But now I kinda wanna jump back in. Has the MGSV playthrough been decent? Is it worth sitting through every episode? If not, have there been any specific episodes that are "MUST SEE"?

jaina

So I've been out of the loop on MGScanlon ever since the start of MGSV. I didn't feel like watching Drew play through a game I had just spent upwards of 60 hours playing.

But now I kinda wanna jump back in. Has the MGSV playthrough been decent? Is it worth sitting through every episode? If not, have there been any specific episodes that are "MUST SEE"?
Don't know if any of us watched all of MGSV and can tell you *MUST SEE* moments.
I stopped when they caught up to my playthrough at EP. 11 and didn't have the urge to continue watching everything since.
Watched the last one though (mission 30/31 which I can recommend) and started today's episode.

repeater

Has the MGSV playthrough been decent? Is it worth sitting through every episode? If not, have there been any specific episodes that are "MUST SEE"?
There's been a lot of negativity about this season in this thread but I watched it just after my playthrough and I thought it was good. It's a different kind of beast from the other seasons, obviously, due to the structure of the game.

Looking forward to the final episode
"Drewth: The Dan Who Sold the World"

The game itself has structure and story problems. It plays well, but it's obvious Drew especially doesn't care at all about what's happening in the game.

kAmui-

To me it's kinda like Project B.E.A.S.T. I put it on my second screen and browse gaf or play a game or whatever on my main monitor. You don't have to see every single second of it, but they do have a lot of great conversations that are fun to listen to.

Watched the last one though (mission 30/31 which I can recommend) and started today's episode.

There's been a lot of negativity about this season in this thread but I watched it just after my playthrough and I thought it was good. It's a different kind of beast from the other seasons, obviously, due to the structure of the game.

The game itself has structure and story problems. It plays well, but it's obvious Drew especially doesn't care at all about what's happening in the game.

To me it's kinda like Project B.E.A.S.T. I put it on my second screen and browse gaf or play a game or whatever on my main monitor. You don't have to see every single second of it, but they do have a lot of great conversations that are fun to listen to.

Thanks for the replies!

Think I'm just gonna chuck this onto the giant pile of "stuff to listen to while playing games" that I've amassed. To be honest, the parts I enjoy most in MGScanlon are when Drew gets to take in another bit of Metal Gear story for the first time. And Phantom Pain is certainly short on story, so I guess I was always gonna relegate this to side-content.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of related: former GT staff is doing a Kinda Funny thing now, too. Including Patreon etc

Volotaire

Kind of related: former GT staff is doing a Kinda Funny thing now, too. Including Patreon etc

Yep, I've pledged. It looks to be a side project for them at the moment, since they cannot sustain 7 people at once, but hopefully it will grow into something bigger and they can transform it into a full time project for all the people involved.

I think Drew's complete and total disinterest in continuing to play MGSV is kind of endearing. It's certainly relatable.

HitDan: Brad Money. Needs to be mentioned in the new thread until it happens.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, I've pledged. It looks to be a side project for them at the moment, since they cannot sustain 7 people at once, but hopefully it will grow into something bigger and they can transform it into a full time project for all the people involved.
Yeah the amount of people that popped up in that video made me question the whole thing, but since it's not a full time occupation it looks more doable. Honestly, I mostly like me some Final Bosman and that's not even part of it

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I look at all this patreon stuff and keep marvelling how giantbomb is pretty much the prototype of the direction the videogame professional enthusiast is going once again.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The difference is that unlike GB, their finances are pretty much out in the open, atleast the crowdfunding part. People will see a number and think "well, they don't need my $5 anymore" when in fact, they might actually do. And new Patreons seem to work like a Kickstarter where there's initial hype, but the goal is actually a continuous flow of income.
I don't know, relying on Patreon looks scary from the outside.

The difference is that unlike GB, their finances are pretty much out in the open, atleast the crowdfunding part. People will see a number and think "well, they don't need my $5 anymore" when in fact, they might actually do. And new Patreons seem to work like a Kickstarter where there's initial hype, but the goal is actually a continuous flow of income.
I don't know, relying on Patreon looks scary from the outside.

I think I actually prefer having those numbers out there, because I often find myself wondering whether the premium subscription stuff is "working out" for GB or not. I've heard that the Bombcast does really well but I don't know if I've ever heard them talk about the subscriptions at all. Also, the whole "well they don't need my $5" thing can go both ways, because if the money seems lacking for something (as in "not reaching the goal" lacking), people can take notice and decide to chip in.

So it's an MGScanlon episode?

Noray coming through with the positivity yet again

Wunder

So it's an MGScanlon episode?

made 50x worse by Dan's apathy and his dumb kid impression this episode. If he was enjoying the chaos and stupidity it would be easier to swallow, but having two people on camera just sighing and crying about MGSV isn't conducive to enjoyable content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom